February 8, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

February 8, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:30 am

To Be Honest

"Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright."
Proverbs 29:10

When Fred Phillips, retired public-safety director and police chief of Johnson City, Tenn., was a regular police office, he and his partner pulled over an unlicensed motorist. They asked the man to follow them to the police station, but while en route they spotted a North Carolina vehicle whose license plate and driver matched the description in an all-points bulletin.

The officers took off in a high-speed chase, and finally stopped the wanted man's car.

Minutes later, as the felon was being arrested, the unlicensed motorist drove up. "If y'all will just tell me how to get to the station, I'll wait for you there," he said. "I'm having a heck of a time keeping up with you."

Prayer: Ask God to help you live a life of honesty, to it's fullest extent.

"I choose goodness... I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked before I will boast. I will confess before I will accuse. I choose goodness."
~Max Lucado
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:20 am

That was definitely something that I needed to hear. Especially while studying criminal law, I see a lot of fluff and trumped-up charges, and that story was a simple reminder to just keep it honest. Thanks ^_^
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Return to Devotional Readings