What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby Chronicler1701 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:57 am

A Certain Scientific Railgun, episode 24.
Well, that was interesting. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm happy that the children were safely awakened. It is rather unnerving that Therestina has the same voice as Erza Scarlet. Yikes!

Fairy Tail, episode 196.
This is where it becomes a good idea to read the manga. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm sure that if what Ultear is about to do never happened, all of those baby dragons would be obliterated by a certain water wizard by the name of Juvia Lockser.
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby GeassGirl222 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:55 am

Haikyuu!!

It's such a cute and happy show! I love it :)
“When you’re a kid, they tell you it’s all… Grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have a kid, and that’s it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It’s so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.” ~ Doctor Who
GeassGirl222

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Well, here we are again.

I've been watching some older anime. I can't really explain why, I guess I'm just looking for something different. Both of these shows were on hulu and they were dubbed.

Rambling commences.

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
How do I describe this? By genre it's a comedy/scifi/military show, but that doesn't really tell you much.

The following is an overview of the first three episodes. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It's the story of a young man named Tylor who signs up for the navy for the free food and a nice easy desk job (the bit where he explains this to the guy at the enlistment office, and the guy tries to stop him is hilarious). He gets assigned to the pension office where he manages to walk into a and defuse a hostage situation involving a retired admiral. Seen as a hero by the press Tylor is promoted to captain and placed in command of a ship. However the high command has pigeonholed Tylor as a lucky idiot and the ship they give him is the destroyer Soyokaze, the misfit dumping ground of the fleet.

This is the tale of the obsolescent destroyer Soyokaze and it's crew of misfits lead undisciplined, lazy captain (who is either a lucky fool or some sort of crazy genius) as they try to survive the war between the United Planets Space Force and the Holy Raalgon Empire.

What I liked about this show is that it manages to be a good episodic comedy while maintaining a decent overarching plot. Almost every episode advances something important to the overall story. And not just in a brief interlude at the end of the episode, most of the time the goal of the episode contributes to the main plot, while the comedy comes from the execution of that goal. As an example in one early episode Tylor destroys a small enemy fleet, this act gives him the reputation of being some sort of tactical genius; the actual story of the battle is something less heroic involving surrender, an unopened gift, and a catastrophic malfunction of the enemy computer systems.

Content wise this show is pretty safe. It's a war series, so there's some violence and death going around, I don't recall any blood but don't hold me to that. Very little that could be called fanservice. There is a "beach episode" where they have a beauty contest for the female members of the crew, but even the swimsuit segment is more modest than the regular clothes worn in many current shows (and they do not spend time emphasizing the physique of the participants ether, no slow panning cleavage shots or anything like that). There are two brief scenes with characters in a state of undress, both are part of sets of short clips of what the crew's up to, and in neither case is there anything sexual going on.

I enjoyed this show and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for some older shows to watch. Provided of course that I get to them before the local fans of Giant Robo* and LOGH** can corrupt them and assuming that they wouldn't be more interested in something like...

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro

A self-contained adventure of the legendary thief Lupin III and his friends, directed & written by Hayao Miyazaki, the big guy at Studio Ghibli. After a heist leaves him and Jigen holding nothing but counterfeit bills —and not just any counterfeits, but Goat Bills; the best counterfeits never detected— Lupin decides to go find the source, shut it down, and steal anything that isn't welded down. His quest takes him to the Duchy of Cagliostro, where he quickly gets entangled in the arranged marriage of a pretty girl to the Duke. As is to be expected Inspector Zenigata and Fujiko turn up in fairly short order with Goemon not to far behind. (Technically Fujiko appears before but is identified after Goemon)

Now that doesn't really tell you much if you aren't familiar with Lupin, so I'll throw in a quick explanation of who all those people are.
Lupin III-- The most wanted thief in the world. He tends towards the noble rogue sort of thievery, sealing from, or tripping up villains most of the time. Acts kind of goofy, he is the comic relief character in any scene he appears in. Has a weakness for pretty girls, especially Fujiko.
Jigen-- Lupin's main partner in crime. He is the serious one, the strait man to Lupin's antics. A first class marksman and expert quick draw.
Fujiko-- Lady thief extraordinaire. Favors infiltration over Lupin's wacky smash and grab style. Always running her own operations (they just run into each other a lot), and has no qualms about double crossing Lupin or anyone else for the loot.
Goemon-- Samurai-type guy with a really sharp sword, doesn't show up as much as the others.
Inspector Zenigata-- Always one step behind Lupin, always. Depending on the iteration he may be a bumbling cop or just not quite sharp enough to get Lupin.

Content wise it's an action show, violence one scene has some blood. some language in the dub. There were a couple of deaths that could have been rather gruesome if we hadn't cut away from them as soon as it became clear that they weren't going to get away.

Again it's a good entry point into older anime and being a movie it's a smaller commitment that watching a whole series. I'd recommend it to ... just about anybody really.

---

*Which I have seen.
**Which I plan to see.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Episode 31 of Bleach.

Episode 5 of Aquarion Evol.

Episode 7 of Fate/Zero.

Episode 5 of Blast of Tempest.

And over the weekend, I completed Gungrave. I watched from episode 19 to 26 in one day. The main thing this anime has going for it is that it keeps you wanting to see what happens next. Overall it was a good anime, but there are some things that I have very mixed feelings about. Okay let me start off by saying that this is purely my opinion. This show had some issues when it came to plot delivery. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It started off feeling like it was Harry and Brandon working their way up through the Millennion Organization. They commit numerous crimes and carry out hits for the Organization and its leader Big Daddy. Eventually Harry starts to go off the deep end, becoming more and more ambitious. Brandon sees this in Harry, eventually they’re at odds, and Harry kills Brandon. Up to this point, the show has had an underlying theme of loyalty, and to what extent Brandon is willing to go to protect what he cares about.

So, a few episodes later, Brandon is brought back to life (there is an actual word for it in the show, but I don’t know how to spell it), and show seems to be taking a turn toward Brandon going up against Millennion (which is now controlled by Harry). It has this feel about it, until the last episode when Brandon is driven to the brink of death while DEFENDING Harry against the people who are after him. I didn’t see this coming, and to be honest, I would’ve been much happier with a gunfight between Brandon and Harry in which they ended up killing each other (they do kill each other in the end, but it seems to be more about them both realizing that its their time to go, and neither one have much left to live for).

My primary problem with the ending is that Harry was either directly or indirectly responsible for the deaths of nearly everyone close to Brandon, including the woman he loved and her father. Harry took everything he cared about away, and yet Brandon was still loyal to him. I’m a big fan of loyalty in characters, it’s an admirable trait and all, but I draw the line when it becomes stupidity. Brandon kills people in defense of Harry…who is now an egotistical murderer, who happened to be involved in the deaths of almost everyone Brandon cared about. I didn’t hate the ending, when Brandon said “I could never kill my best friend” (or something like that)—that was pretty touching,
but its also the reason why I’m only gonna give it a 7/10.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Chronicler1701 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:00 pm

A Certain Scientific Railgun, episode 29.
After that, I really don't like Accelerator.
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:19 am

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun episode 1

I caved and decided to watch it since I'm reading the manga on and off.

Space Dandy Season 2 Episode 8
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Any episode with Dandy's hair down is good haha. But Dandy not remembering anything isn't unusual, oh wait he has amnesia, okay that's a bit different... maybe. Seriously, stay away from a planet called Limbo! Unless you know they play the game alot!

CinniScrib

Postby SilverToast » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:19 pm

I started watching One Piece. I wish I had watched it sooner. That 4Kids dub gave me the worst impression of the show. I really like the funimation dub and the sub! I'm on season 4 after just a month.
SilverToast

Postby CinniScrib » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:02 am

Free! season 2 episode 9
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HARU NOOOO YOU CHOOOKED. He sabotaged his race just because he isn't interested in being scouted. Which that's fine but to blatantly do that.. yeah they'll get off his back but still he's got to think of the future. It is a scary thing (I'm in the midst of it all too having graduated college) but at least Haru will do his best for the relay. And Sousuke with his hurt shoulder.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun episode 2-8
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm so glad Mikoshiba is introduced now. Omogsh that guy should become a romantic novel writer so he doesn't spew stuff like that haha. He's such an idiot though, it cracks me up. He'd be better off to say "I didn't mean that" instead of just being quiet about it, like when he told Chiyo not to ask him anything but really did (or else he was bored). HAHA I love how she just humors him like a little kid "yeah yeah, I see, yes" BUT YUZUKI SEO'S INTRO! BWAHA YES her basically calling Nozaki a pervert with interest in little girls/younger looking woman is priceless with the sound of irritation he makes.
Kashima is so clueless though she harasses the poor Hori but he gets her back. A warped relationship but amusing
Mikoshiba and the otome games though ahaha! It seriously explains a lot of why he talks that way to girls, his lines are so flowery and corny they seem right out of a romance novel, which they are. I love that he had to consult a dating game of how girls "work" and "think". The sheer frustration he has over them, HAHAHA. Nozaki and Mikoshiba freaking out over a fictional character and wanting to give him a happy ending is so spot on for fanfiction writers, dedicated fans.
I just about died when Nozaki was carting Kashima around because he didn't want to do the bridal carry and hurt his arms. All that's done for the name of research...
YAY WAKA IS HERE! That poor insomniac. I love how it comes full circle, she's the cause of the stress but her singing relieves the stress. Poor Waka. He just digs the hole bigger with the Lorelei comparison.
Nozaki is so troubled by not having the right body type to wear the uniform haha. YES THE PAIN OF SELF-USE FOR REFERENCE. AS AN ARTIST AND WRITER I KNOW THIS PAIN. But running into Mikoshiba in the figurine aisle is the best. He really has to learn to keep his foot in his mouth ahead of time, ha
Mikoshiba and Kashima both doing poetic, flowerly dialogue together is too much. I love how embarrassed and out done Mikoshiba felt. Kashima isn't in drama for nothing! BUT THE MISUNDERSTANDINGS ARE PRICELESS

CinniScrib

Postby Thunderscream872 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Episode 32 of Bleach -- I like Renji allot more after this episode.

Episode 8 of Fate/Zero.

Episode 3 of season 2 of Space Dandy -- This episode was weird, even for Space Dandy. And what was up with the artwork in this one? There was like no shading--it kinda felt reminiscent of FLCL.

Episode 6 of Blast of Tempest -- SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So, Mahiro and Aika are not biological siblings, and it looks like their are hints that Aika had some romantic interest in Mahiro and/or vice versa...*sigh* what is with the Japanese and incest (even though it wouldn't technically be incest since apparently they're not blood relatives, but still). Seems like its an issue in like every other anime I come across.

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Ace33Wing wrote:I started watching One Piece. I wish I had watched it sooner. That 4Kids dub gave me the worst impression of the show. I really like the funimation dub and the sub! I'm on season 4 after just a month.

That is exactly what happened to me. My friend kept pestering me to watch it and I finally gave in. I've never been more wrong about a show. That 4Kids dub is an insult to Oda's masterpiece, and I wonder how many have avoided watching the show because of it. The real show gets better and better though!

Speaking of which, I'm at Episode 363? Probably? of One Piece. Also started Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun with a friend and have absolutely loved it so far, except for some implied yaoi and yuri themes, but even those are rather tame. What I had really wanted to watch was Barakamon though. :mutter: Watched the first two episodes of Non non Biyori and I think I'll like this one a lot as well.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Fairy Tail 2014 episode 22

Captain Earth episode 22

(Earlier I couldn't get onto the site! Did anyone else have that problem? I kept getting page error)

CinniScrib

Postby drill » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:33 pm

CinniScrib wrote:(Earlier I couldn't get onto the site! Did anyone else have that problem? I kept getting page error)

Yep, same here. Seems like it was down for everyone. If I remember correctly, this happened last week as well.

SAO II ep 9 - That scene was epic... http://i.imgur.com/3RdRd3s.gif

White Album 2 ep 11 - Wow, episode 10 almost made up for it going downhill, but nooo.... just put some needless drama in there to mess stuff up.
drill

Postby Aven » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Watching Haikyuu!!, Tokyo Ghoul, and Free! episodes as they come out. Black Butler and Clannad if I remember/have free time. oops

it makes me sad though, thinking about how there's only about three weeks left of free. :c
Aven

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:29 pm

Almost finished withのんのん日和 and I absolutely love it. It never fails to make me smile, that's for sure.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby skreyola » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Barakamon ep. 7: Finally. This episode lived up to the potential of the premise. Didn't think much of the bream calligraphy, but the episode was very good. A very adult episode.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:51 pm

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun episode 9
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The classic rain scenerio turned on its head is beautiful. Nozaki is such a dork, bwhaha. Plus he rolled up his pants AHAH. I love them running one way in the rain and running back screaming. And Hori being able to tell where Kashima is under the umbrella cloud hhaha The car in the rain/splashing a big puddle though... OTL And Maneo is the worst oooh man but so realistic to some superiors/clients

Space Dandy Season 2 Episode 9

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:29 pm

Nozaki-kun Ep. 7: Still a good show, and still number one in my rankings for this season, but the premise is wearing a little thin. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I can't believe she expects him to suddenly reveal he has feelings for her. She needs to just kiss him to break him out of his bubble. That aside, still very funny and enjoyable.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby GeneD » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:04 pm

CinniScrib wrote:Free! season 2 episode 9
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: HARU NOOOO YOU CHOOOKED. He sabotaged his race just because he isn't interested in being scouted. Which that's fine but to blatantly do that.. yeah they'll get off his back but still he's got to think of the future. It is a scary thing (I'm in the midst of it all too having graduated college) but at least Haru will do his best for the relay. And Sousuke with his hurt shoulder.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm pretty sure Haru didn't do it on purpose, but the pressure others were putting on him was too much and started clouding his own reasons for swimming. If he doesn't want to swim competitively, that's his decision and if he forces himself there's a very real possibility that he's lose his love of swimming, which we got a little taste of in this race.

Crunchyroll announced that they were taking a bunch of their shows "off air" so to speak on Sunday past, including about four I was interested in. I only saw the announcement on Wednesday, I think, so didn't have much time, but managed to marathon Gosick and a few episodes of Nichijou. I really enjoyed Gosick. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Victorique and Kujou are adorable and I'm seriously glad there was a happy ending. It wasn't guaranteed and the last episode was a bit weird (Kujou in the war). I'm a bit disappointed that Victorique didn't get to defeat her father personally (that guy's a serious contender for the Worst Anime Dad award) and sad about the other adults' deaths. Not sure how I feel about her brother, I want to like him a lot and he got some redemption, but he was basically a willing accomplice to some awful child abuse throughout the show. I enjoyed all the mysterious, even the obvious ones, and am glad I picked it.

Nichijou was cool, but idk, I don't seem to find it as funny as some others do, and unfortunately I couldn't watch all of it.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders ep 21 - 22: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: YAY Avdol! So it was a dirty Stand trick and he's back for real. So happy. Also I'm taking this episode as proof that no one likes Polnareff. I did feel a bit sorry for him when he thought his sister was alive though.

Haikyuu!! ep 21 - 22: Sugawara is so great. Kageyama is so great. Everyone in this show is so great.

Sailor Moon ep 33 - 34: Wooo cat's out of the bag now. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yay Tuxedo Mask transformation sequence! It was really quick and he has a flying hat. This is the best. Also Sailor Venus and the Moon Princess and Zoisite & Kunzite! XP It's all really taking off now.

Oh goodness, almost forgot I also watched the Mushishi season 2 special i.e. episodes 11 and 12, which was perfection.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby LastLfan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Through ep 8 of no game no life. A lot of fanservice but i still like the shpw and some of the characters. Those references to gaming and anime are incredible
LastLfan

Postby Mouse2010 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Last time I posted, we were watching Code Geass, R2. Still stuck somewhere in there, but we put it aside for awhile to watch the first season of Sword Art Online. It didn't take long for us to get really hooked on this. (I don't remember who on CAA recommended this to me last summer, but whoever you were, you were right. This was the kind of show I was looking for.) Finished it tonight. On the whole, I think it was a good series. I'd give it an 8/10, because it had likeable characters, an interesting premise, and an engaging plot.

That said, I don't like what happened to Asuna in the second half of the series. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: She was such a strong fighter in Aincrad that it was really frustrating to see her reduced to the position of damsel-in-distress waiting to be rescued by Kirito. That's just not the kind of character she WAS in the first half of the season. Also, separating her from Kirito meant that the second half of the season was really all about Kirito-- and while I liked him a lot, I liked him best when he was interacting with Asuna, so it was disapointing to get to see so little of the two interacting. (I will hand it to the series, though: that second villain was much creepier than anything from the first half of the series.) Finally, I didn't really care for the whole little-sister-with-a-crush aspect of Sugu's relationship to Kirito. I get that she was really his cousin, and it probably wouldn't have been morally wrong for them to have a relationship . . . but it still felt off to me.

None of those complaints were enough to ruin the first season for me, but taken together, they did mean that I liked the first half better, for the most part. I'm really curious to see what the currently-airing season is like.
Mouse2010

Postby faithb4sight » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 pm

I quite recently started and finished Angel Beats!. I really enjoyed the animation (definitely a Haruhi Suzumiya feel to it) and the music. I found the premise interesting, though I feel some of the characters just didn't get enough screen time. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: As the series starts it lets you assume that everyone's past will be brought to light, but many of the "club" members' lives simply remain shrouded in mystery. Plus everyone seems to disappear in the end without a real farewell.
This being the case, I did enjoy the series and will likely watch it again in the future (an easy watch given the episode count).

I was nervous for the ending since I'd heard from multiple people that it was horrible. I actually didn't mind it, myself. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Given the situation, it was kind of inevitable that it would trail off like that.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:33 am

Episode 5 of season 2 of Space Dandy -- Though I really enjoyed the first two episodes of this season, these last three have just been okay, not bad, but not really that great. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: In particular, the one where Dandy goes back to high school started out really funny, but then just got kind of annoying as it went on with all the musical stuff.

Episode 7 of Blast of Tempest -- Still like it allot.

Thunderscream872

Postby MunSung » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:54 am

I'm watching "my bride is a mermaid" and re-finishing "higurashi: when they cry".
MunSung

Location: southern alabama on the gulf of mexico near mobile.

Postby nln_rose » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:13 pm

Cowboy bebop episode 25, Read or Die episode 9, Certain Railgun 12, Mushi shi 13, SAOII, RWBY vol2,
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Postby Nate » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:42 pm

GeneD wrote:Sailor Moon ep 33 - 34: Wooo cat's out of the bag now. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yay Tuxedo Mask transformation sequence! It was really quick and he has a flying hat.

Enjoy it, it's literally the only time it shows up in the series!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kilvakar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:32 pm

I just finished the original Space Pirate Captain Harlock series, and I really liked it. It's an older series (1978 I believe), but very well done. I would definitely recommend checking it out to anyone who enjoys space opera style stories! :D
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Cat96 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Trigun episode 20? I forget. I'm somewhere around there. The show is getting very interesting. :D

I'm not sure if I already mentioned that I finished Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Putting the opening and ending songs during the saddest scenes was a great idea. I always think of those scenes whenever I hear those songs. :waah!:

One Week Friends Episode 5. I managed to find a site that also does content reviews, because the one for this anime wasn't posted till today and I just had to start it yesterday (I'm glad there is one now, I really appreciate getting a second opinion on the content) :D . I was bored and impatient. :lol: I'm already liking this show. The development of Kaori's character in the first four episodes alone got me interested. The ending theme has a way of watering my eyes.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby CinniScrib » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:10 pm

(Hm seems like the site was down again for a while)

Free! season 2 episode 10

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Anohana is, indeed, a masterwork.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Cat96 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:01 pm

skreyola wrote:Anohana is, indeed, a masterwork.

Yep it is. It is a show I plan to buy on DVD, because the show managed to work its way to the top of my list of shows that I must buy. I heard about the movie that serves as an epilogue, but I haven't seen it. Has it already come over to the U.S.?

I also finished One Week Friends late yesterday. It was very heartwarming and it got me to cry once in awhile. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The scene at the end that shows that Yuki Hase's been keeping a journal as well was very interesting. It almost made me laugh a little because of how Kaori's journal played a big part in the series, and that Hase was the one who suggested that she keep a journal in the first place. :lol: It definitely brought a smile to my face.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews