saddest moments in anime--spoilers allowed!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

saddest moments in anime--spoilers allowed!

Postby rocklobster » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:11 pm

One thing I love about anime is that they don't sugarcoat anything, like American animators tend to do (yes, there's dark stuff like what Don Bluth started with, but everyone tries to copy the Disney formula too much). This often leads to some very sad moments. It's time we commemorated them. So what are the moments that made your eyes turn into Niagara falls?
Here are some of mine:
Now and Then, Here and There: [spoiler] Lala-ru disappears[/spoiler]
Beast King Golion: [spoiler] It's one of the moments the editors of Voltron didn't want you to know about: Takashi died! :waah!:[/spoiler]
Cowboy Bebop: [spoiler] One word: bang.[/spoiler]
Grave of the Fireflies: All of it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Wolf's Rain.

[spoiler]Everyone dies.[/spoiler]
TopazRaven

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Oh this time of year again huh? Episode 19 of rahxephon,episode 7 of fma end of cowboy bebop
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Atria35 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
[spoiler]when her brother dies[/spoiler]
Atria35

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Kinda an obvious one: Clannad & Clannad After Story

[spoiler] Fuko's arc, (really all the arcs in Clannad) and in After Story when Nagisa and Ushio die. Yeah. It's depressing. :( [/spoiler]
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Neane » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:36 pm

The Episode 4 of the Kikaider 01 OVA.
(The Only One that still makes me cry.)
Neane

Postby Vii » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:32 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 series)
[spoiler]-Nina, just...Nina.
-Maes Hughes death (Oh goodness, and Roy crying as well? T_T)
-The last few episodes (ED DIED? No wait...Al sacrificed himself and now they're trapped in separate worlds?! O.O)[/spoiler]

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
[spoiler] - Nina again.
- Maes Hughes too, the whole freaking funeral, and Roy...
- Did Roy just kill Maria Ross? ...Roy can't be that heartless...
- The Ishvallan War of Extermination.
- Riza's throat is slit, and Roy is yelling for her thinking she's going to die.
- NOOOO! Roy can't lose his eyesight! He...just can't...he has to...run Amestris...wahhhhhhhhh! T_T[/spoiler]

Clannad and Clannad After Story
[spoiler] - Nobody can see Fuko anymore? =(
- Yukine Miyazawa running in between the huge gang fight.
- Nagisa...died? WHAT?!
- Ushio...died? WHAT?![/spoiler]

Gurren Lagann
[spoiler] - KAMINA! NO! You. Can't. Kill. Kamina. T_T [/spoiler]

There's some from other anime as well, but those are the main ones...
Vii

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:37 am

I get the idea.
[spoiler] Someone dies. [/spoiler]
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Neane » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:15 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1515938) wrote:I get the idea.
[spoiler] Someone dies. [/spoiler]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x219V1LN92w
Neane

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Full Metal Alchemist (I didn't cry at all in Brotherhood because I already knew what was coming):

[spoiler]When Nina died, when Hughes died (and the funeral), and then pretty much the entire last episode or two DX[/spoiler]

Wolf's Rain:

[spoiler]Yeah, pretty much the entire end with everyone dying. But I especially cried when Toboe died and Tsume said, "I wanted to take you to Paradise. You brought me all the way here." T_T[/spoiler]

Haibane Renmei:

[spoiler]I actually didn't cry the first time I watched it, but now the last episode makes me cry every time ;_;[/spoiler]

Grave of the Fireflies:

[spoiler]I actually didn't think I was going to cry - not even during the montage of when the girl was alive - but then when he put her body in the basket and the music swelled...I totally lost it :waah!: [/spoiler]

Kodomo no Omocha (Child's Toy):

[spoiler]I think it was episode 19, when Sana meets her birth mother and is torn between which mother she should live with. But in the end, she decides on Kurata-san. I was sniffling through the whole thing until Sana hugged Kurata-san and said, "I love you, Mom!" And then I all-out bawled.[/spoiler]
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:15 pm

I've definately noticed the trend here.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby sandalwood » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 pm

How do you hide spoilers?

(my moment is from FMA and I'm sure you all know what it is anyway - but I think I should ask here considering there are so many of those lovely grey boxes)
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Spoiler tags are explained at the top of the anime forums, where the stickied threads are.

It's been said before, but [spoiler]Toboe's death[/spoiler] from Wolf's Rain is pretty gut-wrenching.

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz--During Heero's flashback when he remembers a mission that went wrong [spoiler]resulting in the death of an innocent little girl and her dog, made more tragic by the fact that he had encountered them prior to the mission.[/spoiler]
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby samurai10 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Clannad [spoiler]Ushio and Nagisa's death. That was so sad. T_T So was the fact that everybody forgot who Fuko was....[/spoiler]

And that's the only one I remember. XD
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:56 am

Princess Tutu--When Duck, [spoiler]after removing her pendant and permanently returning to her duck form is pleading with Mytho not to shatter his heart again. Really sad 'cause as a duck, she can't communicate with people. And then the abuse she takes afterward.[/spoiler]
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Juliannesan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:17 am

TopazRaven (post: 1515629) wrote:Wolf's Rain.

[spoiler]Everyone dies.[/spoiler]

Oh my goodness, yes. That's why I ended up hating the series. I like the manga better.

Samurai X: Betrayal [spoiler]Pretty much the whole thing, but especially when Kenshin kills Tomoe[/spoiler]

Grave of Fireflies, as everyone else has already said.

Now and Then, Here and There. Almost the whole show.

Kino's Journey: [spoiler]Almost the whole thing, but especially the part when the man Kino dies to save the girl whose name becomes Kino because of him, I cried at that part.[/spoiler]

Scrapped Princess: [spoiler] the part when the twin brother kills his sister, that part made me cry. [/spoiler]

Rurouni Kenshin: [spoiler]Lots of parts, but I think of when the Oniwaban [sp?] group dies to save Aoshi, their leader. The part when Sayo dies in Sanosuke's arms in the 3rd arc of the 3rd season. Also the scenes when it shows Kenshin as a boy and the three girls dying to save his life. [/spoiler]

Air. (Pretty much the whole show, but especially the ending.)

Fushigi Yuugi: [spoiler] Lots of parts, but especially when Nuriko dies, that was like the first time I cried during an anime.[/spoiler]

And the list could go on and on for me.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews