November 8, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

November 8, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:41 pm

What The World Really Needs

"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'"
Matthew 28:18-20

One of the most dramatic symbols of the new political freedoms in the worlds was the tearing down of the Berlin Wall. In 1990, church leaders invited Billy Graham to conduct a rally at the Brandenburg Gate. They said that rock stars, entertainers, and political groups had rallied at the Wall, but little or no attempt had been made to present the gospel of Jesus Christ. Here’s how Graham described the event:
The rally was ’symbolic’ and meant to underscore the needs of spiritual development in the new spirit of freedom. One East German woman said that when they first came over to West Germany, they thought they would hear church bells ringing and be handed a Bible. Instead they were greeted with about $50 to spend in the luxury stores in the West. She said, "What we really needed to hear was the voice of God."

Prayer: Ask God to help you get the right message out to the world around you.

"We should not ask, 'What is wrong with the world?' for that diagnosis has already been given. Rather, we should ask, 'What has happened to the salt and light?'"
~John R. W. Stott
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings