Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Puritan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:05 pm

Goodness, it looks like Texhnolyze hasn't been reviewed here yet...if I would be allowed to do so I would be happy. It's...interesting, to say the least, and I'm sure it will be of interest to many, coming as it does from the makers of Haibane Renmei and Serial Experiments Lain.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:17 am

Hmmm not sure if it's been taken yet on here... (is it?) but since it'll be over in only 2 eps I'm planning on working on a Utawarerumono review^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Ashley » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Just as an FYI update (Gyppers is free to slap me if this is not placed correctly), but The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is now in our database.
Ashley

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:10 pm

Hmmm, I got nearly no info on this, but Shin Hokuto No Ken *Fist of the north star* looked inntresting at some points? You got a reveiw? *Could not find it* Or is it possible to get one? *I know VERY little about this series, so if there are some content that is considered bad, then I most likely would not know about it*. *I do know it is very violent however*

Again, hope there is nothing wrong with asking this, if so then I am very sorry.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:59 pm

I'm not qualified to write a review on that because I haven't finished the series and don't intend to. However, I can give you some basic information about it, if that is helpful.

Fist of the North Star is pure shonen. To put it another way, it's basically non-stop fighting. Quite a bit of blood and people exploding, not too much in the way of sexual content or bad language. The basic plot is that human civilization was wiped out by nuclear war and the survivors live in low-tech communities. The main characters is a master of a Chinese martial art style that involves touching pressure points that can do just about anything. But mostly killing people.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:21 pm

Comment on the more recentish reviews...

I noticed that the link URLs have a nice big red x and when you copy the link it comes up as somethign like this for example: copy2caaserverhttp://img51.echo.cx/my.p ... ir27ej.jpg Just so you know^^ For visual people like me, images are nice and sometimes the show can only be recognized by an image of a main character and stuff^^

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:58 pm

Caligar wrote:Lain
Elfen Lied

Pretty sure there's a Serial Experiments Lain review already; you may want to check the anime reviews section first.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Splitter 2.0 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:45 am

Submitted my second review, this time for Kaleido Star
Anata e tsunagaru daichi ni, umarete yokatta...
Splitter 2.0

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:42 pm

it'd be cool if someone could submit a review for trinity blood.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:38 pm

I intend to eventually, but only when the series finishes on Adult Swim. That will be quite some time, and it probably wouldn't be helpful to you.
uc pseudonym

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:19 pm

okay. i can wait until then.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Takuya » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:13 pm

Yeah... could someone make a review on Elfen Lied? that is, someone who's seen it.

I already know alot about it, especially that it'd likely get a 10 on the violence scale. I heard there's alot of graphic nudity (Likely to satisfy realism. I HIGHLY doubt it's truely hentai, which in my honest opinion would need to be intentionally errotic). That having been said, I wouldn't ask anyone to go watch it for me so they could post a review, but I'd appreciate anyone who has to do so... 'Cause I'm questioning whether or not I should watch it... leaning towards no, but it might be something I have to watch for... certain reasons...
Takuya

Location: Perhaps another time, another place. Where I am matters not, but who I am.

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:12 pm

I've seen some of the Elfen Lied anime and read most of the manga (as far as I know the anime's plot is the same as the manga's but with a different, truncated ending). There is definitely nudity, but not a great deal. Violence is also present in high amounts, though generally things like removal of limbs without much gore. It isn't hentai, but it does have aspects of a harem anime and the fanservice that goes along with it.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:26 pm

With Elfen Lied, I totally hate how all the random and uneccessary nudity and all that stuff, can ruin an interesting plot.

The manga is much worse (I've read up to the most recent scanned chapter. Don't even think I should've read that far into it because some stuff is just wrong...So yeah, dropped it.) It has the same bad stuff in the anime, but takes off into details and stuff unmentioned on the show (stuff you don't want to know...) and I did find one VERY revolting page in it. This was where the manga took off past the anime, and completely uneccessary... And it was kinda graphic and something you'd probably even see in a hentai. Actually I think there were a couple of those that I tried to ignore and move on :/ So yeah, no reccomendations there and a HIGH warning :/ Sexuality is defiantely a 10 in the manga...

Tenshi no Ai

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:50 pm

i was wondering if someone could write an anime review on hunter x hunter. i'm watching the anime series right now and i'm probably gonna write a review for the anime once i finish if someone else doesn't by then...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Takuya » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:13 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I've seen some of the Elfen Lied anime and read most of the manga (as far as I know the anime's plot is the same as the manga's but with a different, truncated ending). There is definitely nudity, but not a great deal. Violence is also present in high amounts, though generally things like removal of limbs without much gore. It isn't hentai, but it does have aspects of a harem anime and the fanservice that goes along with it.

That had to be cut. I saw an AMV... so as to keep from goring people out and likely getting banned, I'll PM you...
Takuya

Location: Perhaps another time, another place. Where I am matters not, but who I am.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:02 am

Could i write up a review for the first Karas Ova. The OVAs are realised a year appart so i wasn't sure if i could write a seprate review for the 1st one.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby rocklobster » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:45 am

uh, that's a series. You should wait until its finished.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rurouninaruto » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:15 am

Eureka 7
Trinity Blood
Black Cat
Inuyasha the movies 1-4
Vandread

Thanks.^^
rurouninaruto

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:42 am

Takuya wrote:That had to be cut. I saw an AMV... so as to keep from goring people out and likely getting banned, I'll PM you...

Why would he get banned? He's a moderator...
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:17 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Why would he get banned? He's a moderator...

no no no MSP he meant he'd get banned for saying the graphic stuff.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby mssthang_1 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:10 am

would it be possible to get a review for gunsword....plz and thnx
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:00 pm

I was wondering if someone could write an anime review on Mushishi?

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:56 am

I can't review it because I have not seen it in full, but I will direct you here:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=36083

That contains discussion of the anime as well as of its content. But the short version is that there is next to nothing offensive in Mushishi.
uc pseudonym

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:32 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I can't review it because I have not seen it in full, but I will direct you here:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=36083

That contains discussion of the anime as well as of its content. But the short version is that there is next to nothing offensive in Mushishi.

thanks. i'm not really concerned about the objectionable content about mushishi. i just wanted to read a review on the author's opinion of the anime and stuff like that...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby rurouninaruto » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:15 pm

I may've already requested this, but could someone please submit a review for the Wolf's Rain anime? Thanks!^^
rurouninaruto

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:23 pm

FYI: Cap'n Nick and I will be tag-teaming for a review of Tenshi ni Narumon! here soon.
Ashley

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:28 pm

could someone do a review for Fate/Stay Night and Basilisk?

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby RobinSena » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:17 am

If someone could write a review for Gunslinger Girl, I'd greatly appreciate it. =)
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Rei » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:29 pm

Does anyone have any info on PeaceMaker?
When you search your soul, what do you see?
A broken piece of your heart, or happiness as large as the sea. When you fall to pieces, do you cry, or do you look up to the sky..remembering the promise made, that he will always be there to make darkness fade.

----------------
Dramacon!!!!You have to read this manga!!!
----------------
Alone..Never..Dreamer..Forever..

New layout on my Myspace:
myspace
Rei

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews