February 8, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

February 8, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:36 pm

He Cares

"Jesus wept."
John 11:35

During WWII, Winston Churchill was in conference with officials in Downing Street when an air raid occurred. They heard a bomb drop and explode nearby. It had clearly fallen in one of the poorer sections of London. At once, Churchill ordered his car to take him to the scene. When they arrived, the sight was heartbreaking…desolation everywhere…homes destroyed, people injured and killed. The people crowded around Churchill’s car and began to cheer. Overcome by this reception, Churchill openly wept. After a bit, a voice from the crowd was heard: “See! He’s crying. He really cares about us.â€
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby RedMage » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:56 am

I'm frankly surprised the number is that high for guys. Though I've used up years' of "male tear allotments" in the past couple months. :sweat:

Rev, this is of special interest to me because when a friend of mine was going through a really hard time some weeks ago and felt God wasn't speaking to her, He laid this verse on her heart - it was one thing to say that God loved her, and was watching over her and guiding her, but to realize that he wept for her then and could even have been weeping for her at that moment made a big difference to her.

Incidentally, I read about the incident with Churchill you describe in The Few by Alex Kershaw back around New Year's.
"Intercession is the homework of the Kingdom."
RedMage

Return to Devotional Readings