June 13, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

June 13, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:05 am

Viewed As A Burden Or A Blessing

"Praise be to the Lord. to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."
Psalm 68:19

One morning R.C. Chapman, a devout Christian, was asked how he was feeling. "I'm burdened this morning!" was his reply. But his happy countenance contradicted his words. So the questioner exclaimed in surprise, "Are you really burdened, Mr. Chapman?" "Yes, but it's a wonderful burden--it's an overabundance of blessings for which I cannot find enough time or words to express my gratitude!" Seeing the puzzled look on the face of his friend, Chapman added with a smile, "I am referring to Psalm 68:19

It is indeed a great blessing to know that we do not have to bear the burdens of this life. God has promised that He will carry that load for us, if we will only allow Him. While our knowledge of the burden remains, the blessing of God's providence will lighten our hearts.

Prayer: Ask God to take your burdens, and then leave them in His hands.

"He comes to us in the brokenness of our health, in the shipwreck of our family lives, in the loss of all possible peace of mind, even in the very thick of our sins. He saves us in our disasters, not from them. He emphatically does not promise to meet only the odd winner of the self-improvement lottery. He meets us all in our endless and inescapable losing."
~Robert Farrar Capon
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings