April 12, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

April 12, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:49 am

What Have I To Fear?

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."
Psalm 34:4

Our fears, many times, rest in assumptions we make.

Two gas company servicemen, a senior training supervisor and a young trainee were out checking meters in a suburban neighborhood. They parked their truck at the end of the alley and worked their way to the other end. At the last house a woman looking out her kitchen window watched the two men as they checked her gas meter.

Finishing the meter check, the senior supervisor challenged his younger coworker to a footrace down the alley back to the truck to prove that an older guy could outrun a younger one.

As they came running up to the truck, they realized the lady from that last house was huffing and puffing right behind them. They stopped immediately and asked her what was wrong.

Gasping for breath, she replied, "When I see two gas men running as hard as you two were, I figured I'd better run too!"

Prayer: Ask God to calm your heart and feel His constant presence in times of fear.

"Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is."
~German proverb
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings