The best place to buy manga...online?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

The best place to buy manga...online?

Postby inkhana » Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:40 pm

OK, I'm looking to start what I hope will be a fairly large manga collection...;) Does anybody know of a good online store with a decent selection and good prices? (I need an online store specifically because I am in a little town and don't have access to big bookstores or anything like that...:() Thanks!

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Psycho Ann » Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:55 pm

Viz.com?
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Retten » Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:03 pm

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby EdHead » Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:04 pm

Check out [url]tokyopop.com[/url].

They also sell soundtracks, animes, and some other stuff!
"He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yeilds its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers."

Psalms 1:3

;)
EdHead

Postby DuelShocker3 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:42 am

I just really buy mine off of Amazon.com. You can try there but it's a real big selection.
DuelShocker3

Postby Hoshika » Sat May 14, 2005 9:11 pm

Amazon.com does have a lot to offer but the shipping is too hight for my tastes.... I only go to the jp site muttle through with my half learned Japanese when I get desperate for the original manga.

As for US online shops that sell manga going to the publisher's site is only good for finding out special promo and release info since they are sure to charge full SRP wutg steap shipping prices.

I don't like telling my secrets but I will for you guys.

Overstock.com is would be the best place to get manga from, IF they offered volumen specific info. You are on your own figuring out what's what since constumer service is no help either.

Ebay.com had to be mentioned because sometimes people sell ther preread manga for a good price, just be careful.

Uln.com has a lot of manga at an okay price but the shipping cost isn't so great, especially when it costs almost $4 for media mail shipping and that all depends on how much you order (the shipping price goes up).

Animenation.com is a good place. They don't sell bootleg and have great service... still would like to see cheaper prices though. :p

finally, torrencia.com would also be the best place to get your manga fill but they have a limited selection. Still the shipping is to die for.... well not really but you know what I mean.

There are many other places I came across dong a search on the net but a lot of them sell bootleg stuff so I'm not even going to bother naming them.
Hoshika

Postby Lynx » Sat May 14, 2005 10:07 pm

http://www.barnsandnoble.com has an awesome selection, but if you you want the cheapest price that would probably be http://www.overstock.com
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby pyro_moogle » Sun May 15, 2005 8:13 am

just froogle the product that you want it will show you the best prices.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun May 15, 2005 8:39 am

Wow, old thread... before it gets locked or something, let me add my recommendation to it. :grin: *runs out of thread*
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby AngelSakura » Sun May 15, 2005 12:35 pm

Just Manga is kind of misleading, because they sell toys and stuff too, but they're okay. They've got a lot. I bought some Fruits Basket from them once.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Hoshika » Sun May 15, 2005 3:00 pm

TheMelodyMaker wrote:Wow, old thread... before it gets locked or something, let me add my recommendation to it. :grin: *runs out of thread*

o_O People sure are afraid of topic locking around here....

I like sites that give good prices and good service. So I often check reviews of such places if I can find them.

http://www.pricegrabber.com Is a helpful little site. Just type in what your looking for and various sellers along with a link to reviews from customers will pop up. I'm glad i check this place out every so often because i almost bought something from a vender that doesn't deliver the product someone has paid for and loves to slap people with monthly fees for no reason. (Eep, talk about a major head ache.)
Hoshika

Postby Sai » Mon May 16, 2005 5:03 am

I started buying mine off of overstock.com. It is two dollars cheaper than in the store and it is a dollar for shipping each book i think. I have found five different series that i am collecting right now on there.
Sai

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon May 16, 2005 8:51 am

Hoshika wrote:o_O People sure are afraid of topic locking around here....

Just to clarify, that was mostly a joke on Melmaker's part. Once you've been around a while, you'll realize that he'll do just about anything to give Anime Angels a plug. He'd probably do something like:

RandomMember: So, how's the weather where you live, Mel?
MelMaker: Awesome-- just like Anime Angels!!
*Ashley enters with shot gun and shoots MelMakter*

But we love him anyways! :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Mon May 16, 2005 3:54 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Just to clarify, that was mostly a joke on Melmaker's part. Once you've been around a while, you'll realize that he'll do just about anything to give Anime Angels a plug.

You've got that right! :grin: Actually, part of that was also on Ink's behalf to plug Chapter 1 of Steelblood. (See Mangazine issue 3. ^_~ )
[Edit: I just remembered whose thread this is... :sweat: ]

Mangafanatic wrote:He'd probably do something like:

RandomMember: So, how's the weather where you live, Mel?
MelMaker: Awesome-- just like Anime Angels!!
*Ashley enters with shot gun and shoots MelMakter*

But we love him anyways! :lol:

I don't think Ashley's shot me yet, though Gypsy's stuffed me in a box more than a few times for it. :lol:
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Debitt » Mon May 16, 2005 4:07 pm

http://dreamlandcomics.com

Anyone who ships volumes of Tactics early for $7 is good in my book. >_>;

http://animegamers.com is good for import manga.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Hoshika » Tue May 17, 2005 12:08 pm

:hug: Kokoro! You're an angel! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

(I knew reviving this thread would pay off sooner or later. Praise God!)

Hehe, I forgot to mention amazon.co.jp I think.
You'll have to know some Japanese though but the prices are lovely! The shipping is a bit high but it gets though and I don't too much care for how they package things.... :eyebrow:
Hoshika

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews