Post your favorite anime themes!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Princess Kairi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Oh, there are so many! I'll only post a couple right now because I'm lazy and don't feel like going out and finding any others.

Ohayou (HunterXHunter opening 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhQ_eUOm9As

HunterXHunter opening 3 (Don't know the name)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIk-tOzdFc&feature=related
Princess Kairi

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:30 pm

The ending Theme to the Count of Monte Christo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzmHXG0U2bs It owns all other Themes. IMO (in both song and graphics :P ) You're free to have your own opinions though. X3
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 pm

The seriously bizarre part is that this song got stuck in my head while I was reading this thread, but before I read this post. XD It is a fun one, though. XD

Also lots of mine have already been posted, so I don't have much of anything new to add. XD I do love Baccano's Guns & Roses, though. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:38 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1488180) wrote:The ending Theme to the Count of Monte Christo
It owns all other Themes. IMO (in both song and graphics :P ) You're free to have your own opinions though. X3

D: I hated that one XD It just...does not fit with the show, if you ask me. I felt the same way about the Death Note themes.

Here's what I think is the absolute best opening theme ever:

"Again" - Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:46 pm

C'mon, people! MOAR THEME SONGS! D:<

Claymore - Danzai no Hana
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Agloval » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Here's a little oddity: Cure Action. I've a strong suspicion that the lyrics and style (listen out for attack names!) are overtly a girly version of Rider Action. 'Cure Action' was composed by Michiaki Watanabe, who also did work on Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Godannar, Jeeg; and some films in the 60s and 70s, plus a bunch of live-action tokusatsu shows all of which I unfortunately don't recognise.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby bakura91 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Favorite Shonen anime ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n371zCCYpts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0umpeN2uJbY&feature=related

Just rewatched this one another favorite anime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-lcdQIWO9k

This Gundam Show introduced me to Gundam/mecha anime when I was ten This and the 0079 series are the best gundam shows in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkzsxymAbs
bakura91

Postby goldenspines » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 pm

>_>
<_<

Sakura Kiss from Ouran High School Host Club.
goldenspines

Postby jsav777 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Deep in your heart from Jyo Oh Sei
With Reflection from Origins: Spirits of the Past
Shine On Moribito
Opening Theme from Sengoku Basara
Opening Theme from Trigun
jsav777

Postby battletech » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:45 am

[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Edward » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:07 pm

[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby CrystalChalice » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 am

Part 2:
Bakusou Yume Uta - Soul Eater
ft. - Fairy Tail
Shissou - Ouran High School Host Club
Motherland - Fullmetal Alchemist
Tsunaide Te - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Shunkan Sentimental - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
RAY OF LIGHT - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Asu no Egao no Tameni - Gatekeepers
For You - Hourou Musuko
Allegro Cantabile - Nodame Cantabile
Dramatic - Honey and Clover
Waltz - Honey and Clover
Inori~You Raise Me Up - Romeo X Juliet
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:49 pm

I...normally hate this kind of opening, but...somehow I just love this one <_<

"KIMI + BOKU = LOVE?" - Lovely Complex

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:20 pm

Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Agloval » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:47 am

Daa da da daa da! Daa da da daa da!

I have mixed feelings about anime from the nineties, but there certainly were some OPs which you feel you have to belt out.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby Tenchi » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:12 am

One opening I absolutely loved was Clannad After Story's opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klUfRsd20gE

I mean, yes, the visuals to it were awesome, but I think that the music itself was just plain awesome as well.
One Piece teaches me to strive for my dreams with all my might.

Clannad teaches me the importance of love and family.

So live strong and realize your dreams, but don't forsake those around you. :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tenchi

Postby AngelicTotoro » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Here are a few of my absolute favorite OST's from Kimagure Orange Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Z-8CYvAlM&feature=related&safe_search=on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xwatPkVS_0&feature=related&safe_search=on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wADOmjXw7RQ&feature=related&safe_search=on

All three of the these really remind me of Madoka and Kyosuke... How sweet they were together. :lol:
They also remind me of how wonderful and romantic KOR was when stupid Hikaru wasn't around. :bootout: <- Hikaru
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Edward » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Because I can't decide which DBZ theme I like best, I'll post all the ones I've heard:

First there's the one I grew up with, Rock the Dragon, which I think has the best scenes from the anime, and I really think it should have been on the box sets.

Then there's the instrumental version from the season box sets, which I think is pretty good [s](still not as good as "Rock the Dragon")[/s] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqrv1gf3NXU

And of course: Cha-La Head Cha-La!!!. I think it's the best.

edit: On second thought, the instrumental is way better than "Rock the Dragon"
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby AngelicTotoro » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm planning on watching Rahxephon with my older brother so I previewed the first episode...
The ending song was so unexpected. It's already become one of my favorite anime themes.
Rahxephon ending - Egg of the Dream
It's so hauntingly beautiful. 0_0
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:19 pm

There is a distinct lack of [s]YOU A SHARK[/s] Ai wo Toromodise in this thread. (Fist of the North Star opening, BTW. Also, a guy is singing the bridge.)
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby airichan623 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:53 pm

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 am

...Do either of these count? :grin::thumb::rock:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:46 pm

airichan623 (post: 1491809) wrote:I'd post the 1st ED too, but it's near impossible to find online x(

If you mean this, that wasn't hard to find at all.

This ending theme is just so fun to sing along to! ^_^ And the visuals are so pretty and soft....

"Bon Bon" from Lovely Complex

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby R86 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 am

Getting this in just before the thread dies.... Now I am someone who never even liked pop music of any kind much, so my opinion may not mean much. That may also be why my favorite anime theme ever was from a show that I don't believe was critically acclaimed, nor did the show itself do much for me: "Makkana chikai" from Busou Renkin.

Even watching that YouTube video, I realized I had forgotten the main character altogether, and only barely remembered the girl with all the sharp pointy things. But the song is somehow catchy, and the most tremendous line of all can be heard only in the full version:

何度ミスして落ち込んだとしても
諦めちゃ ダメだ前を向こう
大切な物守るこの使命を
思いっきり抱きしめて真っ赤な誓い

(my feeble attempt at translating)
However many times I may have messed up or fallen down,
I mustn't give up. I will face forward.
This mission to protect that which is precious to me,
I embrace it with all my heart: a blood-red oath.

If there is a better rendition of the middle part of the third chapter of Philippians somehow contained in an anime theme song of all places, I for one would like to know where it is. :thumb:
R86

Postby Vii » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 am

Anything from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Particularly Period (OP 4) and Let it Out (ED 2).

Serenade from Fruits Basket (ED Episode 25)
Just the piano version was used in the actual episode though. There's a really nice English version as well.
Vii

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Okay, this one isn't a brilliant song, and not one I'd hold up as one of my absolute favorites, but after twelve episodes this song has grown on me and I hum along:

D.Gray-man - Snow Kiss

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Rewin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 am

Mmmmmm, bacon.....
Rewin

Postby Maokun » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:00 am

I've never seen the series itself, but I really like Spiral's OP. The singer's voice is a slightly grating but I'm a sucker for this poppy-rock songs with lots of melodic tension shifts.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:05 pm

I love Stray from Wolf's Rain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoQuu7GPxAI

A song of Storm and Fire: Tsubasa Chronicle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atc51MxhoAE

And lots of the others mentioned. Lain's, Baccano!'s. Love Sakura Kiss too. And though I haven't really watched One Piece the first theme song is pretty fun.

And sometimes I find myself just singing the Dango theme. So. Adorable. And if you've seen this verison... It just gets even more adorable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptz7W5EUoOM
A_Yellow_Dress

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews