If Harry Potter Was an Anime...

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

If Harry Potter Was an Anime...

Postby Vii » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm

I found this picture through StumbleUpon and thought it was cool: [WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS]
"If Harry Potter Was an Anime"

Random Thoughts on the picture [Some spoilers ahead]:
- I love how Ron looks. =3
- Fred and George remind me of another set of anime twins...
- Snape looks kind of like a girl. Weird.
- It took me about five times looking at them to see that that's NOT Harry and Ginny, it's Lily and James.*facepalm*
- Dobby looks a bit like a baby. Oh well.
- I like Percy and his glasses.
- It also took me a while to realize that that's Neville with the sword and Luna with the sleepy look.
- Basically it took me a while to realize who everyone was.
- I should stop rambling now.

I wasn't sure if this thread should go in anime, art, entertainment, goof off, or general...someone can move it if it's in the wrong place.

Anyhow...enjoy!
Vii

Postby Atria35 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:35 pm

That picture is amazing. Want. Want so bad. I had to thin for a moment on the long-haired red-head. BTW, where's Lupin and Tonks? SO deserve a mention here!
Atria35

Postby Juliannesan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Wow, not really a Potter fan, but it's wicked cool! :P
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Jinxing the thread by saying...

VOLDEMORT!!
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Winry » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:37 am

That is an awesome pic! =D
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby EndearingHotaru » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:06 am

AH. I LOVE IT. I'm such a major Harry Potter geek and I wish they would make an anime of it. Wow, this picture is amazing. I love it. Oh, and there is Tonks and Lupin. :) It took me a minute to decipher between all the Weasley's and who Sirius was, but I got it eventually. ;P Anyways, I love this! So so so so so so much. (dies)
ImageImageImage ImageImage
EndearingHotaru

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:06 am

On the one hand, it makes me glad Harry Potter isn't an anime, because everyone looks way too pretty, even Snape and Winky (or is that Dobby? I just realized the house elf at the top is probably Kreacher). XD On the other hand though, this version of Tonks is SO much closer to what I had in mind while reading the books, barring the anime style. XD It's really well drawn, though!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sheenar » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:15 am

Wow, this was really well drawn! I think Harry Potter would make an interesting anime, though all elements may not translate well.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Winry » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Ok maybe someone can help me out here. There are two people I can't figure out for sure who they are. The one next to Lupin I assumed is Sirius but then who is the guy standing back to back with Kreachher? Sirius's brother? That's my guess. Any know?
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:18 pm

:wow!: That is amazing!!!

EDIT: Oh, and Winry, yes, that is apparently Regulus Black. :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby goldenspines » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Ah yes, i saw this a while back around the time of the release of the final HP movie!

The Malfoys fit the art style well, but that's just me. I was rather impressed at how well Professor Mcgonagall, Tonks, Luna Lovegood, and Olivander looked.

Also, lol, Sirius looks like he has vampire teeth. XD;
goldenspines

Postby Lynna » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:03 pm

O.O The twins are hot.
Yes, everyone looked too pretty, but it's so...pretty XD
Also, I honestly think it looks like it would be a more interesting anime than movie or even book....'
Tonks is the Woman with Purple hair.(That was how she was described when she first apeared in the books)
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Maledicte » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Harry Potter could be a decent anime, if the art style was more like Monster or some other serious-themed show. The kids, Voldy and Dumbledore look fantastic, but I've seen bishies that look manlier than Snape here.
Maledicte

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Speaking as someone who hasn't read the books, I think it could work as an anime because, if done right, it could actually engage us with some of the characters that die later on. I mean, in the last couple of movies it was like, "This character's dead." and I felt like I was supposed to care but mostly I was just thinking, "Who? Which?"

Also, a properly done anime would include all the stuff that I'm sure was in the books that did not make it into the movie.

In any case, there's a good chance I'd watch it. Or at least a few episodes of it.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby blkmage » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 pm

blkmage

Postby Lynna » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:46 pm

^It seems that there are a lot of LilyxSeverus shippers on that site. I don't blame them.
I thought it was interesting, btw, that they included Regulus Black in the Banner. He was kind of awesome, in a way, even though he never actually appears in the story.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby Maokun » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:39 am

I think I recognize everyone except the red haired guy with glasses. Also, where's mad-eye?

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:11 am

I think the guy with the red hair and glasses is supposed to be Percy? I have no idea who the person with gray hair in a purple robe and hat next to Mcgonagall is. Does anyone know? Meanwhile, this was pretty awesome! Snape does look a little to much like a woman though. :lol:
TopazRaven

Postby Atria35 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:03 am

TopazRaven (post: 1507186) wrote:I think the guy with the red hair and glasses is supposed to be Percy? I have no idea who the person with gray hair in a purple robe and hat next to Mcgonagall is. Does anyone know? Meanwhile, this was pretty awesome! Snape does look a little to much like a woman though. :lol:

I think the grey-haired lady is supposed to be Professor Sprout. She kinda looks like the Sprout from the movies, yes?
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Maokun (post: 1507179) wrote:I think I recognize everyone except the red haired guy with glasses. Also, where's mad-eye?

The redhead with the glasses is Percy, more likely than not. I'm pretty sure that, from the top down after Arthur and Molly, it's Charlie, Bill (with Fleur), Percy, and then Fred and George. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nami » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:25 am

Half a second. Then I figured everyone out. Sad neh? >> I'm so deep in Harry Potter stuff. AHAHAH!!

I love this picture. It's beautiful. Snape does look a bit girly, but w/e. He looks great no matter whut! :D <-- *Severus fan*

Blk, you are awesome and that should be noted. I love you for sharing that page! :D So many SeverusxLily pics~! *melts*

Actually, I found Lily to be a brat... but... I digress. ^^;
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby ich1990 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:31 am

I can't even figure out who Snape is. Is he supposed to be the girl lying in the flowers? I really hope not. I realize this is a fan drawing (and a pretty good one at that), but thank goodness they aren't actually making this into an anime.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Nami » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Yes, Snape is the sleeping beauty~ <3 XDDD
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:35 pm

If Harry Potter was an anime, well, I'd be a fangirl. :) Hopefully, it would do the books justice.

I actually thought that the twins were the Hitachiin twins at first..... Dobby looks so huggable. :)
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Juliannesan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:14 am

ich1990 (post: 1507267) wrote:I can't even figure out who Snape is. Is he supposed to be the girl lying in the flowers? I really hope not. I realize this is a fan drawing (and a pretty good one at that), but thank goodness they aren't actually making this into an anime.

Nami (post: 1507324) wrote:Yes, Snape is the sleeping beauty~ <3 XDDD

Actually no, that's Sirius Black. [spoiler]He dies first.[/spoiler]
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby EndearingHotaru » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:23 am

I thought it was interesting, btw, that they included Regulus Black in the Banner. He was kind of awesome, in a way, even though he never actually appears in the story.

Actually, he appeared a lot in the last book. What with Kreacher telling them all about the locket and all. o-e He was a pretty contributing factor to the HP plot. Without him the second chase for the locket wouldn't have been necessary. And how boring would it have been without that second Ministry break-in? xD ;D
ImageImageImage ImageImage
EndearingHotaru

Postby Lynna » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:30 am

Juliannesan (post: 1507400) wrote:Actually no, that's Sirius Black. [spoiler]He dies first.[/spoiler]

I would disagree. Snape is Obviously on a bed of Lilies because he was in love with Lily, and Sirius Black was never mentioned to have long black hair.
Lynna

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:43 am

For how well drawn this poster is. It should be, because it was done by a guy name Nakagawa, he was trying to get people know his artwork due to the fact that he wants to be an animator. He also had a site that had more designs of characters from the books, but it has been taken down.
Roy Mustang

Postby Maokun » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Funny how over half of the Harry Potter pics in Pixiv are those of the past generation (James and Lily's.) I guess they feel they have more freedom with the character design that way; however none of them fails to portray James as some sort of smug chum while Severus is a shy and adorably effeminate boy.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:56 am

I'm going to admit I'm not really a big fan of James. He seemed like a huge jerk, but I still agree with you. Severus was obviously kind of a jerk as a kid to considering how he treated Lily in the flashback from book 6 though. Then the way he treats Harry as an adult is less then friendly to. Severus isn't exactly a nice guy.

[spoiler]Even if he did love Lily. He still treated her son with contempt because of his father which is really just not right in my book. Don't blame the son for the sin of the father. He might have been a shy kid, but none the less. He wasn't exactly rainbows and puppies. :lol:[/spoiler]
TopazRaven

Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews