Usagi Drop

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Usagi Drop

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:09 pm

I forgot who recommended it to me but it is so good...SO VERY GOOD!...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/usagi-drop/episode-1-the-bellflower-girl-580582
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Atria35 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:27 pm

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=59921
You got pre-empted by a few days or so!
Atria35

Postby Sheenar » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:03 pm

I just finished this series and really enjoyed it! Such a sweet anime and full-hearted.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby theladyeri » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 pm

It is a wonderful series that has definate room for a sequel. It had very real characters, too!
[font="Arial Black"]A moment of thought bests a year of mindless talk.[/font]
theladyeri

Postby Atria35 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:28 am

theladyeri (post: 1511466) wrote:It is a wonderful series that has definate room for a sequel.

No, no it doesn't. The only part left to animate after this is after the timeskip in the manga, and that's notorious for being love-it-or-hate-it. It's best to leave it at a part where everyone can love the show and it causes no controversy.
Atria35

Postby TWWK » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Atria35 (post: 1511481) wrote:The only part left to animate after this is after the timeskip in the manga, and that's notorious for being love-it-or-hate-it. It's best to leave it at a part where everyone can love the show and it causes no controversy.

Is there really a "love-it" group out there for the time skip section? Bah...

Actually, I loved it until [spoiler]the end...grrr.../[/spoiler]
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Wallachia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Usagi Drop is adorable. It's too bad that [spoiler]the time-skip completely threw the most interesting part of Rin's life out the window and made the characters change way too quickly. It would have been interesting if it explored a theme of a father's daughter slowly drifting away from him, but instead we get the exact opposite and a quick (omitted)-pull to make their relationship okay... What the heck?[/spoiler]Manga aside, the anime is pretty adorable. If we do get a sequel, let's get a bunch of new content that fills in the gap between the anime and that part of the manga, and then either ends or changes things drastically.

Wallachia

Postby Timeless » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:11 pm

This is my current favorite anime. I found it in July, Im a young single dad, Younger than Rin's guardian. Rin turns 7 in the anime. My daughter is 7 in second grade. I started watching this in July, the Calender in Rin's Bio Mom's office said july, when the whether changed there it changed here. I took a voluntary demotion to spend more time and be a better Father, Rin's guardian (Daichiki?) did the same. My daughters name means of the Olive Tree, they plant olive trees. Olive Trees are significant to Christians. I stopped smoking inside because I got custody of my Daughter at 4. He stops smoking. Ya this anime freaked me out in an epic way, we watched it together. And now....My daughter wakes up when the alarm goes off and when I wake up she's already half dressed AHAHAH Im looking for the live action version which was released in Japan a cpl months ago.... PEACE!
Timeless

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:54 pm

^ How serendipitous!
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Timeless (post: 1515745) wrote:This is my current favorite anime. I found it in July, Im a young single dad, Younger than Rin's guardian. Rin turns 7 in the anime. My daughter is 7 in second grade. I started watching this in July, the Calender in Rin's Bio Mom's office said july, when the whether changed there it changed here. I took a voluntary demotion to spend more time and be a better Father, Rin's guardian (Daichiki?) did the same. My daughters name means of the Olive Tree, they plant olive trees. Olive Trees are significant to Christians. I stopped smoking inside because I got custody of my Daughter at 4. He stops smoking. Ya this anime freaked me out in an epic way, we watched it together. And now....My daughter wakes up when the alarm goes off and when I wake up she's already half dressed AHAHAH Im looking for the live action version which was released in Japan a cpl months ago.... PEACE!

It looks like some things are universal. So glad to hear that you were able to connect like that to the show, and really glad to hear that it's not unrealistic or out there! ^.^ Just another reason to love this show, I think.
Atria35

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews