Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai: What do you think?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai: What do you think?

Postby That Dude » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:47 am

So I recently found this anime called "Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai" AKA "Munto" and am really enjoying it so far. It gives the impression of what it'd be like if Makoto Shinkai decided to make an anime like Escaflowne. Totally different mind you, but still very simular of a feel.

Anybody else seen this? What did you think about it? Love it? Hate it? Why?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:25 am

I've never heard of that one before, so the only thing I really have to say about it is...it is a contender for longest title ever.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby blkmage » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:17 am

Watched three episodes of it before getting bored out of my skull. I'd like to think that I'm not easily bored since I've gotten through some pretty slow shows. I didn't care about any of the characters and I didn't enjoy their long-winded talks.
blkmage

Postby That Dude » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:26 pm

blkmage (post: 1349562) wrote:Watched three episodes of it before getting bored out of my skull. I'd like to think that I'm not easily bored since I've gotten through some pretty slow shows. I didn't care about any of the characters and I didn't enjoy their long-winded talks.

That's kinda interesting, it was quite the opposite for me. It immediatly had my attention. I tried watching a few other shows and couldn't keep my interest in them but this one got me right off the bat.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby TriezGamer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:19 am

It's probably the only thing Kyoto Animation has done that I genuinely didn't enjoy. And I'm pretty sure I've seen everything they've made.

My reactions were much like blkmage.
Embraced by a gentle breeze, my heart breaks as I think of you.
All alone at the top of the hill, I watch as the seasons go by.
--
Wishing for courage softly, I pray.
There's no going back now, to those tender days when you held me in your arms.

MOES "I can has Sane Sig now?"
TriezGamer

Postby That Dude » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:29 am

Yeah I watched through the whole thing, I liked it, but not as much as I think I would have if it were a longer series. Things were to compressed.
That Dude

Postby blkmage » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:57 am

I really wanted to like it, just because it seemed so different from what KyoAni usually does. But, my first impressions of it were, generic fantasy kingdom is falling apart and needs help from generic chosen one normal girl to save it. But she can see things no one else sees! And nobody but her friends believe her. Also, her friend runs off with a guy into a river to the shock of everyone. Then there's some fightan and what.

I can see why the OVA wasn't very popular.

Also, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ might be longer? No, never mind, I don't think it is, and it even has a subtitle. Although, the English name for Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai is just as unwieldly: The World Reflected in the Eyes of a Girl Looking Up at the Heavens.
blkmage

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews