Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:17 pm

Knives wrote:No where legally, that I know of...pm me.......
:evil: of course, it is just a sampler, so It might be legal, might not...

Yes, they have been discussed, but thats fine... They do play insanely fast. :thumbsup: I have actually heard them called prog-metal, but I really can't agree with that, I think they sound very power-ish.

Yah, there are other girls here. Welcome.
In my opinion, Demon Hunter is nu-metal...but that is just me. Wikipedia defines them as "metalcore".

Has anybody heard the new Norma Jean?

Dragonforce is definitely not prog metal. They are in no way similar to such bands as Pain of Salvation, Canvas Solaris, Zero Hour, Andromeda, Frantic Bleep, etc. And Demon Hunter is definitley nu-metal, but some of the riffing and breakdowns on The Triptych is metal-core influenced.
Eric

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:21 pm

As for the question of the new Norma Jean...it's about twenty times better than O' God, but that's not saying much.

...but I'll be nice since some people around here really liked O' God.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:24 pm

I am actually going to see Norma Jean on November 20th along with Fear Before the March of Flames, Misery Signals, and Between the Buried and Me.
Eric

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:27 pm

Eric wrote:I am actually going to see Norma Jean on November 20th along with Fear Before the March of Flames, Misery Signals, and Between the Buried and Me.

I was going to go to that tour but I can't get a ride. It's like three hours away. Norma Jean, Fear Before, and BTBAM are all great. I'm not too keen on Misery Signals.

Take pictures and do a review for us, please please?
Kkun

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:34 pm

Sure. I recently bought a digital camera, so I'll have plenty of pictures.

Have you heard any songs from Misery Signals' new cd, Mirrors? They have a different vocalist now (who I think is a good deal better) and the music is a lot more straightforward than it was on Of Malice and the Magnum Heart (the songs on this mostly sounded like a disparate collection of riffs rather than having the music sound more coherent and flow better).
Eric

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:38 pm

Eric wrote:Sure. I recently bought a digital camera, so I'll have plenty of pictures.

Have you heard any songs from Misery Signals' new cd, Mirrors? They have a different vocalist now (who I think is a good deal better) and the music is a lot more straightforward than it was on Of Malice and the Magnum Heart (the songs on this mostly sounded like a disparate collection of riffs rather than having the music sound more coherent and flow better).

I haven't heard their new stuff yet. I might check it out, now that they have a new singer. He was my issue before now. I'm all about disparate collections of riffs, though, what with my digging the Blood Brothers and all. I'm pretty sure it was their lead singer that I didn't like.
Kkun

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 pm

http://www.myspace.com/miserysignals

The top two songs are new.

I did like Of Malice and the Magnum Heart, but I find Mirrors to be more enjoyable overall.
Eric

Postby Knives » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:40 pm

Metal concerts rule! I have only been to two though...:(
Is Behold the Arctopus clean? So far, from what I have heard of them, they dont even sing, but I think they do have some singing. Great band.
Knives

Postby yukinon » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:46 am

I went to a Haste the Day concert and people fell on my head five times. It was great.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:53 am

yukinon wrote:I went to a Haste the Day concert and people fell on my head five times. It was great.

Haste the day is great live. I am hoping that the silver bullet tour comes this way, so i can see them for my third time.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby That Dude » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:05 am

I don't think that I've been to many metal concerts...But I've been to my fairshare of hardcore and metalcore concerts. Such as The Human Abstract.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:30 am

That Dude wrote:I don't think that I've been to many metal concerts...But I've been to my fairshare of hardcore and metalcore concerts. Such as The Human Abstract.

Yea i would love to see them live Dude

GrubbTheFragger

Postby That Dude » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:52 am

They were pretty darn awesome...And nice to boot!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby RobinSena » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:58 am

GrubbTheFragger wrote:Haste the day is great live. I am hoping that the silver bullet tour comes this way, so i can see them for my third time.

Dang.. I was hoping to see them in concert, but circumstances made that impossible.. :(
RobinSena

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:31 pm

That Dude wrote:They were pretty darn awesome...And nice to boot!

Yea they are one of the best new bands so far this year. Their cd Noctune is sick. Thats cool that they were actually pretty nice guys

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Knives » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:41 pm

I went to see the Silver Bullet Tour. It was great!!! Their new singer is really quite good. I don't know if they did this at all the concerts, but at the one I was at (Emerson Theater, Sunday Night, IN) they openly stated that they were a christian band, which I thought was cool! :D
On a completely different topic, how do you guys respond to people who say that there a band cannot be christian and play such "evil sounding (metal) music"? I usually tell them that the beat or sound doesn't really matter, that it is the lyrics that matter. And I also tell them that no where in the Bible does it say that certain beats are bad...:D
End Randomness! XD
Knives

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:50 pm

Knives wrote:I went to see the Silver Bullet Tour. It was great!!! Their new singer is really quite good. I don't know if they did this at all the concerts, but at the one I was at (Emerson Theater, Sunday Night, IN) they openly stated that they were a christian band, which I thought was cool! :D
On a completely different topic, how do you guys respond to people who say that there a band cannot be christian and play such "evil sounding (metal) music"? I usually tell them that the beat or sound doesn't really matter, that it is the lyrics that matter. And I also tell them that no where in the Bible does it say that certain beats are bad...:D
End Randomness! XD

Yes haste the day does annouce to the crowd that they are indeed Christian. And I respond by saying basically the same thing XD

GrubbTheFragger

Postby indyrocker » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:00 pm

Recently I've been listoning alot to Sonata Artica (http://www.purevolume.com/sonataarcticafin) and man does the solos kick some tail hard! Any one have any recomendations of Bands i would want to check out that might sound simmaler?
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby Ichigo_89 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:11 pm

Knives wrote:I went to see the Silver Bullet Tour. It was great!!! Their new singer is really quite good. I don't know if they did this at all the concerts, but at the one I was at (Emerson Theater, Sunday Night, IN) they openly stated that they were a christian band, which I thought was cool! :D
End Randomness! XD

Yah, I went when Silver Bullet Tour stopped by my town. Haste The Day was great (of course), Destroy the Runner was a welcomed warm-up of awesomeness, but who really moshed my socks off...? That'd definately have to go to August Burns Red. My toe got stepped on and smashed twice (all bloody an gross) but somehow not broken. Anywho, it was incredible. :thumb:
Ichigo_89

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:27 pm

Ichigo_89 wrote:Yah, I went when Silver Bullet Tour stopped by my town. Haste The Day was great (of course), Destroy the Runner was a welcomed warm-up of awesomeness, but who really moshed my socks off...? That'd definately have to go to August Burns Red. My toe got stepped on a smashed twice (all bloody an gross) but somehow not broken. Anywho, it was incredible. :thumb:

August burns red is insanly brutal live. I got my wallut signed by them ^ ^

GrubbTheFragger

Postby yukinon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:14 am

Strangely enough, my 15 years of dance training helps my keep my balance in the mosh pit. Ironic, yes?
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:26 am

yukinon wrote:Strangely enough, my 15 years of dance training helps my keep my balance in the mosh pit. Ironic, yes?

Dancing is part of a hardcore concert experience, Hardcore dancing that is. Nothing like seeing several really big guys flailing around in the middle of the floor XD

GrubbTheFragger

Postby indyrocker » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:08 am

Try moshing with a kid on your back its quite fun.
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:17 pm

Hey guys, my friend started a rocker forum, and he's looking for new members...I hope im allowed to post this here. But come check it out :)

http://www.rockersrealm.com/index.php?
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:49 pm

Amon Amarth (viking death metal) has two songs from their new cd, With Oden On Our Side, on their Myspace page now.

http://www.myspace.com/amonamarth
Eric

Postby Inferno » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:27 pm

Awe man I went to the silver bullet tour on the last day! August Burns Red wasn't there because someone in the band was sick or something stupid like that. Anyway Destroy the runner really came out and surprised me. I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were. And what was funny was they played in haste the day shirts and Scay kid scaring kids boxers. It was hilarious! Their vocalist was just wearing the boxers. I talked to them afterward and their basist said,"Hope our outfits didn't offend you or anything." It was a great concert.

Oh Knives im not on your list for members of this thread, at least I didn't myself. You should add me man!
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Knives » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:02 pm

Inferno wrote:Awe man I went to the silver bullet tour on the last day! August Burns Red wasn't there because someone in the band was sick or something stupid like that. Anyway Destroy the runner really came out and surprised me. I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were. And what was funny was they played in haste the day shirts and Scay kid scaring kids boxers. It was hilarious! Their vocalist was just wearing the boxers. I talked to them afterward and their basist said,"Hope our outfits didn't offend you or anything." It was a great concert.

Oh Knives im not on your list for members of this thread, at least I didn't myself. You should add me man!

Yah, it stunk that they weren't there. I was rather excited to see them...Oh well.
I don't remeber if you ever officially joined...did you? I added you to the member list anyway, but if you havent done one of those informational thingies, you should do one...
I just bought the album "Undeceived" by Extol. I have only listened to it all the way through once, but I love it! I would compare it to Opeth. Btw, any of you guys ever read Opeth's lyrics? They have some pretty weird stuff in their lyrics...
Knives

Postby Ichigo_89 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:50 pm

Guess I should stop missing out and join the club.
---------------------------------------------------

Favorite Metal Band: "Becoming The Archetype"
Favorite Type of metal: Thrash/metalcore
Favorite metal album: "Undecieved"
Top 3 favorite metal songs:"Liarscenic", "The Epigone", "Distance Is Darkness"
fav music website: radiou.com
Ichigo_89

Postby Knives » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:20 am

Welcome dude!
Glad to see Undeceived is your favorite ablum! I just purchased that a couple days ago!
Knives

Postby fairyprincess90 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:09 am

anyone here know anything about a band called Saosin?

[color="Magenta"]www.bethmarie.org[/color]

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]My ♥ belongs to TimothyMichael[/SIZE][/color]
fairyprincess90

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session