January 17, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

January 17, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:22 pm

God Will Make A Way

"As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy."
James 5:11

A North Carolina church wanted to purchase some property. The church regularly suffered from high tide flooding. But when the church was built over a hundred years ago, they couldn't afford better property.

They finally decided to relocate to higher ground. An ideal piece of property was empty - actually the highest ground in town. It belonged to a man named Sam. Officials from the church went to see Sam about selling the property. He politely told them it wasn't for sale; that he had other plans for the land.

The church looked elsewhere, but nothing satisfactory could be found. So they went back to Sam and made another offer. Again they were refused.

Then an unusual thing happened. One of the worst coastal floods in memory struck the town. As water rose, the church began to float. It left its coastal lot and started inward. It floated down the main street, turned a corner and eventually landed right on Sam's empty property.

Sam gave in. He allowed the building to stay and, if you ask the members of North Carolina's Swanquarter United Methodist Church how they came to acquire their land, they may relate what Sam said about the transaction: "I guess if the good Lord couldn't move me to give the land to the church, he would move the church to the land."

Prayer: Ask God to give you patience to allow Him to work His will.

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
~John Quincy Adams
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:00 am

Wow. That's so awesome.
Thanks for sharing an awesome teaching, Rev. :) . You always have such cool illustrations that make a good point and strike home the message.
CreatureArt

Postby Jeikobu » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:28 pm

Very inspiring. ^^
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Return to Devotional Readings