The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:09 pm

*is gunna be sick* Venture Brothers?!!! eewww... *disappointed*

wait...didn't they just switch things from thursday to monday then?! Why in the heck did they do that?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 pm

Because they can that's the only reason they need.When I read the (in)famous
Kim Manning interview one of the questions was about scheduling and she said most of the time it's on a whim.In other words they don't need a reason.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:49 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Because they can that's the only reason they need.When I read the (in)famous
Kim Manning interview one of the questions was about scheduling and she said most of the time it's on a whim.In other words they don't need a reason.

I feel bad for Kim Manning. She gets a lot of crap dump on her and most of the time, her hands are tied and can't do anything about it.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby freerock1 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:34 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:When's AS going to wake up and get something like Fushigi Yugi or Full Metal Panic?

I believe I've seen some rumblings that AS may be interested in both FMP: FUMOFFU and FMP: 2nd Raid. So if they go for either of those, it would make sense for them to acquire the whole franchise.

ChristianRonin wrote:*is gunna be sick* Venture Brothers?!!! eewww... *disappointed*

wait...didn't they just switch things from thursday to monday then?! Why in the heck did they do that?

After this FMA run ended (sometime in August) they had planned to move Venture to Monday and give the Thursday night slot to Eureka 7 reruns, but from what I've seen the Venture Thursday ratings weren't doing poorly enough to prompt the move ahead of schedule. My guess is that it's an effort to bring the original more buzz, with the encores the night after the premieres on Sunday.

And for the record, the reason I mentioned Venture in the schedule update was that it affects a timeslot previously held by anime. I wasn't counting Venture Bros. as anime. :P

----------

Back to schedules... just a couple AS Saturday notes for upcoming weeks...

On August 5, the winner of this year's Have it Your Way contest is set to take over. Rumor has it that this year's winner plans to run all 6 eps. of FLCL back-to-back.

On August 12, it's an (almost) all-Inuyasha night, featuring the premiere of the 3rd Inuyasha movie, The Sword of World Conquest, from 11-1:30 ET/PT.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:30 pm

I would love to see the following added:
*Fushigi Yugi
*NOIR
*Full Metal Panic
*Full Metal Panic Fumouff?
*Full Metal Panic Second Raid
*Escaflowne
*Gatekeepers(original)
*Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
*Melty Lancer
*Vandread
*Vandread Second Stage
*Stellvia
*Excel Saga minus ep.26
*Robotech
*Macross
*Ranma 1/2
*Dirty Pair
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:25 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:*Fushigi Yugi
*Robotech
*Macross

Kim Manning is a fan of Fushigi Yugi from what I know. She has said that she really wants to see AS put FY on, but she feels that its not time for that kind of anime.

I think the big heads at CN fear that it will be a flop.

We can only hope that Escaflowne gets put up by CN and it does well.

Just wondering, why do you want to see Robotech and Macross on. I would love to see Macross, but Robotech is more or less a cut and paste ver of Macross, just with some other animes in it too.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:06 pm

Robotech is a really good classic.I think it would be interesting to show both versions so people can make up their minds which they like they best.
And as far as it goes AS it seems is entirely gutless when it comes to trying to air
new and different anime.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:17 pm

It wouldn't hurt them to try a few shojo titles like Revolutionary Girl Utena and
Fushigi Yugi.I mean the tv buisness is a general gamble,if you don't throw the dice or play the cards then you will never know what would have happened.If all you do is do like they do at AS and sit on your fat butt and make lousy comedy shows for stupid 14 year old and 34 year olds with 14 year old mentality males whose idea of culture is making fart jokes,then of course you're going to loose in the long run.
Gamble,take a chance,try it.They may actually get more anime viewers if they expand the types of anime they show on AS.Or is that the real problem?Is the REAL problem that they are afraid that by showing shojo and other non-shonen
anime that the anime fan base might grow and that they will have to admit that
their comedies are nothing but a lot of crappy little shows that no-one watches but drunks and mentally stunted people who wouldn't know humor if it bit them on the head?
mitsuki lover

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:46 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:It wouldn't hurt them to try a few shojo titles like Revolutionary Girl Utena and
Fushigi Yugi.I mean the tv buisness is a general gamble,if you don't throw the dice or play the cards then you will never know what would have happened.If all you do is do like they do at AS and sit on your fat butt and make lousy comedy shows for stupid 14 year old and 34 year olds with 14 year old mentality males whose idea of culture is making fart jokes,then of course you're going to loose in the long run.
Gamble,take a chance,try it.They may actually get more anime viewers if they expand the types of anime they show on AS.Or is that the real problem?Is the REAL problem that they are afraid that by showing shojo and other non-shonen
anime that the anime fan base might grow and that they will have to admit that
their comedies are nothing but a lot of crappy little shows that no-one watches but drunks and mentally stunted people who wouldn't know humor if it bit them on the head?

Lol did Family Guy slap your grandma and kick your dog or something? You really have a vendetta against Family Guy.:eyeroll: Look we've gone over this before if you don't like that it's popular and you don't like the humor then don't watch it. Making statements that millions of ordinary and intelligent people both male and female are drunk and stupid because *of course!* they watch Family Guy won't help you make your point.

Heck I agree with you they should take a chance with some Shojo but that's not what will get them ratings with the average 18-34 year old viewer. It just won't and boy this is sounding like a broken record AS, CN, and Time Warner are businesses so they're going to do what will make money. People like Family Guy, The Boondocks, Aqua Teens, etc. and their ratings and revenue prove that.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby freerock1 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:19 pm

AS schedule update:

We got another new schedule beginning tonight. The most notable news: Inuyasha begins a 12:30 Mon-Thurs run.

12:30 Inuyasha
1:00 s-CRY-ed (this changes to FMA beginning 8/14)
1:30 Big O
4-5:30 repeats
5:30 Gigantor

The Inuyasha weeknight run tentatively will be interrupted the last 2 weeks of August, as Crayon Shin-Chan makes its test run at 12:30. Kagome & friends return in September, with new episodes premiering on weeknights in October.

More schedule fun at http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html... which, remember, is subject to change with little notice.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:36 pm

Then the finale.After which it will run at least until January as currently Mon.-Th.
at 12:30 starting with the beginning episode.Which makes me one happy Kagome
fanboy.
Also September 9th is scheduled for the last Inuyasha Saturday night ep. until the 4th movie airs on December 23.(source Inuyasha rescheduled thread on AU forum)
The new episodes will resume in October,so if you expect demon rats tonight you are out of luck.Although the one they are running is one of my personal favorites.
mitsuki lover

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:39 pm

I know this is a little late, but I LOVE the person who came up with last night's Adult Swim anime block! It was part of the Burger King "You Run Adult Swim" campaign thing, and whoever this person was chose an ALL anime timeblock featuring ALL six epsodes of FLCL, Paranoia Angent, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop...It was BEAUTIFUL! For one beautiful Saturday night, no stupid "comedy" shows!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:48 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:I know this is a little late, but I LOVE the person who came up with last night's Adult Swim anime block! It was part of the Burger King "You Run Adult Swim" campaign thing, and whoever this person was chose an ALL anime timeblock featuring ALL six epsodes of FLCL, Paranoia Angent, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop...It was BEAUTIFUL! For one beautiful Saturday night, no stupid "comedy" shows!

A few days before the run on Sat, they give the line up and said that this guy is an anime fan and here is what he pick.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:27 pm

And it was probably the last time we will see FLCL for a longish time.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:55 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:And it was probably the last time we will see FLCL for a longish time.

Actually, not according to http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html. They've got another Saturday run of it scheduled to start in September. So FLCL fans, rejoice for a few more weeks. :)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby freerock1 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:54 am

New Adult Swim schedule beginning this Saturday, 8/17/06:
11:00 Futurama
11:30 Shin-Chan
12:00 FMA
12:30 GitS
1:00 Eureka 7
1:30 Inuyasha

Also, as mentioned before, Shin-Chan begins a 2-week Monday-Thursday run at 12:30 ET/PT, this coming Monday, August 21.

-------------

Also, I'm going to start trying to give some coverage to Anime Network, mainly the On Demand service since their 24/7 network coverage is still pretty sparse. (If someone else has Anime Network 24/7 and would like to start providing updates for it, that would be great!) Mainly I'm going off the Comcast, Time Warner and Cox lineups since those companies probably cover the majority of TAN On Demand viewers, and since the lineups on smaller cable operators seem to be pretty consistent with those. However, your lineup may vary a bit, so check with your On Demand provider.

Anyway, here are some titles available as of Thursday, 8/17, on Anime Network On Demand. (Be advised that anything you have to pay for will typically be uncensored):

FREEBIES (for Time Warner and Comcast subscribers)
Kaleido Star
Slayers Try
Hakugei - Legend of the Moby Dick
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok
Diamond Daydreams
Kaleido Star: New Wings
Mezzo
Orphen: Revenge
Princess Tutu
Angelic Layer
DN Angel
GetBackers
Ghost Stories
Full Metal Panic

$6.95/MONTH SUBSCRIPTION LINEUP
most everything above, plus...
Saiyuki
Sakura Wars TV
Zone Of The Enders: Dolores, i
Godannar
Yugo The Negotiator
Gantz (subtitled)
Divergence Eve: Misaki Chronicles
Steel Angel Kurumi
Aquarian Age

$3.99 PAY-PER-VIEW LINEUP
Maburaho
New Cutey Honey
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:50 pm

Wow! AS must really want Toon Disney and Hallmark to get more buisness on Saturdays from 11-Midnight!
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:13 pm

so tahts a channel? heh wish i had it. i have dish but im pretty sure we dont get that
Sami_jane

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:37 pm

AS lineup news for Sept.

Saturday September 23rd, Boondocks and RC/Metal reruns begin on @ 11 and Bleach at 12:30 am.

FLCL gets another 1:30 run in September.

The last Inuyashas will air in October over 2 weeks.

GitS and 2nd Gig will be gone in September.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:36 pm

Toon Disney Sunday Jetix schedule starting September:

9:00 p.m. Digimon
9:30 p.m. Beyblades
10:00p.m. Shinzo
10:30p.m. Daigunder
11:00p.m. Mon Colle Knights(new show)
1:30-3:30 a.m. repeats of the above

Bad news,starting next month W.I.T.C.H. will only air at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays
on Toon Disney.Good News one of the best kids' anime series,Shinzo,will be returning finally.:)

Source Anime News Network.

Mon Colle Knights features Wendee Lee!:)
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:32 pm

Sami_jane wrote:so tahts a channel? heh wish i had it. i have dish but im pretty sure we dont get that

You mean Anime Network? Yeah, it's a channel; just mostly right now people have it as an On Demand thing rather than an actual scheduled channel. (Though they do have an actual scheduled channel out there.)

Actually, though, I think Dish does offer some pay-per-view stuff; your lineup is just a little different. Check your VOD menu. :thumb:

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby CAAOutkast » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:13 am

mitsuki lover wrote:Toon Disney Sunday Jetix schedule starting September:

9:00 p.m. Digimon
9:30 p.m. Beyblades
10:00p.m. Shinzo
10:30p.m. Daigunder
11:00p.m. Mon Colle Knights(new show)
1:30-3:30 a.m. repeats of the above

Bad news,starting next month W.I.T.C.H. will only air at 10:30 a.m. Saturdays
on Toon Disney.Good News one of the best kids' anime series,Shinzo,will be returning finally.:)

Source Anime News Network.

Mon Colle Knights features Wendee Lee!:)

WHAT?? BAYBLADE IS BACK ON THE AIR,I THOUGHT THEY GOT RID OF IT,DANG IT! I HATE THAT SHOW,THE VOICE ACTING IRRITATES THE HECK OUT OF ME :rant: sorry I got carried away,I hate Bayblade.

Ok, I'm Calm now. I'm gonna write toon disney and ask them in a mature way to Ditch Bayblade.
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:07 pm

I'm just glad they brought back Shinzo. :thumb:
I really enjoy that show,it's one of the best series Toon Disney has ever had.
I think I will take a look at Mon Colle Knights just because Wendee Lee is in it. :jump:
They also had a link to where they got the information that showed Toon Disney's full schedule for the Fall.
mitsuki lover

Postby CAAOutkast » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:33 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I'm just glad they brought back Shinzo. :thumb:
I really enjoy that show,it's one of the best series Toon Disney has ever had.
I think I will take a look at Mon Colle Knights just because Wendee Lee is in it. :jump:
They also had a link to where they got the information that showed Toon Disney's full schedule for the Fall.

I Like Shinzo too. But I Love Mon Colle Knights. And Digimon will hopefully be the 5th season.
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:27 pm

I need to know more about Mon Colle Knights.I don't know if Digimon is the 5th season or if they're just going through 1-4 as per normal.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:28 pm

Ok starting on Monday Inuyasha returns to Monday-Thursday at 12:30 a.m.
It will be followed by Fullmetal Alchemist at 1:00 a.m.Big O will be rerun at 1:30
a.m.until about the 18 when it will be replaced by Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone
Complex.
As noted next week will be the last Saturday that Inuyasha will be on at 1:30 a.m.
Starting the 16th it will be replaced by FLCL.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:47 pm

on the funimation channel (colors tv) they are starting their anime at 7 30 now with kodocha. they are also adding a few new shows to the line up tonight. now they have Fruits basket airing at 8 i believe, yuyu hakusho, slayers and negima in their line up. i cant wait until tonight! lol
Sami_jane

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:58 pm

Yeah,I was looking at the Anime Unleashed forum today and someone there had the schedule for Funimation on Colours and they had shows like Fruits Basket and
Case Closed listed.
mitsuki lover

Postby Sami_jane » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:52 pm

well it was supposed to come on but it didnt. <_< ij was realy looking forward to it but they are just showing the reg. schedual
Sami_jane

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:39 pm

Grave of the Fireflies will air on Nov 12 @ 10 pm eastern on TCM.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews