November 24, 2004

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

November 24, 2004

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:28 pm

God's Great Wonders

"For everything God created is good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,"
I Timothy 4:4

The things we should really be thankful for are not the wonders of man, the wonders of God.

A group of Geography students who studied the Seven Wonders of the World. At the end of that section, they students were asked to list what they each considered to be the Seven Wonders of the World. Though there was some disagreement, the following got the most votes: Egypt's Great Pyramid, the Taj Mahal, the Grand Canyon, the Panama Canal, the Empire State Building, St. Peter's Basilica and China's Great Wall.
While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one student, a quiet girl, hadn't turned in her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The quiet girl replied,

"Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many."

The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help."

The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the Seven Wonders of the World are to touch and to taste, to see and to hear . . . " She hesitated a little, "and then to run and to laugh and to love."

Prayer: In this season of thanksgiving, thank God for those things we so easily take for granted.

"Got no check books, got no banks. Still I'd like to express my thanks - I got the sun in the mornin' and the moon at night."
~Irving Berlin
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:38 pm

thats so awesome, yes, be humble, and always give thanks for the stuff we take for granted

THANK YOU GOD! Thanks for the air i breathe, the food i eat, but most importantly. My salvation you gave me
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby battletech » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:55 pm

I thank God for the people who touched my life.
Who taught me how to live a godly life.
My grandpa who read the bible every day.
My grandma who always thought of others.
My aunt Peggy who was always thankful to God.
My father who taught me to always do every job as if I was doing it for God.
My mother who always trusts God for everything.
battletech

Return to Devotional Readings