New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Neane » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Why all the hate to Mirai Nikki?
Neane

Postby blkmage » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:09 pm

AKB48 is getting an anime. That's all that needs to be said, really.

Oh and I guess Kawamori is directing it and Okada Mari is writing it.
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 pm

TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:24 pm

While that is super hilarious and I await Koike doing his Koike thing, Koike actually started out writing shoujo manga which is even more hilarious.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby blkmage » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Magical girls and engineering? That sounds surefine.
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:34 pm

EDIT: This post is inappropriate, so I apologize.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:09 am

Sure, let's green light a magical girl project by the creator of Offered, Wounded Man and Starving Man.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:20 am

Actually, based on what I hear about Urubochi's visual novels(and reading what was censored in that last episode of F/Z), that sounds roughly the same amount of whaaaaaaat content, though Urubochi is definitely a better writer(and has more violence instead of Koike's large amounts of sex and nudity, though it still has some of that). It will probably be trash like Koike's other things, but it will still be a very interesting piece of trash to see.

Did I miss something in the article saying it would be an anime, because as far as I know Koike only does manga.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:29 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1515000) wrote:Actually, based on what I hear about Urubochi's visual novels(and reading what was censored in that last episode of F/Z), that sounds roughly the same amount of whaaaaaaat content, though Urubochi is definitely a better writer(and has more violence instead of Koike's large amounts of sex and nudity, though it still has some of that). It will probably be trash like Koike's other things, but it will still be a very interesting piece of trash to see.

Did I miss something in the article saying it would be an anime, because as far as I know Koike only does manga.
I guess the level of violence that it takes to make me squeamish is much higher than the level of [s]sex and nudity[/s] rape and various other forms of sexual abuse. So, in my mind anyway, it would take a lot to make Koike and Urubochi equivalent, though it's certainly possible.

Oh...you're right. I think this is a manga. Whoops. I guess, in my head, I was like "article on anime news network, Madoka Magica = anime project."
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:44 am

TheSubtleDoctor (post: 1515001) wrote:I guess the level of violence that it takes to make me squeamish is much higher than the level of [s]sex and nudity[/s] rape and various other forms of sexual abuse. So, in my mind anyway, it would take a lot to make Koike and Urubochi equivalent, though it's certainly possible.
Well, while I can agree that I am the same with the first statement, Urubochi definitely has both that level of violence(censorship in last Fate/Zero episode) and the rape and other forms of sexual abuse.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1515003) wrote: Urubochi has the same level of violence and the rape and other forms of sexual abuse.

This I agree with.

I still hope that Koike will make an excellent story of Magical Girls.
Neane

Postby blkmage » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:46 am

With more people becoming aware of Urobuchi through stuff like F/Z and Madoka, I think it's easy to overlook the fact that his claim to fame is writing eroge in which terrible things happen to people.
blkmage

Postby Neane » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:53 am

blkmage (post: 1515016) wrote:With more people becoming aware of Urobuchi through stuff like F/Z and Madoka, I think it's easy to overlook the fact that his claim to fame is writing eroge in which terrible things happen to people.

VERY, VERY TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN TO PEOPLE.
Neane

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:38 am

TheSubtleDoctor wrote:Expect a sequel to Tiger and Bunny
MAL News wrote:According to Dengeki Online, two movies of Tiger and Bunny [were] announced at a live event held in Yokohama on November 13th. They will be premiered in 2012.
Source

Dunno if these will be compilation movies or actual sequels, but I'm just happy more T&B is coming down the pike.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:08 am

I said I wasn't really down for more Tiger and Bunny, but that was only really for a TV anime. I forgot that they also make movies over there and I'm much more on board for movies.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:05 am

In an interesting move, Kyoto Animation announces a TV anime that is not Little Busters! and is actually a mystery light novel from 2001, titled Hyouka. Rumour has it that a Little Busters! anime is being shopped around though, but that Kyoto Animation is not going to be producing it because of scheduling constraints. In tangentially related news, the Little Busters! visual novel fan translation is nearing completion.
blkmage

Postby MasterDias » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Yeah, there were rumors and such that it was going to be a Zeregoto adaptation...so interesting that it's actually something fairly unknown, although I believe the author has won some awards or something.

And of course, there is always complaining that it isn't Haruhi/Little Busters/Full Metal Panic. Man, some people just can't be satisfied.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Neane » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 pm

TV Anime of Light novel 'Campione!' Announced.

Synopsis:
A harem love comedy plus magic battles. Kusanagi Godo is a 16-year-old high school boy, who once killed the god "Verethragna" and acquired the title of "Campione (god killer)" when he was 15. Erica Brandelli is a 16-year-old Italian girl, who is a "Great Knight" of the magic society "Bronze Black Cross" and had fought together with Godo to defeat Verethragna. Godo doesn't like fighting but his title of "Campione" makes him get involved in battles against other Campiones and uncontrollable gods.

Neane

Postby blkmage » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:54 am

Some of you may be interested in learning that a new movie, Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, will be in Japanese theatres in July 2012. It is about a girl who falls in love with a werewolf and they end up having a family. They live in the city for a while and then werewolf dad dies, so they move to the country.

Directed and staffed by some guys who worked on some movies.
Director and Original Work: Hosoda Mamoru
Script: Okudera Satoko
Character Design: Sadamoto Yoshiyuki
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:50 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This sums up only a very small fraction of how I feel about this.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Finally, a werewolf anime.
Neane

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Sounds interesting! I wonder if it will be sad.... It looks like it's going to be sad. Normally, when I think werewovles, I think action but.....
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby Falx » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

I guess this is the closest I'll get to seeing how Spice & Wolf ends.

And Summer Wars guy? Nice!
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby MasterDias » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:10 pm

So, it turns out that when Shoji Kawamori does an AKB48 anime, he doesn't just do an AKB48 anime...he does a POST-APOCALYPTIC SCI-FI GUERILLA JPOP ENTERTAINMENT IS SRS BZNS AKB48 anime.

Coming from the creator of Macross, I probably should have known better. Never change, Kawamori. Never change.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby blkmage » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:14 pm

My immediate reaction was 'sounds like Xenoglossia'.
blkmage

Postby Winry » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:43 pm

The werewolf anime movie sounds pretty interesting.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Falx (post: 1521369) wrote:I guess this is the closest I'll get to seeing how Spice & Wolf ends.
Well, there's always the novels. :) (Though, judging by Yen Press' release schedule, it looks like it'll be quite a while... :sweat:)

As for the werewolf movie (by the director of Summer Wars!? :jump:), you can also count me as very much interested!
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Neane » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Falx (post: 1521369) wrote:I guess this is the closest I'll get to seeing how Spice & Wolf ends.

Neane

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 pm

MasterDias (post: 1521377) wrote:So, it turns out that when Shoji Kawamori does an AKB48 anime, he doesn't just do an AKB48 anime...he does a POST-APOCALYPTIC SCI-FI GUERILLA JPOP ENTERTAINMENT IS SRS BZNS AKB48 anime.

Coming from the creator of Macross, I probably should have known better. Never change, Kawamori. Never change.
Sounds like the best thing of the year before it's even started.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Juliannesan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ObdlLp7gkYA
Trailer to the new Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie! :D
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews