The network TV: anime schedule and schedule changes thread!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby ashfire » Wed May 31, 2006 5:54 pm

I would hope that everyone would send feedback to CN about sending Eureka Seven to 1:30 AM Sunday Morning.
I did. I hope they get enough of it to change their mind.
ashfire

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed May 31, 2006 10:26 pm

ashfire wrote:I would hope that everyone would send feedback to CN about sending Eureka Seven to 1:30 AM Sunday Morning.
I did. I hope they get enough of it to change their mind.

Uh, that will not work. If you going to want to change their mind, you have to send them a letter and not an e-mail.

Even a CN PR person told me this at AWA a few years ago.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:51 pm

What they ought to do is to make Inuyasha their flagship series and build around it with similiar type anime such as Fushigi Yugi,etc.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:30 pm

A little good news for folks in the Los Angeles area... Beginning June 19, KSCI "LA 18" is set to begin running the FUNimation Channel on one of its digital subchannels. Those in the LA area with digital TVs should be able to pick it up on channel 18.3, and hopefully area cable systems will get on it as well.

Now how about some stations doing that around the rest of the country? ;)
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby freerock1 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:36 pm

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html -- Act now and you can get a nice little preview of the schedule at least through the beginning of August (which, as we know, is always subject to change).

A few highlights on the anime side of things...
- S-CRY-ed and Big O are set to return for weeknight runs
- Trigun gets bumped next week, but shouldn't be gone long
- Bleach is set for a September launch
- Trinity Blood on its way to AS?
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby Sami_jane » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:43 am

so i ddint see trinity blood on the anime reveiw list...does anyone know what it is a bout or if its a good anime?
Sami_jane

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:58 pm

Sami_jane wrote:so i ddint see trinity blood on the anime reveiw list...does anyone know what it is a bout or if its a good anime?

Well, we don't know if AS is getting or not. But it has been one of my picks that they would get it.

Its a vampire anime.

Info ANN wrote:The background is in the distant future after the destruction brought about by Armageddon. The war between the vampires and the humans continue to persist. In order to protect the humans from the vampires, Vatican has to rely on other allies to counter the situation. The protagonist, a priest called Peter Abel Nightroad, travels through the countries as a representative for the Vaticans. However, he is also part of "Ax", a special operations group controlled by the Cardinal Catherina. His encounter with a young girl called Esther will determine the struggle and survival between the human race and the vampires

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:16 pm

I still want to see AS get Fushigi Yugi and Full Metal Panic,also Toonami should go out and get something like Cardcaptor Sakura or at least Miguzi go.I think Cartoon Network should do more to attract female as well as male anime viewers.
Also the reason I would like to see a Magic Girl series like Cardcaptor Sakura is to
see if it could attract the same audience that watches Toon Disney's W.I.T.C.H.
I really think there is room and audience for Magic Girl shows on Cartoon Network,depsite what they did to Sailor Moon.
mitsuki lover

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:21 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I still want to see AS get Fushigi Yugi and Full Metal Panic,also Toonami should go out and get something like Cardcaptor Sakura or at least Miguzi go.I think Cartoon Network should do more to attract female as well as male anime viewers.
Also the reason I would like to see a Magic Girl series like Cardcaptor Sakura is to
see if it could attract the same audience that watches Toon Disney's W.I.T.C.H.
I really think there is room and audience for Magic Girl shows on Cartoon Network,depsite what they did to Sailor Moon.

I agree, I would really like to see AS and CN pick up some good shoujo titles. I haven't really even been watching much anime on TV lately, since the choices are so limited. I mean, I've already seen FMA about twice, I've seen Bebop just as many times (and have a volume of it on DVD anyways), Champloo doesn't interest me, I'm always forgetting to watch InuYasha because I can never figure out when it comes on, and I'm not really interested in Eva or Eureka 7 (especially the latter). I think it's time for AS to pull in some new series, personally, and it certainly wouldn't hurt if one of those series was a good shoujo magical girl title, etc.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sami_jane » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:25 pm

i could see toonami doing it but i just cant see AS putting a magical girl series in their lineup. i dunno it just seems....well not something they would do. lol
Sami_jane

Postby freerock1 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:30 pm

Quick on-the-fly schedule update... Apparently AS has decided to give E7 one more chance to show itself in the Saturday Midnight spot. So provided it's not an error, here's the schedule for tonight, per AS.com:

11:00 Inuyasha
11:30 FMA
12:00 Eureka 7
12:30 Korgoth
1:00 Champloo
1:30 Bebop
2-5 repeats
5:00 Chuck Norris
5:30 Mr. T

For now, the previously posted schedule (with GitS reruns at Midnight and E7 at 1:30) is still on for next week, June 10. However, that obviously could change by this time next week, especially if Eureka 7 has a strong performance tonight.

Radical Dreamer wrote:I'm always forgetting to watch InuYasha because I can never figure out when it comes on

That's what this thread is for. Though it helps when the networks aren't changing their schedules several times a week... ;)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:02 pm

Remember Paranoia Agent is scheduled to come back this week.

As far as shojo anime goes,I mentioned it because I feel that AS and CN in general have gotten in a rut where they're only catering to the 18-34 year old
male anime fans and thus locking out a great deal of the rest of anime fandom.
Inuyasha is one of the few shows they air that has the ability to appeal across the board to a wider range of fans.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:25 am

Hmmm, this is odd.

I got this from the Atlanime Digest and this is what it says.

Adult Swim is now showing Eureka 7 on Sat. at 1:30 & 4:30.
This moves GITS up to 12:00, Samurai Champloo up to 12:30, and Cowboy Bebop up to 1:00.

So, did they change their mind or what?

PS: After Tuesday, I will have time to try to put a line up for June and so.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby freerock1 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:55 am

mitsuki lover wrote:As far as shojo anime goes,I mentioned it because I feel that AS and CN in general have gotten in a rut where they're only catering to the 18-34 year old male anime fans and thus locking out a great deal of the rest of anime fandom.
Inuyasha is one of the few shows they air that has the ability to appeal across the board to a wider range of fans.

I don't necessarily see the targeting as a rut, because a network's target demographic is what it is (in Adult Swim's case, 18-34 males). However, I do agree that shoujo is viable if they can find a title with broad enough appeal. I would be interested to see some suggestions in what shoujo series some of you would like to see on AS.

Certainly with the success of shows like W.I.T.C.H. and Totally Spies, some shoujo should be able to find a home at least on Miguzi or Toonami. (Nuku Nuku or Princess Nine, anyone?)

(BTW, mitsuki, I do agree with you that AS and CN are in a general rut, for a number of reasons. ]Hmmm, this is odd.

I got this from the Atlanime Digest and this is what it says.

Adult Swim is now showing Eureka 7 on Sat. at 1:30 & 4:30.
This moves GITS up to 12:00, Samurai Champloo up to 12:30, and Cowboy Bebop up to 1:00.

So, did they change their mind or what?
[/QUOTE]
My understanding is that originally, AS had planned to move E7 to 1:30 change this past weekend, but changed their minds near the last minute.

As of right now, the move you mentioned is still set to happen this weekend. However, E7 turned in a relatively strong ratings performance last weekend (per Toonzone, 334,000 in the 18-34 demo--which isn't great, but is pretty decent by current AS standards and is a whole lot better than what it's been doing). Depending on what it did in the ratings this past weekend, it wouldn't totally surprise me to see an announcement before this Saturday that they're keeping E7 at 12:00.

Keep it right here for all the latest schedule updates. [/shameless plug] :thumb:

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:37 pm

My understanding,from what I read,is that the final Inuyasha eps. will run some time in October.So I have until then to make up my mind wheter or not I will stick with AS.I mean why stay up late when one can simply buy the DVDs and watch them without commercial interruption?
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:49 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:My understanding,from what I read,is that the final Inuyasha eps. will run some time in October.So I have until then to make up my mind wheter or not I will stick with AS.I mean why stay up late when one can simply buy the DVDs and watch them without commercial interruption?

Depends on how strongly you feel about seeing an uncut version and whether you feel like shelling out the cash. If it were me, I'd probably just set the VCR come October. ]Depending on what it did in the ratings this past weekend, it wouldn't totally surprise me to see an announcement before this Saturday that they're keeping E7 at 12:00.[/QUOTE]
Eureka 7 fans rejoice... Apparently that's what happened. AS has reversed their decision. So, here's the (current) Saturday schedule for June 10:

11:00 Inuyasha
11:30 FMA
12:00 Eureka 7
12:30 GitS (1st season)
1:00 Champloo
1:30 Bebop
2-5 repeats
5:00 Chuck Norris
5:30 Mr. T

Barring any changes, this schedule should be good through July 1.
_____

Also, a weeknight program note... This week is the last Thursday that Bebop is set to run. Venture Bros. gets the 12:30 spot next week. Here's the weeknight anime schedule for June 12-22:

12:30 FMA (Mon) / Inuyasha (Tue - new) / GitS: 2nd Gig (Wed)
1:00 Evangelion
1:30 Paranoia Agent
4-5:30 repeats

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:50 am

If last week was any indication the series is just really starting to take off now.The more Eureka 7 advances in its storyline the less likely it will be that it will be sent into the netherland of late,late night.It's simply getting to be too good.

As far as it goes,between staying up late and spending the money and watching
Inuyasha and other series uncut,I would rather spend the money.In any case after the series finale of the anime I would like to see about getting as many of the dvds of my favorite eps. as possible.

I also need still to get Fushigi Yugi and Full Metal Panic and some other shows that will probably never see the light of day on AS unless they have a coup.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:17 pm

Good news,it looks like Eureka 7 will remain on the Midnight Saturday slot for the time being.
Bad news,if you turned on AS like me at 12:30 a.m. yesterday and were expecting
Cowboy Bebop,while it looks like they've taken it off of Thursday line up for now and replaced it with Venture Brothers reruns.In other words until they either put
Cowboy Bebop back on Thursday or some other anime it looks like I'll be watching
M*A*S*H at 12:30 a.m. on Thursdays.
Better news,S-cry-ed will be back on the air starting around the 26th.It will replace
Neon Genesis Evangelion at the 1:00 a.m. slot.So that's a combo of good and bad
news.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:53 pm

Cowboy Bebop has moved to Sat night at 1:30 am after Samurai Champloo.

The only anime that has showing on Thursday night isNeon Genesis Evangelion at 1:00 am est.

Also, I heard that FLCL will run sometime in Aug on a Sat and they will show all the eps back to back that night.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:39 pm

What is going in the other animes' placE?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:49 am

No they were showing Neon Genesis Evangelion and Paranoia Agent on Thursday.
Cowboy Bebop was already on at 1:30 a.m. following Samurai Champloo,the change was that the idiots in charge took it off the thursday spot.The only change
that I saw scheduled so far is that S-cry-ed will replace Neon Genesis Evangelion starting on the 26th.
mitsuki lover

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:01 pm

YES!!! I have been waiting to see Sc-CRY-ed again!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:26 pm

If they keep to the current schedule starting the 26th the schedule should be for
Mon.-Th.:
Mon.
12:30 a.m.Fullmetal Alchemist
1:00 a.m.S-cry-ed
1:30 a.m.Paranoia Agent

Tue.
12:30 a.m.Inuyasha
1:00 a.m. S-cry-ed
1:30 a.m. Paranoia Agent

Wed.
12:30 a.m. Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone Complex
1:00 a.m. S-cry-ed

Th.
1:00 a.m. S-cyred

I haven't looked beyond next week to see what the schedule is supposed to look like in July.But this is how it should be like next week,if they keep to the schedule as posted at the official AS schedule page.
mitsuki lover

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:00 pm

Bleach will air on AS on Sept 2rd or the 9th.

think its the 2rd, but I'm not sure.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:01 pm

yays! thanks WZ22!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:02 pm

It's supposed to start September 9.
This is the last night for Neon Genesis Evangelion,S-cry-ed returns on Monday with
'Kasuma'.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:19 pm

**story edited--please see next post**

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby freerock1 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:25 am

Some good news for those with broadband connections... You can get your Eureka 7 fix all week. Bandai's site AnimeVillage.com is now streaming premiere episodes of E7 online an entire week for free.

Adult Swim had announced that they were planning to do the same thing with their premieres on their AS.com Fix, but it is apparently comedy premieres only.

More real stuff...
freerock1

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:40 pm

They're finally getting around to replaying the Survival of the Duo episode on Inuyasha tommorrow.I hope that when they replay Protect And Plunder they fix the sloppy editing job that they did on Tuesday night.

Bleach premieres September 9th.
mitsuki lover

Postby freerock1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:33 pm

Adult Swim Schedule Alert: another change takes place beginning this Saturday, July 8. Among the highlights: Futurama returns to Saturdays, Inuyasha gets bumped to the back slot...

11:00 Futurama
11:30 Fullmetal Alchemist
12:00 Eureka 7 (new)
12:30 GitS
1:00 Samurai Champloo
1:30 Inuyasha
2-5 repeats
5:00 Super Milk Chan
5:30 Cartoon Planet

(This is per the schedule sidebar on AS.com. The Schedule "page" still hasn't been updated, so if you click there, it will show something different. All times Eastern/Pacific, and as always, this information is subject to change.)

Hopefully the return of Futurama will help Saturdays get rolling again. All-anime was nice but clearly wasn't getting it done ratings-wise. And if they're going to give Saturdays a comedy injection, I'd certainly rather see a past success like Futurama than a risk like Boondocks, Venture Bros., or Stroker & Hoop.

----------

Also, for those needing their classic giant robot fix, Gigantor returns to the AS graveyard shift at 5:30AM Eastern/Pacific beginning next Monday night, July 10. (This is also the night that Pee-Wee's Playhouse premieres on AS.)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews