New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby cyberpunk otaku » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Falx (post: 1528922) wrote:The main problem is you're trying to derive tone from something as bland as text. It's borderline impossible, I think if you give people the benefit of the doubt you'll find that in nearly every case they were not being at all condescending or snarky.

It continues. If you study critical thinking in college, I don't know if you have or not, you will find that writing has a tone. Much of the writing I've encountered in the last 2 days has a sarcastic tone, but not all. I don't take to that.
[font="Century Gothic"]Your silence is not an answer.
Onishi, Texhonlyze[/font]
cyberpunk otaku

Postby Falx » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 am

Really? You're being extraordinarily aggressive over even the slightest perceived insults. And responding with your own. I gave nothing to be offended over, but you took it anyway. And yes, professional writing, be it essays/articles or fiction can indeed have a tone. A bunch of random people who sit on a forum talking about anime rarely have the skill or inclination to type out their jibber jabber in a way that makes the tone crystal clear.

If you want to fit in here, or quite frankly anywhere, stop assuming people are looking down on you. And looking over some of your previous posts... quite frankly I take issue with the fact that someone who has been here less than a week has the gall to make such broad statements as "98% of the people here are rude" when you've interacted with less than a handful of them. You're insulting my friends here for no reason other than because you have a faulty trigger on your temper and I don't like that.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:29 am

All right, this off topic discussion stops here.

Cyberpunk otaku, if you have an issue with a member being rude to you, send a PM to me, another moderator, or our site's Administrator. Do not lash out like you did previously accusing "98%" of our member base by false assumptions. We do not tolerate that kind of rude behavior: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=55255

If you have an issue with this, take it up with me via PM and I'll be happy to talk it over with you. But for the time being, get back on the topic in this thread.
goldenspines

Postby cyberpunk otaku » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:28 am

I can't reply to your quote from my phone. I'd like to
Discuss how old timers treat new comers, how teens treat adults, how to
Discuss r rated anime with pg-13 rated language. My goal is not to fit in and I will not refrain from sharing my experience. I've not found this to be an entirely open group. I'll look for threads on my subjects or forums to
Start in. Not interested in a private conversation. Thanks.

Sorry, my goal is not to fit in, I just want to be myself.
cyberpunk otaku

Postby Maokun » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:15 pm

As noble and nonconformist as that may sound, the truth is that all communities have regulations and standards and if your "being yourself" clashes against them you'll find yourself unwelcome. This is not a fault of the community, especially one with a carefully written and openly displayed set of rules that you must agree with at the moment of joining as it's the case with Internet forums.

You claim not to be new to the Internet, yet you seem to ignore one of the online forums' most elementary and ages-old established rules: do not necro threads or posts. Sure, we may do it accidentally from time time (I know I have); the true fault is to take offence when the other members point it and then -soon after- do it again (and then take even more offense when you're asked not to. Again.)

Also, while it's not a written rule, I'm pretty sure it falls under the "common sense" category not to dig for academic-grade literary offensive tone apparently interwoven in the few words of other members' replies to you. I cannot for life of me find a negative tone in most of the replies made to you, while your own replies have been openly antagonistic. I'm pretty sure that if you check the board for a while, you'll see that no "newbie" is ever treated differently or condescendingly by the members of this board. You are the one victimizing yourself and in the process, generating actual negative sentiments against you.

Cannot you please just drop the "this forum this" and "these members that" and talk about anime while following the not-particularly-hard rules that this and 99% of other online forums have? I'm positive that if you do so, we can all forget this little bad first acquaintance and enjoy ourselves, you and us. I look forward to it.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby cyberpunk otaku » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:17 pm

[quote="Maokun (post: 1529108)"]As noble and nonconformist as that may sound, the truth is that all communities have regulations and standards and if your "being yourself" clashes against them you'll find yourself unwelcome. This is not a fault of the community, especially one with a carefully written and openly displayed set of rules that you must agree with at the moment of joining as it's the case with Internet forums.

You claim not to be new to the Internet, yet you seem to ignore one of the online forums' most elementary and ages-old established rules: do not necro threads or posts. Sure, we may do it accidentally from time time (I know I have)]

I don't like your manner of addressing me. I've moved on from this thread, its off topic, so if you want to speak to me, please do so on my who's who or in private messaging. Sorry for the disruption to the thread.
cyberpunk otaku

Postby blkmage » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:39 am

Sakamichi no Apollon

Josei, jazz, Watanabe Shinichiro
blkmage

Postby Maokun » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 am

"Josei, jazz, Watanabe Shinichiro"

"Josei, [SIZE="4"]jazz[/SIZE], Watanabe Shinichiro"

"Josei, [SIZE="4"]jazz[/SIZE], [SIZE="7"]Watanabe Shinichiro[/SIZE]" *spitstea*

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
Maokun

Postby blkmage » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 am

just found out:

AND YOKO KANNO
blkmage

Postby Falx » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Falx

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:24 pm

To the 4 above posts, my reaction: WANT to WATCH. WANT to WATCH! MUST watch! MUST watch!!!!
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Neane » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Must Watch Apollon.
Neane

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:41 pm

If this show does not get a simulcast, then we are truly surrounded by fools.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Falx » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:36 am

It's times like this that I wished I could force myself to like jazz so that I can be as excited as everyone else.

Falx

Postby Neane » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:51 am

Falx (post: 1529817) wrote:It's times like this that I wished I could force myself to like jazz so that I can be as excited as everyone else.

I believe that you are an alien along with blkmage. That would explain everything.
Neane

Postby Maokun » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 am

Falx (post: 1529817) wrote:It's times like this that I wished I could force myself to like jazz so that I can be as excited as everyone else.

If the fine, precise, scalpel-like class and style of Sinichiro Watanabe cannot cure such a gruesome deviancy, nothing will.

Maokun

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:58 am

I have a hunch that the frequency and emphasis of the elements in this show will be approximate to those of, say, Cross Game. In other words, is Cross game *about* baseball? Sure, yeah; but, it is a very fine side dish to the main course (dem relationships). You do not have to like baseball to enjoy Cross Game. I believe the same may be true for jazz and Apollon.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:05 am

Nakamura Kenji presents Tsuritama.
blkmage

Postby MasterDias » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 am

blkmage (post: 1530981) wrote:Nakamura Kenji presents Tsuritama.

Fishing?
Well, that's new. I didn't think I could actually be surprised by an anime's subject matter.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Sci-fi....fishing.....? Oh well, why not? XD

I'm curious, though the premise is pretty strange to me. Sounds interesting, to say the least! :)
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby blkmage » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:37 pm

It can't be worse than his macroeconomics anime.
blkmage

Postby Neane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Neane

Postby Atria35 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Neane (post: 1531726) wrote:New TV Series of Saint Seiya Announced!

I have a friend who will be on this like peanut butter on a pb&banana sandwich.
Atria35

Postby Maokun » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Hrm... I normally would be on it like Atria's friend, but I'm distrustful of this non-canonical stuff... for a second there, I was hoping that Kurumada had finally decided to go ahead with a "tenkai" arc, but no :(

Also, I just read there about an upcoming 3DCG Saint Seiya movie! I initially raised an eyebrow but the teaser image looks really cool!

Maokun

Postby Neane » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:36 am

Neane

Postby Falx » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 am

J.C. Staff animating a harem show? I am the shock.

Falx

Postby Neane » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Neane

Postby blkmage » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Glad to see they're keeping the visual novel cast. I have no idea who ixtl are supposed to be, but it seems like they're affiliated with âge, which looks like a good sign.

I have no idea if Total Eclipse is supposed to be any good, but I'll take whatever I can get of more Muv-Luv.
blkmage

Postby Agloval » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm terribly afraid that they might use poorly-integrated CG for the robots. (Well-integrated CG would be fine, but.)

Also I've sort of pencilled in working my way through Muv-Luv as something to do this summer if I have any spare time (hah hah). That might delay me trying Total Eclipse, even though apparently it's a side story.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby Maokun » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Neane (post: 1534236) wrote:Also, Charlie Brown Anime

When you though that nothing could surprise you anymore...

Also, go vote, Neane! >_<

Maokun

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews