January 19, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

January 19, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:06 pm

The Master's Happiness

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness.'"
Matthew 25:21

When the famed Bible teacher Harry Ironside was a boy he worked for a Christian cobbler named Dan Mackay. Harry's task was to take a piece of cowhide that was soaked in water and to pound it with a hammer until it was hard and dry. Then he found out that other cobblers took a short cut and would attach the leather to the shoes before they were dry. "They come back all the quicker this way, my boy!" one cobbler said. Harry brought up the idea of Mr. Mackay. Mr. Mackay replied: "Whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Harry, I do not cobble shoes just for the four bits and six bits (50c or 75c) that I get from my customers. I am doing this for the glory of God. I expect to see every shoe I have ever repaired in a big pile at the judgment seat of Christ, and I do not want the Lord to say to me in that day, 'Dan, this was a poor job. You did not do your best here.' I want Him to be able to say, 'Well done, good and faithful servant.'"

In all you do, throughout the day, do you see yourself as God's servant and as such, glorify Him in everything?

Prayer: Ask the Lord to help you serve in such a way that brings Him joy.

"A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life which he is able to assist, and shrinks from injuring anything that lives."
~Albert Schweitzer
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Jeikobu » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:36 pm

That's a great, very important message that we all should live by. Thanks. :)
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Felix » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:39 pm

Yeah. It really shows that you can't just take shortcuts to get through life. Do everything as you mean it. Thanks!
Felix

Return to Devotional Readings