most annoying anime characters

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

most annoying anime characters

Postby rocklobster » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:36 pm

It seems we can rarely enjoy an anime without being annoyed by at least one character. So which characters do you find the most annoying?
Here are my contributions:
1. Sailor Chibi-Usa--She's got the most useless attack in the show and the most annoying voice. Problem is, she's too crucial to the plot to get rid of.
2. Kon--that stuffed doll from Bleach. I just want to send him through a trash compactor. I'm not kidding.
3. Myoga--the flea from Inuyasha. Except for the moments when he provides exposition, just what is he for? Shippo has his moments too, but at least he tries to be helpful!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Pinoko from Black Jack. Her voice made me want to spork my eardrums, and she was annoying and far too prominent in the story. She appears a lot less in the manga, for which I'm forever grateful.
Atria35

Postby sandalwood » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Right off the top of my head, Kyoko from Full Metal Panic! I want to high five her in the face with my foot every time I see her (and especially every time I HEAR her....).

Not to mention these little wastes of space. I know they're cute (and, unfortunately, helpful) but I just can't stand them. I think part of it might be because my friend always laughs when they show up and I want to scream "WHYYYYY? THEY ARE NOT FUNNY! THEY ARE ANNOYING AS PEWP!" :bang: lol

I'm sure I'll think of more later. I have a very low tolerance for annoying anime characters XD. It's a curse of mine.
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby bakura91 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Every character in Evangelion. No but seriously Shinji.
bakura91

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:15 pm

1.) Sae from Peach girl (I wanted to smash her head against the wall she drove me insane)
2.) Kon from Bleach
3.) Suzaka from Suzuka (I wanted to kill her she made me so mad)
4.) Sasuke and Sakura from Naruto
5.) Rengae from Ouran High School Host Club
6.) The Goth-Loli sisters from The Wallflower.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:22 pm

It seems I don't have to many characters I don't like, but I'm not very fond of Sasuke from Naruto or Izaya from Durarara.
TopazRaven

Postby Neane » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Every Single character in Mars of Destruction.
Neane

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Seiko from Lovely Complex, definitely. Most screechy voice imaginable - I sincerely hope that was on purpose - and...well, Seiko is just awkward at every appearance and, if you ask me, completely unnecessary. Seiko is why I rated Lovely Complex 9/10 on MAL; otherwise, it would have gotten a full 10.

The other biggie that's coming to mind is Papillon from Busou Renkin *shudder* I will never be able to erase that aggravating creeper from my memory. For those who are wondering what I'm talking about...let's just say he's the sort of character who would dance around the city wearing nothing but a pink thong and a butterfly mask >_<
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Seto_Sora » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:45 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1516469) wrote:5.) Rengae from Ouran High School Host Club

Why!? :sob: She was so amazing!

But let me see... I hated Lelouch from Code Geasse. Oh man I hated him so bad.
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Vii » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:52 pm

I...can't really think of any that tick me off...

I guess any one of those annoying villains of the week in Naruto fillers. They're usually dressed in silly, brightly colored clothes and they have the stupidest jutsu (I think I remember there being a flower ninja...and a bubble ninja...). I always wondered who came up with these characters and why they let them be so utterly weird.
Vii

Postby Neane » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:13 am

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1516521) wrote:The other biggie that's coming to mind is Papillon from Busou Renkin *shudder* I will never be able to erase that aggravating creeper from my memory. For those who are wondering what I'm talking about...let's just say he's the sort of character who would dance around the city wearing nothing but a pink thong and a butterfly mask >_<

I am so tempted to put a picture of that here. :D
Real Villians wear Butterfly masks and wear a tight black suit with a corset-like front and puffy, diamond shaped shoulder sleeves.
Neane

Postby Atria35 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:12 am

Vii (post: 1516530) wrote:I...can't really think of any that tick me off...

I guess any one of those annoying villains of the week in Naruto fillers. They're usually dressed in silly, brightly colored clothes and they have the stupidest jutsu (I think I remember there being a flower ninja...and a bubble ninja...). I always wondered who came up with these characters and why they let them be so utterly weird.

I would just assume they were taking some cues from the oddballs in One Piece. But at least the world in One Piece is set up so that wouldn't be out of place, and they'd be rather formidable anyway.
Atria35

Postby Wallachia » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:40 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1516521) wrote:The other biggie that's coming to mind is Papillon from Busou Renkin *shudder* I will never be able to erase that aggravating creeper from my memory. For those who are wondering what I'm talking about...let's just say he's the sort of character who would dance around the city wearing nothing but a pink thong and a butterfly mask >_<

Wallachia

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:43 am

TopazRaven (post: 1516471) wrote:It seems I don't have to many characters I don't like, but I'm not very fond of Sasuke from Naruto or Izaya from Durarara.

Eurgh, I hated both of those. XD Sakura, too.

I can't think of anybody else...
aliveinHim (post: 1516469) wrote:5.) Rengae from Ouran High School Host Club

Whaaaaaat? D:
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Sheenar » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Definitely Hercule from DBZ --I'm watching the Cell Saga right now and he is getting on my nerves. :/
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Juliannesan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Almost all the girl characters in Lamune.
Miya & Johnny from Yumerio Patissiere & Yumeiro Patissiere Professional.
Every character from Boys over Flowers. But especially the two main male characters.
The cat teacher in Princess Tutu
More to come..
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Juliannesan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Wallachia (post: 1516576) wrote:Image

OH yeeeah. that guy was a creep!
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Neane » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:51 pm

That rat-looking thing from Utena.
Neane

Postby Atria35 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Neane (post: 1522492) wrote:That rat-looking thing from Utena.

The thing that's supposed to be a monkey? I'm indifferent- compared to some other anime characters, that thing's almost loveable (if completely ugly).

Just remembered how much I hated Kemeko/M.M. from Kemeko DX. What a terrible character.
Atria35

Postby Gigavine » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Those mice from Voltron must have a condition that prevent them from shutting their mouths. They just will not quit their squeaking, which nearly kills the whole anime.

I hope no one mentions Dragon Ball Z's Gregory, who is NOT a filler character to me by any means, no matter what the wiki sites might say.
Gigavine

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 am

1. Shinji
2. Shinji
3. Shinji
4. Shinji
5. Shinji
6. Shinji
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby eightluvver888 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:40 am

Oh yes, Rengae from Ouran HSHC
Amber from Darker than Black
Daisuke from DN Angel. Something about him...
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 pm

eightluvver888 (post: 1524337) wrote:Daisuke from DN Angel. Something about him...

[color="RoyalBlue"][font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][font="Trebuchet MS"]My own annoyance with Daisuke comes from the English Dub. I just can't stand the voice they gave him for the dub. The original is okay, but the dub is awful. The actor sounded too proper and he over pronounced a lot. Just listen to him say a word that ends in the letter "T", and you'll hear what I mean. The character itself was already kind of straddling the annoying line, but the voice pushed him into that realm for me.

I'm also annoyed beyond belief at most of the characters in "Gurren Lagann", ESPECIALLY Kamina. Talk about waste of space. I know I'm gonna get slammed for this, or someone's gonna post some obscure internet picture trying to be witty, but oh well. I hate Kamina, and I'm gonna leave it at that. [/font][/SIZE][/font][/color]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Neane » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:51 pm

I have to agree with KhakiBlueSocks about Gurren Lagann and especially about Kamina. I hate him too.
Neane

Postby Mei-Mei » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:38 pm

The only one I can think of right off the top of my head would be Rengae from Ouran Highschool Host Club. Her annoying voice almost made me go crazy.
Mei-Mei

Postby Maokun » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Kyoko from Dennou Coil. I'm now thinking of hiring some hitmen with detailed instructions to beat me to a bloody pulp if I ever raise a brat half as annoying as her.

Also, not even touching that Kamina bait.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby eightluvver888 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:10 pm

GetBackers: Ayame, that guy with the spikes all over him. He's a little sick in the head, and his dub voice annoys me.
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby airichan623 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Nadia (post: 1532917) wrote:Off the top of my head...
Code Geass: Nina

THIS. She is a lot more interesting in R2, but I absolutely HATED her in the first season. Totally useless, and every time she spoke i was like 'SHUT UP YOU CREEPER!"

Also, keep in mind, this thread is about annoying characters, not characters we hate. There is a difference. For instance, I'm not sure how nadia could consider Charles vi Brittainia annoying. He is the villain. He's not creepy, just evil.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby sandalwood » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Happosai from Ranma 1/2. Cologne can be a little annoying too - mostly just how she looks, though. Otherwise she's a cool character, but Happosai is just intolerable.
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Min May from Robotech. I can't STAND her!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews