January 20, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

January 20, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:01 pm

Stay Informed

"Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God - I say this to your shame."
I Corinthians 15:34

We need to know as much of the Word of God so that we are not ignorant when the world seeks to render it's interpretation.

In early 1997, Nathan Zohner of Idaho Falls, Idaho, surveyed some 50 people about "dihydrogen monoxide." His survey read: "The chemical compound dihydrogen monoxide has been implicated in the deaths of thousands of Americans every year, mainly through accidental ingestion. In gaseous form, it can cause severe burns. And, according to a new report, "the dangers of this chemical do not end there." The chemical is so caustic that it "accelerates the corrosion and rusting of many metals, ... is a major component of acid rain, [and] ... has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients." Symptoms of ingestion include "excessive sweating and urination," and "for those who have developed a dependency on it, complete withdrawal means certain death." Yet the presence of the chemical has been confirmed in every river, stream, lake and reservoir in America. Judging from these facts, do you think dihydrogen monoxide should be banned?" Some 86% agreed it should be banned. Follow-up surveys at the University of Notre Dame, in Glasgow, Scotland and in Stockton, California yielded similar results. Interestingly, "dihydrogen monoxide" is more commonly called water (H2O)! Fourteen-year-old Nathan won the Idaho Science Fair by proving his project's thesis: "How Gullible Are We?"

Prayer: Ask the Spirit to give you insight as you seek to study and apply the Scriptures.

"If the King's English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me!"
~Ma Ferguson, Governor of Texas, 1920
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings