Beth Moore

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

Beth Moore

Postby kat-su-chan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:50 pm

I was just wondering if anyone was familiar with Beth Moore and her bible studies. I've been doing these for quite a while now and absolutely love them; they are perfect to do online since they are online! Anyways, I recommend you check them out, especially for girls because it's really beneficial sometimes to hear a woman speak (especially if you come from a background where women pastors are not allowed -- and I'm not stating any opinion on this, it's just my own personal background and being a girl, sometimes it's nice to hear a woman speak. also, please note she is not preaching a sermon or anything which would be contravoursial to women preachers, she's just leading a bible study which she is allowed to do no matter what you believe)

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Living_Proof_with_Beth_Moore/
kat-su-chan

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:45 am

Agreed, I helped facilitate Beth Moore's Patriarchs study. Our church will be starting her Breaking Free series in January.

Definitely worth watching.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby kat-su-chan » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:22 am

oooh, cool! My sisters and I have done her studies for years. We're doing Romans right now ^^
kat-su-chan

Postby Sheenar » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:23 am

My favorite is Living Beyond Yourself --the study of the fruit of the Spirit.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby kat-su-chan » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:33 am

Haven't done that one, her nehemiah study was good though.
kat-su-chan

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:23 am

We actually had a study for Living Beyond Yourself a few years back for the girls. Yours truly was among them. It was very enlightening.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Return to Devotional Readings