April 27, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

April 27, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:06 am

Our Source Of Power

"No one is like you, O Lord; you are great, and your name is mighty in power."
Jeremiah 10:6

Rhonda Rhea writes:

I wore my bright red suit to church this past Sunday. Someone mentioned that I was wearing my "power suit." That made me smile. It made me want to do something…well…powerful. If the suit had a cape I might've tried to fly.

I was pondering something powerful to do during the song service and, wouldn't you know it, the electricity went out. No sound system. No electric guitar or piano. We had drums and that was about it. There we were without power while I was sitting on the front row in my power suit. Seems like I should've been able to plug this thing in somewhere, doesn't it? All that red suit power--and it was useless for the song service.

You know what's really funny? We didn't need my red suit power. We didn't even need the electrical power. God's power showed up despite the lack of electricity. He didn't need the piano or the sound system. Without any of those things, we had a wonderfully powerful time of worship.

Where does real power come from? It comes from the Lord. Let me say it in the most powerful way: He don't need no power suit. There is great and wondrous power in his name. Power in the suit? No, power in his name!

Prayer: As you worship this Sunday, ask God to help you experience His life changing power.

"God desires not that He may say to them, 'Look how mighty I am, and go down upon your knees and worship,' for power alone was never yet worthy of prayer; but that He may say thus: 'Look, my children, you will never be strong but with my strength. I have no other to give you. And that you can get only by trusting in me. I cannot give it you any other way. There is no other way.'"
~George Macdonald
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings