October 25, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

October 25, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:57 pm

The Product Of Encouragement

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
I Thessalonians 5:11

There was a banker who always tossed a coin in the cup of a legless beggar who sat on the street outside the bank. But, unlike most people, the banker would always insist on getting one of the pencils the man had beside him. "You are a merchant," the banker would say, "and I always expect to receive good value from merchants I do business with." One day the legless man was not on the sidewalk. Time passed and the banker forgot about him, until he walked into a public building and there in the concessions stand sat the former beggar. He was obviously the owner of his own small business now. "I have always hoped you might come by someday," the man said. "You are largely responsible for me being here. You kept telling me that I was a ’merchant’. I started thinking of myself that way, instead of a beggar receiving gifts. I started selling pencils -- lots of them. You gave me self-respect, caused me to look at myself differently."

Prayer: Ask God to help you be an agent of encouragement to those around you.

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you."
~William Arthur Ward
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Hephzibah » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:22 pm

That's a really good devotional Doc :thumb: You're doing such a great job with all of these :grin:
Hephzibah

Postby Warrior4Christ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:49 am

How very encouraging of you, Talame ;).
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:21 pm

In the minute it took to read this, it really touched me. Keep up the good work, Doc. :thumb:
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Hephzibah » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:54 pm

[quote="Warrior4Christ"]How very encouraging of you, Talame ]
;) What can I say... the devotional touched me deeply :grin: Besides, I've noticed hardly anyone replies to the devos, but Doc still keeps on posting them. For that I say awesome good job! Btw, even thoguh I may not reply to every one, I do read them :thumb:
Hephzibah

Postby CookinLikeSanji » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:35 pm

First time reading one and now it's certainly not the last.

Great work. Great devo.
Cosplays Planned for Anime Vegas and PMX

Inuyasha (Inuyasha) - 0%
Kakashi (Naruto) - 0%
Komui (D.Gray-Man) - 0% (Not for AV/PMX - Starting Early for Anime Los Angeles)
CookinLikeSanji

October 26, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:51 pm

I really don't expect these devotions to be replied to. However, it's interesting that those that are receive much more readership.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings