New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Neane » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:56 am

Juliannesan (post: 1522142) wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ObdlLp7gkYA
Trailer to the new Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie! :D

See this thread.. Plus, tis not anime.
Neane

Postby blkmage » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:57 am

Presented without comment: http://eurekaao-prj.net/

Spring 2012
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:24 am

Well, I, uh, well.

2012 is certainly going to be an interesting year.

EDIT: Oh that is not Eureka, this suddenly has much higher potential.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Vii » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:15 pm

The werewolf movie looks cool. The little girl in the pink dress looks a lot like me. ^_^
Vii

Postby Neane » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Interesting.... they are going to milk Eureka 7.
Neane

Postby MasterDias » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:24 pm

Yeah, Eureka 7 sequel came out of left field. I'm not sure anyone was expecting it. I generally enjoyed the first series, but it took a long time to really get going.

Spring is starting to look fairly interesting, at least to me. A couple series I was reading as manga have anime scheduled around then, and it seems like there has been quite a few announcements within the last few weeks in fairly rapid succession.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Neane » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:03 pm

MasterDias (post: 1523106) wrote:and it seems like there has been quite a few announcements within the last few weeks in fairly rapid succession.

And the best one yet is that the same guy who made Pale Cocoon and Eve no Jikan is going to make another anime movie called "Sakasama no Patema".
Neane

Postby Mike123123 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:22 pm

as ive only seen a few episodes of Eureka 7 i cannot say whether ill be exited for its return or not,

but what i am exited about is season 4 of zero no tsukaima coming out january, although season 4 of shakugan no shana so far is a let down
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
-John 3:16
Mike123123

Postby blkmage » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Looks like KyoAni's got another project, an adaptation of the light novel Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!.
blkmage

Postby Neane » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:55 pm

blkmage (post: 1524478) wrote:Looks like KyoAni's got another project, an adaptation of the light novel Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!.

Interesting. This, however, interests me more:

Arve Rezzle

Target audience: Seinen
Production Year: 2012
Broadcast season: Summer

(Plot-wise, it might be like Ghost in the Shell in many ways.)
Neane

Postby Neane » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:40 am

The Trailer for the upcoming Jormungand anime has just been released.

(If you liked the Black Lagoon anime, you will like the Jormungand anime when it comes out.)
Also, the staff looks great!
Neane

Postby blkmage » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:47 pm

In New Year's announcements, we have Urobuchi mentioning on twitter that his new project starts airing in fall 2012, the final Rebuild of Evangelion movie will be in theatres in 2013, and the English title for Q Quickening is YOU CAN (NOT) REDO.
blkmage

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Recorder to Randoseru

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Neane » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 am

Neane

Postby AnimeGirl » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:03 am

Neane (post: 1526359) wrote:Dropping this here.

I'm curious as to what the new series shall be!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Neane » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Neane

Postby Wolf-man » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:55 am

New movie from Mamoru Hosoda? I am now officially freaking excited for 2012 anime. It is just a shame I will have to wait a while someone to sub it.
Wolf-man

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Does anyone else find it strange that a couple of months ago, Funimation and NicoNico formed an alliance that was meant to TAKE OVER and have CrunchyRoll "shaking in their boots," but the mighty Funico picked up as many winter shows to stream as CAA?
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby MasterDias » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what's up with that. I can see them picking up Aquarion EVOL sooner or later, but otherwise the new shows have been pretty much picked over with Crunchyroll/Sentai/Viz grabbing most of the shows I'd expect Funimation to actually be interested in.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Neane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Neane

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Finally, a trailer for Ame & Yuki (the werewolf anime movie)
Atria35

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Words.

They can't describe how excited I am about this movie.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Maokun » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:22 pm

I made a thread solely for this movie but it fell by the roadside, unnoticed :/

Yay for the trailer!

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby cyberpunk otaku » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 pm

blkmage (post: 1317205) wrote:Many of you will be happy to learn that the team of Serial Experiments Lain is being put to work again, this time on an anime called Despera (で]http://i44.tinypic.com/5ur2af.jpg[/img]

Links: moetron, Alice6, Chiaki J. Konaka's web

Beautiful picture! :) Have they finished it yet?
[font="Century Gothic"]Your silence is not an answer.
Onishi, Texhonlyze[/font]
cyberpunk otaku

Postby Crossfire » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:55 pm

cyberpunk otaku (post: 1528837) wrote:Beautiful picture! :) Have they finished it yet?

*Sigh*

I know you're new here and all, but please read the dates of the posts you are replying to. Secondly, Google is your friend.
Crossfire

Postby cyberpunk otaku » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Crossfire (post: 1528888) wrote:*Sigh*

I know you're new here and all, but please read the dates of the posts you are replying to. Secondly, Google is your friend.

Ok I've had enough.
A. 98% of the people here are rude.
B. they're young
C. I read everything
D. I'm looking for conversation

If you're looking for someone to pick on, take it somewhere else. I'm not new to the Internet.
cyberpunk otaku

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Despera was put on hold -early- last year, unfortunately. There has been no news since about it. The manga that was supposed to come over didn't, either.

I think part of why you're seeing annoyed (or slightly irritated) posts is because gravedigs bring up a lot of information that people aren't currently looking for. It may be an interesting topic, but threads tend to die very quickly around here, and people also come and go- a lot of the people you're replying to haven't been around in years. Usually, in a thread this big, it's best to stick to the last two pages of information, because those contain what's going to be relevant to the current anime seasons.
Atria35

Postby Crossfire » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:25 pm

My intention wasn't to sound like a total jerk, I guess I should have made that more clear. Anyways, Atrira nailed it in regards to post dates.
Crossfire

Postby cyberpunk otaku » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Atria35 (post: 1528891) wrote:Despera was put on hold -early- last year, unfortunately. There has been no news since about it. The manga that was supposed to come over didn't, either.

I think part of why you're seeing annoyed (or slightly irritated) posts is because gravedigs bring up a lot of information that people aren't currently looking for. It may be an interesting topic, but threads tend to die very quickly around here, and people also come and go- a lot of the people you're replying to haven't been around in years. Usually, in a thread this big, it's best to stick to the last two pages of information, because those contain what's going to be relevant to the current anime seasons.

Thanks for your respectful tone. I had started a thread on Texhnolyze but got moderated because I used some words to describe that trip filters so I figured I'd be better off tagging on to someone else's old discussion. Apparently that didn't work out either. Seems there's a lot of unwritten rules around here...

I already knew it had been put on hold because of the death of someone that was working on. That's why I was kind of shocked to see this thread. One thing I've learned about this board in the past 2 days is that some people seem to assume a newcomer has an inferior intelligence quotient. Its kind of tedious.
cyberpunk otaku

Postby Falx » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 pm

The main problem is you're trying to derive tone from something as bland as text. It's borderline impossible, I think if you give people the benefit of the doubt you'll find that in nearly every case they were not being at all condescending or snarky.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews