What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby artisticDreamer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Watched Kuroshitsuji eps 16-18.
artisticDreamer

Postby EventualDay » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Recently found out one of my best friends is a closet anime fan. Which means I now have, for the first time ever, someone I can discuss shows with in person instead of just online. :D :D :D Cannot properly express how happy I am.

Anyway, we watched Kuragehime/Princess Jellyfish together to celebrate. :)
EventualDay

Postby skreyola » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Log Horizon episode 16 - From the preview, I think SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the princess might be a Knight of Izumu. Glad to see Minori growing as a strategist. :)
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Nanatsu no Taizai episode 20

Kamisama Hajimemashita season 2 episode 8

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Fairy Tail 2015 Episode 45

I know it was just another stupid filler episode, but I was really grateful for an entire episode dedicated to Juvia! <3 lol, Juvia thought all the shipped couples were kissing, including Gajeel and Levy. XD

This slow-motion fan service during the credits the show's been doing lately is totally uncalled for though. >_<

EDIT: I loved that Juvia episode but I'm ready for canon episodes now, those last two were a bit much... >_> Gajeel in a Batman knock-off suit? Erza "fighting crime" in a Catwoman knock-off? Why?

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Sheenar » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:25 am

Just began watching Clannad at the recommendation of Mr. GoldenEagle. I am on episode 2.

The girl's family --XDD --that made me laugh --especially her father. I like this series so far. It's fun. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby skreyola » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Log Horizon ep. 20 - Shiroe woould be pretty cool even if SPOILER: Highlight text to read: his mind wasn't OP. He's just cast a world-class spell, rewriting the rules of the world with his pen. I hope he can keep it a secret, but... SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I think everyone saw that beacon... like the Seven Swell from E7. Have I mentioned I like this show a lot more than I could have expected to?
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Akatsuki no Yona ep21

Sanzoku no Musume Ronja ep 22

CinniScrib

Postby NekoNinja16 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:12 am

Ouran Highschool Host Club episode 10. This anime was very controversial for me to decide to watch or not, but I'm gonna keep going and do my best to ignore the bad stuff... I obviously didn't like Haruhi's father, but before that this episode was funny. XD
Just gonna stick a couple favorite quotes here.

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

"I would rather die as Blues than live forever as someone else." -Proto Man

Weird, they seem to be about dying. XD
NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:39 am

Just saw episode 11 as well. Kind of iffy cause of the guy from the black magic club...

"You can die at anytime. But living takes true courage. I'm living too, that I am. To repent for all the lives I took." -Kenshin Himura

NekoNinja16

Postby NekoNinja16 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:04 am

And then episode 12 of OHSHC. I actually really like this one, no offending material. (aside from the fact that cavities don't work like that XD)

NekoNinja16

Postby skreyola » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Didn't realize I'd gotten this far behind, but I watched episodes 17 and 18 of Shigatsu was Kimi no Uso tonight. Wow. This show is a love letter from the anime world to the world of Classical music. The songs are just gorgeous! Nagi is so SPOILER: Highlight text to read: precious the way she drops these double entendres and has no idea she said anything racy. Tsubaki is a little annoying with her wavering. People keep talking about Kaori's death flags. I half expect her to outlive them all, with how heavy they've been pushing the flags. But Kousei's right. He'd just be following after her yet again. Glad I still have another episode to watch before I will need to wait another week. Anyway, what happened with the Sleeping Beauty Waltz was so epic I gave that episode 5 stars.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Finished season 1 of Log Horizon. What a ride. Not sure I'll jump into Ssn 2, right away, but it was fun enough. The last several episodes were a little less fun than the ones before them, but still enjoyable. On the whole, a very good show.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby artisticDreamer » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Finished Kuroshitsuji. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm not going to watch season 2 anytime soon (I want to finish other stuff), but I want to know how Ciel lived...
artisticDreamer

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Started watching Kancolle. Had no idea what I was getting into. What? Just... what?

Mullet Death

Postby Kilvakar » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Just started watching the Eclipse Celestial Spirit arc of Fairy Tail, cause I was tired of waiting for the new dubbed episodes to come out, lol!

But Mullet, did you know that that the episode you mentioned earlier was actually in the manga?
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:41 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Started watching Kancolle. Had no idea what I was getting into. What? Just... what?

Yeah. it's something else isn't it. I might wind up going back for more than just the first ep at some point.
I did hear that the plot gets more serious than the setup would seem to suggest.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby skreyola » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Koufuku Graffiti Ep. 8 - Still an awful lot of SPOILER: Highlight text to read: foodie fanservice, but at least the handling of patterns was a lot better in this episode. That bento... I'm jealous.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Kilvakar wrote:Just started watching the Eclipse Celestial Spirit arc of Fairy Tail, cause I was tired of waiting for the new dubbed episodes to come out, lol!

But Mullet, did you know that that the episode you mentioned earlier was actually in the manga?

Which one, the one where Juvia was celebrating her "anniversary?" Really? ._. Was it one of those situations where it was just the front illustration to one of the chapters or something?

MomentOfInertia wrote: Yeah. it's something else isn't it. I might wind up going back for more than just the first ep at some point.
I did hear that the plot gets more serious than the setup would seem to suggest.
I actually believe you. But no matter how serious it tries to be, I'll probably still be laughing and/or throwing my arms up in the air at the absurdity of it all. On the other hand, absurdity isn't necessarily a bad thing I suppose. Just look at Gintama or FLCL. I'll see how it goes.

Mullet Death

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:59 am

Episode 19 of Clannad After Story. Man, episode 18 got me right in the feels.

I've actually cried several times so far in this series.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Cat96 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:34 pm

Yona of the Dawn episode 21 SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The pure awesomeness in this episode is undeniable. Even the evil lord who's name I can't spell was intimidated by Yona's Death Glare. Seriously, her glare is terrifying. At the end of the episode, I cheered because she managed to launch the firework and Shin-ah managed to see it, but I was also frustrated that there was another cliffhanger! Right after another. -_-
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby skreyola » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Sheenar wrote:I've actually cried several times so far in this series.

I am not the least bit surprised. Clannad: AS is a show that will tear out your heart and stomp on it, then pick it up, brush it off, and hand it back to you, then slap it out of your hand and stomp on it some more. Somewhat enjoyable, in a way, if you like that sort of show, but terribly painful, too.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Mullet Death wrote:
MomentOfInertia wrote: Yeah. it's something else isn't it. I might wind up going back for more than just the first ep at some point.
I actually believe you. But no matter how serious it tries to be, I'll probably still be laughing and/or throwing my arms up in the air at the absurdity of it all. On the other hand, absurdity isn't necessarily a bad thing I suppose. Just look at Gintama or FLCL. I'll see how it goes.

Just the concept of "srs moeboats" makes me smirk.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Kilvakar » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Which one, the one where Juvia was celebrating her "anniversary?" Really? ._. Was it one of those situations where it was just the front illustration to one of the chapters or something?

Actually, there was a whole special chapter on it :D That, and the "Fairy Woman" episode with Erza, lol!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:38 am

Aquarion Evol episode 17 - Okay, so I still like the characters allot, but this show is getting seriously bizarre.

Beyond the Boundary episode 8.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episode 45 - I've pretty much been binge watching this lately, and I gotta say, I think FMA:B is on its way to being my favorite anime.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Nocturnalux » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:41 am

MomentOfInertia wrote:
Mullet Death wrote:Started watching Kancolle. Had no idea what I was getting into. What? Just... what?

Yeah. it's something else isn't it. I might wind up going back for more than just the first ep at some point.

I suffered through the horror that was Ars Nova that also has sentient moeblob warships. That and harem vibes. So I am more than a bit wary of approaching Kancolle.

Currently going on a Saint Seiya binge, namely the Hades chapter and Lost Canvas. It's the first time I tackle a RAW series, no problems so far. It's about time I put my Japanese lessons to good use. So yes, those 80's hairdos are wonderful, the manly tears are back with a vengeance and I really like how the many representations of hell are mashed together. Spoilers for both SS series: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So Shun is the second coming of Hades? It makes sense that Alone should have been the 'original' Hades, then. As Hades is supposed to incarnate in the purest hearted boy in every age. Clearly Alone and Shun fit the bill. And speaking of Shun, it's about time his big brother appears. Ikki for the win, he makes the villains seem nice. If not for his little brother fixation Ikki would be one of the bad guys, no doubt about it. Even his one crush who of course died tragically reminded him of Shun. I can hardly wait to see how he handles having his beloved kid brother turn into the ultimate evil
Nocturnalux

Postby skreyola » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:38 pm

Shirobako Ep. 21 - Loved the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: ep. 1 callbacks. So much has happened, so little has changed in the first episode airing situation. The roller coaster scenes were awesome! :) Aoi should make a SPOILER: Highlight text to read: documentary about anime production... wait, is that what Shirobako is? ;) I don't think I can be made to care about SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hiraoko's reasons for behaving the way he does... but I wouldn't be surprised if this studio pulls it off. They've done an amazing job with this show, and I laugh a lot and deeply enjoy every episode. :)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Finished The World is Still Beautiful. Kind of a disappointing ending. I was hoping they would SPOILER: Highlight text to read: get married in the end. All the same, the shadows from the rain on her face in the last episode were awesome. Such attention to detail. It was gorgeous.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby LastLfan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:22 am

Finally starting code geass, pretty cool so far.
LastLfan

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:05 pm

skreyola wrote:Finished The World is Still Beautiful. Kind of a disappointing ending. I was hoping they would SPOILER: Highlight text to read: get married in the end. All the same, the shadows from the rain on her face in the last episode were awesome. Such attention to detail. It was gorgeous.

^ That's because the manga's still ongoing. :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews