Tsubasa/Angelic layer

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Tsubasa/Angelic layer

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon May 03, 2010 10:07 pm

There seems to be Angel Eggs in Tsubasa. In xxxHolic yuuko has one in her store room, and then in ep 20-somethin Sakura is in one. Anyone know anything about it?
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1392039) wrote:There seems to be Angel Eggs in Tsubasa. In xxxHolic yuuko has one in her store room, and then in ep 20-somethin Sakura is in one. Anyone know anything about it?

I don't remember Angel Eggs being in Yuuko's shop (then again, I have only read up to volume 2 of the manga, I saw all of season 1 of the anime), but I know what you're talking about in Tsubasa (it's in the anime, so I saw it). It's probably just part of the crossover thing, you know how Tsubasa is nothing more than alternate universes, which emerges all of CLAMP's worlds, basically, so that is an Angelic Layer reference.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon May 03, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm probably a dork for this, but I love it when there's references of other anime is an anime XD

I'll have to check that out ^o^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon May 03, 2010 11:41 pm

I love it too! Durarara!! had a yotsuba&! reference and it made me happy. n.n
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Atria35 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:02 am

Rusty Claymore (post: 1392039) wrote:There seems to be Angel Eggs in Tsubasa. In xxxHolic yuuko has one in her store room, and then in ep 20-somethin Sakura is in one. Anyone know anything about it?

I"m not surprised. Angelic Layer is a CLAMP title. CLAMP loves to intertwine it's anime/manga. Tsubasa and xxxHolic are just great at showing how entwined their stories are. You see, the scientist who invented Angelic Layer is also the father of Chi in Chobits, and in Tsubasa's AU, Chi was created by Fay.

This kind of story entwining is common for CLAMP- fans even have a name for it, called the CLAMP-verse.
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue May 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Ah, yes, I couldn't remember if Angelic was CLAMP or not. My Crunchyroll didn't specify XD
Rusty Claymore

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed May 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Atria35 (post: 1392067) wrote: You see, the scientist who invented Angelic Layer is also the father of Chi in Chobits

Really? I did not know that! I'd love to read Chobits, but I read the review and it contains too much for me. Even the anime sounds iffy, but I heard it isn't as bad. What a shame, Chii is such a loveable character!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:20 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1393851) wrote:Really? I did not know that! I'd love to read Chobits, but I read the review and it contains too much for me. Even the anime sounds iffy, but I heard it isn't as bad. What a shame, Chii is such a loveable character!

Eh, the anime isn't as bad as the manga, but unless you can handle a certain amount of fanservice, I wouldn't recommend it. It's a shame, because once you get past all that, there really is a good heart to the story, and I really enjoyed it.

Though I didn't really understand the anime's ending- it was better explained (and different) in the manga.

And yeah- I only realized that the scientist from AL was Chi's dad when I was watching them at the same time- the concepts were so similar, and then they mentioned a game with similar dolls to Chobits in the Chobits manga... and I knew~! It was mind-blowing!
Atria35

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews