Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Yumie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:29 pm

[spoiler] Well, we don't actually know who has the tumor yet, though the preview seemed to imlpy it's Benjamin Linus.

Anyways, the thought that the pace maker could be psychological occured to me right after they told him about it, but the thing that made me nervous was that I couldn't be sure! I mean, wouldn't it be like the writers of the show to have us thinking that he was OK, and then BOOM! His heart blows up?

And whoa, I could kiss Desmund for saving Claire and Charlie and the baby. His lightning rod was brilliant. Thank goodness for crazy seeing-the-future gifts!

Oh, and can't Kate just tell Sawyer she loves him already? No point in lying to him, we all know it.[/spoiler]
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:55 pm

:lol: It's hard to tell really But okay. I was wrong. It's Ben.

I personally think Kate isn't really a good actress at times. Something about her screams out "FAKE" for some reason.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby rocklobster » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:16 pm

Yeah, they sure had me fooled too. Those Others are crafty #$%^&&.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:42 pm

So. According to the Lost commercial that I just saw, one of the survivors will die on Wednesday. Theorize with me! Who do you guys think it's gonna be...? :O
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:39 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:So. According to the Lost commercial that I just saw, one of the survivors will die on Wednesday. Theorize with me! Who do you guys think it's gonna be...? :O

It's not gonna be Hurley. He is just too cool.

It's not going to be Desmond. They need to develop his "thing more"

Unless he dies prophesizing something.

He'll most likely take part with who dies, trying to save him or whatever.

I can see Locke dying. (Unfortunately)

Charlie I can see dying.

Sun and Jin I FREAKEN HOPE NOT!

Clair has a baby

Sawyer.... I dunno most likely not.

Possibly Sayid.

Uhhhh I dunno.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:30 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:It's not gonna be Hurley. He is just too cool.

It's not going to be Desmond. They need to develop his "thing more"

Unless he dies prophesizing something.

He'll most likely take part with who dies, trying to save him or whatever.

Yeah, I thought the same. Besides, he and Hurley are really the only links we have to Libby's backstory, and they really need to finish explaining all of that. XD

I can see Locke dying. (Unfortunately)

Unfortunately, I can kind of see the same. Still, they haven't finished developing his character, and killing him off before we find out why he was paralyzed is a BIG no-no. XD So I also kind of doubt it'll be him, too.

Eko, on the other hand...hmmmmm.

Charlie I can see dying.

Charlie is too cool to die. He referenced LOTR]Sun and Jin I FREAKEN HOPE NOT![/QUOTE]

Sun I doubt, Jin....well, I'd rather have Jin die than Eko. XD He's currently my least favorite character on the show. XD

Sawyer.... I dunno most likely not.

Possibly Sayid.

Sawyer probably won't die; he's too important of a character right now. Jack has to save Henry/Ben (it's gonna take me a while to get used to calling him that XD) from his tumor, and Kate is in the same boat as Sawyer. I doubt they'll kill off Sayid just yet, either; we haven't really seen enough of his backstory.

Actually, whoever gets the backstory treatment this episode will probably be the one to go. XD 'Course, that's just a theory. XD;
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:49 am

I'd assume it would be a twist. You'd expect a not-so-important character to die, so don't be surprised if it's like Jack or something.

The producers are messing with our heads XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:54 am

See, what might happen is something like this...

[SPOILER=Ben, Jack, Kate, and Sawyer]Ben has this tumor, and Jack is there because Ben wants him to take it out. When Jack is doing surgery on Ben, he will totally be in control of whether or not Ben lives or dies. I mean, Ben is the leader of The Others, why wouldn't Jack want him dead, right? So I think that Sawyer's and Kate's safety will be on the line while Jack is doing the surgery or something, to make sure that Jack doesn't kill Ben.[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby toolegit » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:23 am

What about the "Alien" they showed on the previews. Who thinks it's an alien? I don't!
Blueberry Pancakes make my mornings!
toolegit

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:35 am

toolegit wrote:What about the "Alien" they showed on the previews. Who thinks it's an alien? I don't!

What, you mean in that one hatch? No, it's not an alien.

[SPOILER]My brother and I have theories that it's...oh, I forgot his name, but the guy that was in the hatch with Kelvin, before Des came. Kelvin says that he shot himself, and that's probably true. But what if it went through his eye (hence the eye-patch) and he survived?[/SPOILER]

Interesting, ne? :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:52 am

Dude. You got it all wrong
[Spoiler]It's really Radical Dreamer's mom[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:17 pm

Ok, thoughts on tonight's episode~!

[SPOILER]So yes, Eko is dead. But what about his last words, "You're next"? And...What about Jack, Ben, and Juliette? Who can we trust? Sure, Juliette's been nice so far, but what if it's all part of their ultimate plan? :O And what if we're really supposed to be trusting Ben? Then again, Juliette did say that "some of us want a change." Does that mean that Ben is really the evil one? Or not? And if Jack follows Juliette's advice, he's totally denying his oath as a doctor. So...What's he gonna do?? :O

Also, there's the whole thing with who I think is Kelvin's old partner from the Swan hatch. Goodness knows what hatch he's in now, but I definitely think that's him. I also don't really like the new characters; I hope they get killed off soon. XD[/SPOILER]

So what were your thoughts on this ep? :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:43 pm

Juliet is cyute XD

and the 2 new characters suck XD

[spoiler]Eko's death was so pointless, I thought[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:38 am

Theoriiiieeesss!

[SPOILER=last night's episode]Ok. We've heard Locke say it a thousand times. "The Island demands a sacrifice." Well, my mom and I were talking this over, and she has a darn good theory.

How many of The Others have died? Six, count them: Ethan, Goodwin, the two that Eko killed in the Jungle, the one that Kate shot, and the one that Sun shot.

Now, how many of the Survivors have died? Also six. The first to go was one of the more nondescript characters, killed by Ethan after Jack and the others decided not to return Claire to him back in season one. After that, Boone died, Shannon died, Ana and Libby died, and now Eko has died.

Is anyone else seeing a pattern here? Anytime one of The Others is killed, one of the Survivors is "sacrificed" as well. It's certainly worth thinking about. :D[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby rocklobster » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:29 pm

Interesting theories.
BUT WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL HIM?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:42 pm

Oh no they DIDN'T. Dude. I'm still rather stunned by the ending of the last episode. I dunno, has Lost jumped the shark? They'd seriously better pull out some crazy resurrection mojo or have a reeeeeally good reason for what they did :eyebrow:

So many aborted..character...plotlines..*eye twitch. distracts herself by staring at Desmond and giggling*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:37 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:Theoriiiieeesss!

[SPOILER=last night's episode]Ok. We've heard Locke say it a thousand times. "The Island demands a sacrifice." Well, my mom and I were talking this over, and she has a darn good theory.

How many of The Others have died? Six, count them: Ethan, Goodwin, the two that Eko killed in the Jungle, the one that Kate shot, and the one that Sun shot.

Now, how many of the Survivors have died? Also six. The first to go was one of the more nondescript characters, killed by Ethan after Jack and the others decided not to return Claire to him back in season one. After that, Boone died, Shannon died, Ana and Libby died, and now Eko has died.

Is anyone else seeing a pattern here? Anytime one of The Others is killed, one of the Survivors is "sacrificed" as well. It's certainly worth thinking about. :D[/SPOILER]

[spoiler]That is only assuming that the others are a part of the island, thus having a connection with the "black thing" which is killing people. But the others are not necessarily bad people, I don't think they are going out purposefully killing people.[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:25 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:[spoiler]That is only assuming that the others are a part of the island, thus having a connection with the "black thing" which is killing people. But the others are not necessarily bad people, I don't think they are going out purposefully killing people.[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]My brother's theory is that the "black thing" is a colony of nano-robots, because apparently, in one of the literary references that Lost has, nano-robots are able to take on many forms, are attracted to smoke, and are able to calculate people's pasts. If it's nano-robots, rather than a supernatural force, then it's very plausible that it could be somehow attached to The Others and their own calculations of the survivor's pasts.[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:22 pm

Here's something to ponder: each of the Survivors that has perished so far has had a "dark secret" in their past.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:30 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:[SPOILER]My brother's theory is that the "black thing" is a colony of nano-robots, because apparently, in one of the literary references that Lost has, nano-robots are able to take on many forms, are attracted to smoke, and are able to calculate people's pasts. If it's nano-robots, rather than a supernatural force, then it's very plausible that it could be somehow attached to The Others and their own calculations of the survivor's pasts.[/SPOILER]

[spoiler]Except that the producers of the show said that they were not nanorobots[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:40 pm

I haves the Lost soundtrack! YAY! :grin:

Seriously though, it's pretty good. Perhaps it's a little repetitive in spots but there's some truly excellent parts. I now have the Hurley running music from the S1 finale and the dramatic Locke instrumental and the raft launching theme! It's funny, I was sitting in the car giving the CD a listen after picking it up at the library and it seriously felt like I was in a Lost flashback. It's quite surreal to have a television soundtrack blaring duing your day to day life O_o
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:11 pm

ASDFJKLSEMICOLON.

[SPOILER]So! That was pretty much amazing! I seriously thought they were going going to kill Sawyer off for a while! And I was SO GLAD when Jack like...started punching the doctors out in the operating room. XD That was fantastic! And it looks like Kate and Sawyer are going to run, once the next portion of the season starts. Man, from looking at the previews, it looks like it's going to be a FANTASTIC season. XD And what was the whole thing with Eko's stick? The whole "look to the North" thing...is that foreshadowing that they'll find Jack, Kate, and Sawyer? I felt so bad for Jack too, when he saw the monitor with Kate and Sawyer on it. :( But anyways, I'm not really sure whether Kate has really chosen Sawyer over Jack or not. When Jack was talking to her on the intercom, she said she couldn't leave without him, either. So...who knows. XD But I'm REALLY looking forward to February! :D[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Yumie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:54 pm

[spoiler]Well, I was really dreading the infamously inevitable scene between Kate and Sawyer, so, I'm just glad it's over. But, at least it had a purpose (so that Jack could see them and realize exactly how things stood and decide to do the surgery) unlike Sayid and Shannon, who were just for the heck of it. But I was sooooo freaked out when I thought they were going to kill Sawyer. In that moment, I decided that if they killed him, I'd never watch the show again. So, thank goodness they didn't. Even if he does really dumb stuff sometimes, he's still one of my favorite characters. I love Jack for saving him, but I'm bummed that he's wanting to leave. Doesn't he realize that if he, the almighty doctor, leaves, then everyone will die? Besides, I really like him, he's a good guy.

I can't believe we have to wait until February for more episodes, but I'm at least glad that we'll have sixteen straight weeks without interruption. That's exciting. And it looks like it's going to be super good.[/spoiler]
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:41 am

[spoiler]:lol: I knew they weren't going to kill sawyer. Oh and the whole "person for person" was well done. He combined 2 elements of "doing the surgery" and "not doing the surgery" for his own benefit. They trusted him too much.[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:24 am

Yumie wrote:[spoiler]Well, I was really dreading the infamously inevitable scene between Kate and Sawyer, so, I'm just glad it's over. But, at least it had a purpose (so that Jack could see them and realize exactly how things stood and decide to do the surgery) unlike Sayid and Shannon, who were just for the heck of it. But I was sooooo freaked out when I thought they were going to kill Sawyer. In that moment, I decided that if they killed him, I'd never watch the show again. So, thank goodness they didn't. Even if he does really dumb stuff sometimes, he's still one of my favorite characters. I love Jack for saving him, but I'm bummed that he's wanting to leave. Doesn't he realize that if he, the almighty doctor, leaves, then everyone will die? Besides, I really like him, he's a good guy.

I can't believe we have to wait until February for more episodes, but I'm at least glad that we'll have sixteen straight weeks without interruption. That's exciting. And it looks like it's going to be super good.[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]Yeah, I was kind of dreading that scene, too. XD But it was totally unrealistic...I mean, how long had it been since Sawyer had had a shower? XD At any rate, I was SO happy with Jack's decision. I just wish we didn't have to wait until February to see it! :( I mean, they just had to end it at the most suspenseful scene in the episode. XD Still, I'm excited--It looks like Desmond is going to get a lot more attention in the second half/two-thirds, whatever.

I agree about Jack leaving the island, though. But I don't think he's gonna let Ben live...Something just tells me Ben's gonna kick the bucket in the next episode. XD And if Ben dies, I'm not really seeing an out for Jack just yet. Still, if Ben lives, I don't think he'd let Jack go. So...Yeah. XD[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Shinja » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:25 am

dang, so many spoilers inside of spoilers^^
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:33 am

Jack was so cool this week. Ben, why did you have to be so stupid as to string him along like that and then put your life in his hands?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:44 am

Juuust so you guys know...

You can watch short previews of Part 2 of season 3 here:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/lostmoments/index

Hover over the "Archive" link and click each date to watch. Looks like lots of the first part of this second installment will focus on Desmond and what happened in the hatch. :D Enjoy!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:48 pm

*revives thread*

Ok guys, 4 days until Season 3 starts up again. XD So I'm reviving the thread in hopes that it won't die like it did for the first 7 episodes of the season earlier on. XD; Anyways, any theories to state before it starts up again? Any need to fangirl over the commercials they've been showing? Discuss! XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:14 pm

OK. XD

So personally, I was very pleased with tonight's episode. It wrapped up all the loose ends from the Kate/Sawyer/Jack thing, and it also revealed a bit about Dharma and The Others. I wanna know how [SPOILER]Edward Burke got hit by that bus...that was pretty insane! XD Also, I think Alex's boyfriend is going to end up becoming the "in-between" person between The Others and the "Survivors", or whatever their group name is. XD[/SPOILER]

Anyways, I'm anxious for the rest of the season. I read an article that revealed some of the things that are going to be revealed this season, such as why Locke is in a wheel chair, who the father of Sun's baby is, Desmond's premonitions, etc. etc. etc. XD I'm totally stoked! :D

Radical Dreamer

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment