Bakugan

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Bakugan

Postby Watermaster2 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Just wanting to know what you all think of Bakugan? I'm thinking of watching it and I would like to know if it's any good. Feel free to list pros and cons. ^^
Watermaster2

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Saw one episode, hated it. Voice acting was awful and it seemed like a cheap cash in. A lot of this comes from working at a toys r us during the heyday of the toys.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Atria35 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:57 am

Saw a little of it. It's... your average kid's show made to sell toys, like Pokemon and YuGiOh. Nothing stand-out about it.

Edit: I can see you like Pokemon, so let me rephrase that: Bakugan is made to sell toys. You will not find any plot depth or character development, or even deep characters. You'd do better with something else. I suggest going to the Anime Recommendations thread we have: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=40642&page=59
Atria35

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:01 am

Atria35 (post: 1513786) wrote:Saw a little of it. It's... your average kid's show made to sell toys, like Pokemon and YuGiOh. Nothing stand-out about it.

What she said, except I saw more than a little of it.:fmed:
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:32 am

MomentOfInertia (post: 1513807) wrote:What she said, except I saw more than a little of it.:fmed:

Yeah, same. :I And when they do sequel series (I think they're up to three now? my siblings watched after I stopped) main characters from past series are absent for no apparent reason.

I watched it out of boredom and convenience. (It was on CN's Saturday morning action-y block, which I used to watch anyway.)
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews