November 16, 2004

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

November 16, 2004

Postby Ashley » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:03 pm

As some of you may know, our dear Reverend is out on vacation for the next two days, so he asked me to post in his stead.

November 16

Judging Appearances

“But the Lord said to Samuel, ‘Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I
have rejected him. the Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at
the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.’â€
Ashley

Postby agasfas » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:20 pm

Good message indeed. I shall pray.

A bit random:
Jesus also mentions in Matthew 7:16: "By their fruits you will recongnize them."

Some see this as judging and it really isn't. There is bad judging like on Appearances like Ashley has talked about and there judging the personality/person by how they act; after you get to know them. The Lord wants us to open up and learn about the person before we pass judgement. Only then is it okay to do so. I'll admit, in the past I've judged people w/o getting to know them. But when I've taken the time out to know them, they turned out to be the coolest people I know. Appearances don't tell us about the individual but rather their lifestyle and how they act. By thier fruits you will know them...
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Ashley » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:28 pm

Whoops, I should have clarified a little better...I didn't write these, Rev. Doc did. He just emailed me them early. ^^;
Ashley

Return to Devotional Readings