Sonic X

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Sonic X

Postby samurai10 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Is this an anime? I'm not really sure, so I decided to ask. XP
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Atria35 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Yep. You can read up more about it on here:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1816/Sonic_X
Atria35

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Yep, it is an anime...an anime 4kids got their hands on.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Yeah no kidding. I remember watching this youtube video which had a comparison of one of the more dramatic scenes from 4Kids then from the original Japanese version. Talk about a tension killer. I mean the Japanese version was heartfelt and almost made you cry and then the 4Kids version was lame and unemotional and did not capture the drama at all. I want to start watching the originals to see how much is different.
Wolf-man

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Wolf-man (post: 1466588) wrote:Yeah no kidding. I remember watching this youtube video which had a comparison of one of the more dramatic scenes from 4Kids then from the original Japanese version. Talk about a tension killer. I mean the Japanese version was heartfelt and almost made you cry and then the 4Kids version was lame and unemotional and did not capture the drama at all. I want to start watching the originals to see how much is different.

I've watched bits and pieces of the original. It definately is much better than the 4K version. Especially the second season with Cosmos. And the Shadow arc.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Yamamaya » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Yes it is. It's one of the many animes strangled to death by 4kids autotainment.
Yamamaya

Postby goldenspines » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Knuckles and Shadow have sexy voices in the original Japanese version too! :D *is shot*

Yes, it's anime based roughly on the Sonic the Hedgehog games.
See the Japanese OP here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS-DuEHHgBU
goldenspines

Postby Twister980 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:52 am

I've actually watched the whole series. At least, the dub. :sweat:

I've watched a few episodes of the sub, and minus the language, it would've been better to do almost a direct translation. :)
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews