What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:34 pm

I currently watched Sailor Moon Crystal episode 17. I can't wait for the next episode.
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby skreyola » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:14 pm

MangaRocks! wrote:
skreyola wrote:Finished The World is Still Beautiful. Kind of a disappointing ending. I was hoping they would SPOILER: Highlight text to read: get married in the end. All the same, the shadows from the rain on her face in the last episode were awesome. Such attention to detail. It was gorgeous.

^ That's because the manga's still ongoing. :)

Okay, but the final two episodes were strongly hinting that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: their desire for each other would finally be satisfied, so when that didn't happen...
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:43 pm

After finally getting back from vacay, I watched episodes 17 and 18 of Ouran HSHC. I think I really like Kyoya...(but Tamaki is still my fav cause he's so funny) <3 And I don't really see much resemblance between Honey and Chika... not looking forward to the next episode (I hate that Zuka club), but these two were great.
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Just saw episode 19. Meh, too much of the Zuka club and more than I'd like of Haruhi's weird father. But-

That banana peel monkey RETURNS! XD

On to the next one.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:19 pm

And now just saw episode 20. That was... beautiful. Especially how it was showing everyone at the same place before they ALL knew each other. Poor twins, I do like them(just not their act). (also, I like Kaoru better)

NekoNinja16

Postby alma » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:28 pm

NekoNinja16 wrote:And now just saw episode 20. That was... beautiful. Especially how it was showing everyone at the same place before they ALL knew each other. Poor twins, I do like them(just not their act). (also, I like Kaoru better)

I agree with you, NekoNinja16, it is an eye opening episode concerning the twins. OHHC is one of my favorites anime because it lead me to read its interesting manga.

This week I just conclude watching Psycho Pass (really liked it), and finish re-watching another one of my favorite: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Now I guess I will go back and finish Sekirei-Pure engagement.....which I just want to finish because it sometimes gets too heavy for me regarding the fan service and some suggestive themes. But I find the plot interesting.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby NekoNinja16 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:32 am

alma wrote:
NekoNinja16 wrote:And now just saw episode 20. That was... beautiful. Especially how it was showing everyone at the same place before they ALL knew each other. Poor twins, I do like them(just not their act). (also, I like Kaoru better)

I agree with you, NekoNinja16, it is an eye opening episode concerning the twins. OHHC is one of my favorites anime because it lead me to read its interesting manga.

Yeah, I'm reading the manga now too. So far it repeats a lot of the show, but I know that's normal. (I watched Special A and read through its manga as well) I can also kind of understand the twins, because me and my brother haven't really had friends (besides each other)either. (we still knew more people than the twins of course)

NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:18 pm

And now I just saw episode 21, which I was iffy on watching cause it's a halloween episode. It was okay I guess, I'd be like the class representative in that situation. XD But seriously, dang it, Kaoru, stop bringing me to tears. ;_; And dang it, Hikaru, don't be a perv. D:< Poor Tamaki. XD

NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:35 am

Just saw episodes 23 and 24. 24 was adorable(aside from rather common swearing),it finally had some more Kyoya backstory, especially with him and Tamaki becoming friends(which I was totally waiting for). X3 And regarding 23, I can't believe Tamaki is still that dense. XD And every time I see poor Kaoru I wanna hug him. >v<

NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:08 am

Just saw episode 25 of Ouran as well. (so sad I'm near the end! DX) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: 1: Tamaki's grandmother is a witch. -_- (not literally of course, but just as bad) 2: I want to hit Eclair with a truck. 3: Kyoya's father also needs to be hit with a truck(but a slightly smaller one). 4: I was almost in tears (yet again) because of Tamaki's family's story... what his father did wasn't right, but what happened before wasn't right either. I hate those arranged, controlled marriages. Oh, almost forgot, Tamaki's grandmother should also be hit by a truck. :P

NekoNinja16

Postby Cat96 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Yona of the Dawn episode 22 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh my freaking goodness, that episode was so epic! Seriously, when Kumuji sensed bloodlust and saw Yona with bow in hand with an arrow pointed straight towards him.... that nearly gave me a heart attack from how scary and epic It was. I think Jea-ha owes her a thank you. if she hadn't shot when she did, he would likely not be alive right now. I think her friends realized never to underestimate her. Also, those fight scenes were AMAZING! I've also labeled Jea-ha as this anime's official "pervert" which I tend to see in quite a few anime. I had a major facepalm when he did that. Also glad Gigan didn't die. I was seriously afraid of her dying, despite of how awesomely strong she is. And the ending.... SERIOUSLY? I accidently got spoiled on the Yona encountering Swo-won at Awa, but I didn't think it was going to happen so soon! Seriously, another cliffhanger? This show has been full of cliffhangers. Now I must wait another whole week before I see what happens. Things are about to get even more interesting. With only a few episodes left, anyone hoping for season 2?

My anime-hating sister is home from college. She must think I'm crazy since I kept clapping and cheering during the episode. xD

:rant:
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Finally watching my Engaged to the Unidentified BD, but the subtitles can't be turned off. This genuinely upsets me, especially when I'm realizing I'm largely understanding the characters without them. They're distracting and a temptation to not learn.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Midori » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Finally watching my Engaged to the Unidentified BD, but the subtitles can't be turned off. This genuinely upsets me, especially when I'm realizing I'm largely understanding the characters without them. They're distracting and a temptation to not learn.

I totally understand how that is, being a fellow Japanese-learner. Try looking on your BD player's remote for a button that cycles through subtitles. That should let you turn them off even if there's no disk menu for it. That is, unless the subtitles are burned directly onto the video, which is a little unusual, but not unheard of. Apologies if you already tried that.
Midori

Postby skreyola » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:54 pm

Cat96 wrote:Yona of the Dawn episode 22 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh my freaking goodness, that episode was so epic! Seriously, when Kumuji sensed bloodlust and saw Yona with bow in hand with an arrow pointed straight towards him.... that nearly gave me a heart attack from how scary and epic It was. I think Jea-ha owes her a thank you. if she hadn't shot when she did, he would likely not be alive right now. I think her friends realized never to underestimate her. Also, those fight scenes were AMAZING! I've also labeled Jea-ha as this anime's official "pervert" which I tend to see in quite a few anime. I had a major facepalm when he did that. Also glad Gigan didn't die. I was seriously afraid of her dying, despite of how awesomely strong she is. And the ending.... SERIOUSLY? I accidently got spoiled on the Yona encountering Swo-won at Awa, but I didn't think it was going to happen so soon! Seriously, another cliffhanger? This show has been full of cliffhangers. Now I must wait another whole week before I see what happens. Things are about to get even more interesting. With only a few episodes left, anyone hoping for season 2?

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the episode. I got to the end reveal and, while I totally saw it coming that something would happen, I was very surprised to see SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Su-yon there. Why was he there? Fortunately (and I wonder why they didn't use this in the ship fight), the dragons can sense their mistress (as established by Je-ah's ducking out of meeting her before), so they can follow wherever she gets taken. Yona can make a heart shot from a boat on the high seas. She's a prodigy. Also, while I hope he's dead and Yona has gotten her first kill, I don't see any blood on him.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ep. 1 - So, uh, yeah. Suffice it to say, I'm not seeing the appeal, yet. Not dropping it, but not loving it, either. Probably the only reason is that I don't know what the deal is with the mask, yet. So far, my favorite character is the girl, so, meh.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby NekoNinja16 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:20 am

I just watched the last episode of Ouran High School Host Club. That was beautiful. The whole series is so amazing. I didn't like the parts with bad stuff(Zuka club, Haruhi's father, twins' act), but overall, the show was totally worth it. I'm still sad that was the last of those beautifully done episodes, but at least I still have a lot of the manga to look forward to. It won't be the same, but I just love how I can hear their voices when reading. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I loved that Mori and Honey went all out on those guards. When the guards appeared, I was just waiting for Honey and Mori to attack them. And I noticed how they had the twins drive the carriage, right by all those pumpkins, referencing what Kaoru was thinking about in that one episode. I do love those twins. And honestly, I could have hit Eclair with a truck several times. At the end they show she's not pure evil, but seriously, that's NOT how you get a guy. Forcing him to marry you through riches (and otherwise) is just evil, I don't care how much you like him. Especially making him cut off communication with people he actually cares about deeply. (which she is not one of) I think I'm done ranting. XD

NekoNinja16

Postby Cat96 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:55 pm

skreyola wrote:
Cat96 wrote:Yona of the Dawn episode 22 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh my freaking goodness, that episode was so epic! Seriously, when Kumuji sensed bloodlust and saw Yona with bow in hand with an arrow pointed straight towards him.... that nearly gave me a heart attack from how scary and epic It was. I think Jea-ha owes her a thank you. if she hadn't shot when she did, he would likely not be alive right now. I think her friends realized never to underestimate her. Also, those fight scenes were AMAZING! I've also labeled Jea-ha as this anime's official "pervert" which I tend to see in quite a few anime. I had a major facepalm when he did that. Also glad Gigan didn't die. I was seriously afraid of her dying, despite of how awesomely strong she is. And the ending.... SERIOUSLY? I accidently got spoiled on the Yona encountering Swo-won at Awa, but I didn't think it was going to happen so soon! Seriously, another cliffhanger? This show has been full of cliffhangers. Now I must wait another whole week before I see what happens. Things are about to get even more interesting. With only a few episodes left, anyone hoping for season 2?

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the episode. I got to the end reveal and, while I totally saw it coming that something would happen, I was very surprised to see SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Su-yon there. Why was he there? Fortunately (and I wonder why they didn't use this in the ship fight), the dragons can sense their mistress (as established by Je-ah's ducking out of meeting her before), so they can follow wherever she gets taken. Yona can make a heart shot from a boat on the high seas. She's a prodigy. Also, while I hope he's dead and Yona has gotten her first kill, I don't see any blood on him.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I thought he had sensed the other two dragons' presence and assumed that it was likely that Hiryu had returned and that's why he avoided being near the other two dragons. I may need to rewatch a few of the earlier episodes in this arc. I also may need to rewatch the Swo-won episodes, but I remember him being in the Earth Clan territory last time we saw him. I don't remember if he returned to the palace after that. I think the Port of Awa is in Earth Clan territory, if I recall correctly. Also as for Kumiji's death, I have a feeling that he'll come back if he managed to survive, though that possibility is very unlikely. I do wish they recovered his body just to make 100% sure of his death. Either way, that shot was pure epicness.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby skreyola » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Emma ep. 10 - Awesome. Looks like there'll be a proper ending ( SPOILER: Highlight text to read: unless something happens to her on the way to the meeting *gasp*).
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Rolarin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:14 pm

I'm playing through Fate/Stay right now. It's awesome! :)
Rolarin

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:46 am

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episode 57 - SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Let me just say that Father makes a much better villain than Dante did.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: um...wow. I'm not entirely sure what I just watched...Armstrong is creepy as heck. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: All I can say is, if he came barging into my room with that face, and then tore his shirt off...I'd kill him.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby skreyola » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:47 pm

Finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Can't say that any of it was very surprising. Or very satisfying. As always, the music was gorgeous, the visuals stunning, and the emotions an intense roller coaster. I'm kind of disappointed that the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: underwater piano just evaporated fairly early in the series with no gradual improvement or reflection on its absence. It was like the writer just got tired of dealing with it and fixed it too quickly. Also kind of disappointed there was no hug/kiss at the end. And telepathy/ghostly letter narration bit was kind of weird. The show was overall well done. They obviously put a lot of budget into the last episode's visuals. But the thing that lowered my score for this show was that it kept taking me places I still don't think I wanted to go. And it just left me feeling frustrated.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:33 am

Finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I don’t say this lightly, but I think it’s my new favorite anime, and by far the most exciting and consistently good anime I’ve seen. One day I’d like to write up a long compare and contrast between FMA:B and the first show; and I don’t feel that Brotherhood is better in every way than the 2003 anime, but, overall, Brotherhood is better imo.

It would be difficult for me to recommend one over the other; because, though they start out similar, they become two complete different shows with completely differently vibes to them.

Favorite Characters: Roy Mustang, Edward Elric, Von Hohenheim, King Bradley, Greed

Hughes would be listed with my favorites if I was listing my favorites from both shows, but SPOILER: Highlight text to read: unfortunately, he doesn’t get anywhere near the time in Brotherhood that he got in the 2003 anime.

Art/Visuals: 7/10
Story: 10/10
Characters: 10/10
Enjoyment: 9.5/10
Overall: 9.5/10

Wolfsong wrote:Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: um...wow. I'm not entirely sure what I just watched...Armstrong is creepy as heck.

lol, Armstrong is...different, but he's awesome!
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby scribbledreamer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:14 pm

skreyola wrote:Finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Can't say that any of it was very surprising. Or very satisfying. As always, the music was gorgeous, the visuals stunning, and the emotions an intense roller coaster. I'm kind of disappointed that the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: underwater piano just evaporated fairly early in the series with no gradual improvement or reflection on its absence. It was like the writer just got tired of dealing with it and fixed it too quickly. Also kind of disappointed there was no hug/kiss at the end. And telepathy/ghostly letter narration bit was kind of weird. The show was overall well done. They obviously put a lot of budget into the last episode's visuals. But the thing that lowered my score for this show was that it kept taking me places I still don't think I wanted to go. And it just left me feeling frustrated.

I see what you mean with SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the underwater piano. Didn't really remember that until you mentioned it, but it definitely would have been nice to see more of it. As far as the ghostly letter, I thought it was kind of weird, too, but after re-watching the scene it seems to me like he's just imagining that conversation with her. The scenes where she says she loves him are shots that we've already seen from earlier episodes. It's as if, on discovering that she's loved him all along, he imagined her saying it in the mundane moments of their lives. I dunno, I could be totally off-base with that, though. :P
I loved the show. The story was beautiful, and I was impressed at the character development. It didn't really pull any punches, which was nice to see. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (I was wondering if the surgery was going to work, and was honestly kind of hoping it didn't. Kousei almost went back-sliding into his state at the beginning of the show, but the fact that he was able to move on really completed the circle of the story. I loved the narration of the last scene where he talks about spring, the season when he met her - the season where he found color and hope again. And she's gone...but spring is still coming. He's accepted that. And I thought it was beautiful.
scribbledreamer

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Watched Gugure Kokkuri-san recently. What a cute, delightful little show. The jokes about the men/animal spirits living with Kohina being lolicon were among the only objectionable things in the show.

Kantai Collection 8: because even the moeboats anime needs a beach fan service episode. The Nagato squirrel incident made it almost worth it.

Mullet Death

Postby Cat96 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Yona of the Dawn episode 23. I can't believe there's only one more episode. There MUST be another season!!! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Swo-won's reason for being in Awa was just as I predicted. I mean, why else would he go to an unstable Earth Clan port? I really hope he finds out that Yona killed Kumaji soon, can't wait to see his reaction. I just love how gray this show is. Its hard to completely hate him. He is doing good as king, but the way he achieved the throne was wrong. We still don't know all the details behind his father's death, and that seems to be a part of his motive for doing that. I have a feeling that there's more to this than what is currently known. For all we know, King II could've killed Yuhon. If he did, what reason would he have? What are Swo-won's plans?

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Seeing Yona act all happy to mask her shock and confusion... it was truly sad. Also, seeing her say good bye to Gigan was sad too. Yun and Kija crying too was pretty funny. Yun's such a softie. xD So adorable, and the you can't forget the squirrel. Ao has been so cute lately. I also loved the townpeoples' reaction to hearing that Yona was the one that killed Kumaji. I bet it was pretty hard for them to believe it. I found it even funnier when Jae-ha was following the group without Yona noticing and Shin-ah cut down the tree where he was hiding. xD That must've hurt. I found it rather ironic, but not surprising (heck, I was expecting), that he asked to join her group. Also, according to the preview, the yellow dragon is coming in the next episode! This next week will kill me. D: Again, there has to be another season... and a DVD release.
Cat96

Postby alma » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:07 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:Finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I don’t say this lightly, but I think it’s my new favorite anime, and by far the most exciting and consistently good anime I’ve seen. One day I’d like to write up a long compare and contrast between FMA:B and the first show; and I don’t feel that Brotherhood is better in every way than the 2003 anime, but, overall, Brotherhood is better imo.

It would be difficult for me to recommend one over the other; because, though they start out similar, they become two complete different shows with completely differently vibes to them.

Favorite Characters: Roy Mustang, Edward Elric, Von Hohenheim, King Bradley, Greed

Hughes would be listed with my favorites if I was listing my favorites from both shows, but SPOILER: Highlight text to read: unfortunately, he doesn’t get anywhere near the time in Brotherhood that he got in the 2003 anime.

Art/Visuals: 7/10
Story: 10/10
Characters: 10/10
Enjoyment: 9.5/10
Overall: 9.5/10

Wolfsong wrote:Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: um...wow. I'm not entirely sure what I just watched...Armstrong is creepy as heck.

lol, Armstrong is...different, but he's awesome!

I completely agree with you about your opinions on both Fullmetal Alchemist anime. I have watched both and I just finished re-watching, about two weeks ago, for second time. Brotherhood. I also have as my favorite character Lt. Hughes, therefore I strongly share your comment about it. My other favorite characters are Riza Hawkeye, Greed, May.
This anime is for me is the best one I have ever seen, I always include it on the list of must-watch to anyone that ask. It is well-rounded and seems to not let any of its arcs unfinished.

Now for WHAT anime I am currently watching?: Knights of Sidonia. I have no idea if this series can be considered anime, but either way I am enjoying it. Reminds me of so many different Sci-fi stories/movies. The art work is very detailed, maybe even CGA, not sure. It is a griping story specially for people that enjoy Sci-fi.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Finally finished Mirai Nikki. Way better than I thought it was going to be. I really like what they said about Yukki and Yuno's relationship in the end.

DRRRX2 - I waited on this one for a while because I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, but so far so good.

Code Geass - Look at those CLAMP designs and their silly legs.

Inuyasha - Started watching this shortly after beginning Mirai Nikki, just because I needed something happy and bright in contrast. But I'm actually really into it so far :) pretty surprising.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:34 pm

One Piece Episode 621: Oh, WOW. I'm almost caught up with this anime. Binged last night and got through most of a recent arc. Pretty intense stuff. This arc's bigshot villian, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Caesar, ties with Arlong for the most despicable, genuinely evil character around. He deserved everything Luffy dished out and then some. I hope Law's plan to kidnap him works out. Guess I'll find out soon. Hmmm, when I'm caught up, I'll have no choice but to finally put my Shonen Jump sub to good use and read the manga. I'm going to be reading and watching every ongoing series there is at this rate.

Mullet Death

Postby Kraavdran » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:17 am

I'm watching Fafner: Exodus. It has a great nostalgic feel because one of the first dozen anime I watched was the original series, Fafner: Dead Aggressor. Unless you have seen the original, I can't really recommend it. It is a sequel and does not take time to introduce the characters previously introduced in the original series.

Aldnoah Zero (season 2) is another show I'm watching. It is an original work (not based on a manga, light novel, or video game) and has some really cool concepts. My favorite is that it breaks the traditional "mecha" mold by making the main character have a really weak mech. He has to use his quick thinking and wit to combat the enemy. It also have some great character development, especially in this second season. I'm really excited to see how it will end.
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Absolutely agree about FMA: Brotherhood! ^_^ What I like to do is actually start with the first series and go until the part where it diverges from the manga, then switch over to the corresponding episode of Brotherhood and complete it that way. It's a little bit uneven because the first series was already hinting at the nature of the villains by that point, which is different from the way it is in Brotherhood, but I still think this is the ideal way to do it. The thing is, the beginning of the first series is much stronger in a lot of ways than the beginning of Brotherhood, but once the plot gets to Dublith Brotherhood gets waaaaaay better than the first series.

Anyway, I recently rewatched the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs. Augh, I always forget how sad they are.... T_T
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews