Grace Abounding: How we should respond when we sin

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

Postby Sheenar » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:48 am

One of my friends wrote this as a note on Facebook. It was encouraging to me, so I thought I'd share it. Hope it encourages y'all too.

For about two and a half years after being saved, I struggled with works-based righteousness. That is, not in the sense that I did good works in order to gain favor with God. I knew fully well that was impossible. "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." (Galatians 2:21)

Instead, my works-based righteousness was like this: Whenever I would stumble and sin, I would lose my joy because I felt condemned. My standing before God, as I saw it, was ruined because of my iniquity. This led me to become very depressed, which led me to sin even more. This created a vicious cycle that would seriously harm my walk in Christ. But by God’s grace, acting through the discipleship and Biblical counseling of two very godly men, I learned how I should respond when I sin.

John Bunyan also learned this lesson after much toil and anguish. In his testimony, “Grace Aboundingâ€
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Kunoichi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:12 am

I liked it so much I printed it!
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby PokettoKunoichi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:50 pm

This has helped me a lot, thank you. ^^
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

:) Remember, if Jesus is in your life, that all of Heaven is waiting for you. :)
PokettoKunoichi

Postby Prince Asbel » Tue May 20, 2008 1:59 pm

It's a good article. I already pretty much agreed with this whole thing already. But kudos to your facebook friend for writing this, and to you for posting it. :thumb:
Prince Asbel

Return to Devotional Readings