Authors trying to be DEEP and complex?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby TriezGamer » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:36 pm

That's a good point, Nick. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've seen a few. Those would be shows I'd be more interested in watching.
Embraced by a gentle breeze, my heart breaks as I think of you.
All alone at the top of the hill, I watch as the seasons go by.
--
Wishing for courage softly, I pray.
There's no going back now, to those tender days when you held me in your arms.

MOES "I can has Sane Sig now?"
TriezGamer

We're Imperfect (look to someone who is)

Postby Reon » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:36 am

[font="Book Antiqua"]Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) "[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.[/color]"[/font]
We're imperfect and one of the biggest things keeping me from being a believer in Christ was how skeptical I was. When I truly understood that I needed him (wasn't the first time I had just thought about the need for him but felt an actual need in my heart) he entered my life and for two weeks amazing things happened. One night my skepticism kicked in again and I started to rationalize how everything could be happening ... I stopped myself and said there is no way that this isn't God, the past two weeks have been nothing but miraculous. We can rationalize everything if we wanted to and call it chance, but I refuse to believe that my existence, life, nature, was "chance".

It's very hard to let God shape me when I had already been trying to shape myself and I think one of the hardest things in life to do is dieing to self. The reward that comes with doing it . . . A M A Z I N G .

LadyRushia (post: 1292045) wrote:What Minaki and Fantasy Dreamer said. I've read a lot of books this semester where the characters have very different views from mine, and I think the best thing you can do is just understand that that person is sharing his/her own view of the world. Plus, you never know what kind of people you'll meet in life, so understanding perspectives that are opposite of your own may help you share your faith with those people.

Bringing this back to anime, I would agree that there's usually a good reason why a character believes or feels a certain way, which wouldn't make philosophical monologues completely pointless.

Great post. When you seek God's will above your own and let him guide your life I think his love will shine from you when your talking to people. Everytime someone disagrees with me or I'm about to open my mouth to say something about the Bible I try to pray asking God "Let your will be done". I'm imperfect and I can try as hard as I want to be perfect but will never be, so I ask someone who is perfect to take the reigns. Especially considering the power of the tongue. [font="Book Antiqua"]
Proverbs 18:20-21 “[color="DeepSkyBlue"]a man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth, and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof[/color]â€
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews