What anime are you watching?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: What anime are you watching?

Postby faithb4sight » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Cat96 wrote: I also found Ed's line about being short at 18 to be hilarious. :lol:

Poor Ed, he just can't catch a break! XD
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Isshuukan Friends (One Week Friends) Episode 3

The manga is so cute I'm glad it got an anime adaption... (Though honestly I think Koe no Katachi (The Shape of Voice/A Silent Voice) needs one more)

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm all caught up with the Fairy Tail anime, and I'm super stoked for more to come out. And oh man, some of the recent romantic developments between various characters! :o Incidentally, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Gray fought Lyon over Juvia in a wedding dress in an episode a while back, and that made me squee so hard! :D Like Erza alluded to while talking to you, Gray-- it's always been obvious Juvia's been head-over-heels for you; time to be a man! 漢! That's not exactly what she said though xD

Now I'm watching the dub of Negima!?. I watched the first series a long time ago and liked it a lot despite its many flaws. We'll see how this alternate story goes.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Jonathan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm now watching Sgt. Frog (Subbed) and Star Blazers (Dubbed). And I like them both so far.
"And Jesus said unto him, 'Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God."-Mark 10:18

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the son, but the father."-Mark 13:32

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."-John 14:28
Jonathan

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:20 pm

I just finished Okami-san and Her Seven Companions after watching it over the past few days. Maybe I'm harping too much on this, but she has 8 companions (not 7) as of the very first episode, and that fact slightly annoyed me. -.- Oh and the narrator was so overwhelming at times!

I didn't care too much for the series, but I did think Ryoshi's unflinching attitude towards Ryoko was super sweet.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby radical edward » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Just finished Someday's Dreamers II: Sora. And now to work on Patlabor some more.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Rewatched the FMA: Brotherhood OVA "The Blind Alchemist", in the dub for the first time. I didn't really like how the voice actor played Judau; he sounded like the kind of guy who seems nice and kind at first, then reveals his evil side. But since Judau doesn't have an evil side, I thought it was a bit misleading. Still, good stuff.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:43 am

Watched the first two episodes of Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun (at least, I think that's what it's called). But hey, a romcom I actually like.

Also...watched the first episode of Mirai Nikki. This show has an interesting premise, but I think picked it up against my better judgment XD
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Tonari no Seki-kun episodes 14-17:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ep. 14: Nice new OP Easter Egg-- this time, it's the fact that Seki's drawing only Yokoi (instead of himself with her in the background, as before)... ;) Also, ROTFL at the Attack On Titan parody. :lol: :lol:

Ep. 15: Oh my gosh. Goto's delusions were even funnier this time around, especially with her pigtail-reactions. And then when she accidentally knocked Yokoi's chair... :lol:

Ep. 16: BWAHAHA, they are totally partners in crime now. :grin: (Except with Seki being kinda terrified of her, ROTFL! :lol: )

And ep. 17: Speaking of partners in crime and Seki being terrified... :lol:

Seriously, can this show just never end, please? :hug: (Can't wait for the manga to be published here! :jump: )
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby CinniScrib » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Isshuukan Friends episode 4

CinniScrib

Postby skreyola » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Isshukan Friends ep. 3
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:47 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Watched the first two episodes of Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun (at least, I think that's what it's called). But hey, a romcom I actually like.

Yay for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun love! Now you get to meet the "ninja" I drew. XD
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby black & white angel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Watching the Tsubsa Reservoir Chronicles,it's SO FLIPPING AWESOME!!! XD
I make it a policy not to second-guess my instincts. Life's more fun that way. ~Train Heartnet
black & white angel

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:16 pm

So, Gatchaman Crowds S1's extended Director's Cut ending (which is also apparently known as the OVA/special "Embrace"?) was *finally* subbed (...about time!), and I'd say the wait was (mostly) worth it. It finally (pretty much) showed what Hajime actually did with Berg SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (...yikes, though... :pikka: ), explained why there was no fanfare about O.D. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (because he actually *didn't* die! :pikka: ), and even had some closure with those unconscious CROWDS users and the MESS SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (although the latter was really just Hajime playing with them and then telling them that the planet wasn't theirs, LOL). Because of all of that, I would gladly have given this my wholehearted approval... if only they hadn't suddenly decided to throw in a random SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sugane x Joe pairing at the end (?!). :eyebrow: ...Ugh. :forehead: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (Um... and here I was thinking that Sugane had liked Hajime... and that this very episode even hinted at it again with that hug... :?: ) *Sigh*... Well, even with that rather unfortunate (apparent) development :shady: , this still gave a heck of a lot better closure to the series than the TV finale did, IMO (and I would've been quite satisfied with it if not for... well, you know :eyeroll: ).

Now I'm curious as to how the second season is going to turn out, though...
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby CinniScrib » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Space Dandy ep 4 (dub)

A friend became a fan of it so I thought I'd give it a go since I'm the more invested anime watcher then they are and if they like it it has to be good.

CinniScrib

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Well! Since the last time I posted...

I finished Neon Genesis Evangelion plus the director's cut eps-Dubbed. A very good series but the ending was confusing. I still need to watch Death and Rebirth, End of Evangelion, and the Rebuild movies.

Kuroko no Basuke S1. I enjoyed this. The characters are great (Kuroko! Kise! Kagami! <3), fun comedy, and intense, on the edge of my seat basketball action! And that animation. Is. Gorgeous! Need to watch S2.

Finally finished Nagi no Asukara. Super sweet (perhaps too sweet at times though), beautiful animation, and I liked the ending though it felt kinda rushed. Just a little. Also SPOILER: Highlight text to read: TsumuguxChisaki!

Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations and Tsubasa Spring Thunder OVAS-Subbed. Wow. Those...were...amazing! I waited until I finished the manga first before I watched these though and I'm glad I did. You'd be pretty lost if you watched these without knowing about the Infinity and Ceres arcs! And the visuals were soooooooo pretty too. ^_^

From Up On Poppy Hill-Dubbed. Watched this with my mom for my birthday. I liked it. it kind of reminded me of Whisper of the Heart in a way.

The Cat Returns-Dubbed. Cute and fun and cats! For someone like me who loves Whisper of the Heart and cats seeing SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The Baron in this story was just perfect.

Noragami. Just one word to describe this series and the characters and the art/animation and the character relationships and everything else about it...AWESOME! I also have another favorite pairing now SPOILER: Highlight text to read: YatoxHiyori! Need to start the manga soon...

And I have now (like literally. Just finished) the first three eps of Fairy Tail Dubbed. I wasn't feelin the first ep but the second one sold me! I already love Natsu. I hate how they don't have eps 5 through like what 48? available dubbed (nor most of those subbed either). I'd like to watch this show free and legally but...*sighs*. Maybe I should check my library...

Anyway that's all for now. Wow I just realized that that was a lot. :sweat:
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby faithb4sight » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:31 pm

And I have now (like literally. Just finished) the first three eps of Fairy Tail Dubbed. I wasn't feelin the first ep but the second one sold me! I already love Natsu. I hate how they don't have eps 5 through like what 48? available dubbed (nor most of those subbed either). I'd like to watch this show free and legally but...*sighs*. Maybe I should check my library...

Yah, Natsu is full of adorable-ness :D With a free account on Funimation.com you can watch a few in dub (not sure how many). After watching the free eps you could start the free trial for full access to all available dub episodes (through 108-ish) and cancel before you get charged (I think the trial is 2 wks long). Or pay $8/mo after that point and cancel whenever you want. ~
faithb4sight

Postby CinniScrib » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Space Dandy Episode 7

The opening for this show is so redundant haha. "Space Dandy... he's a dandy guy... in space."

CinniScrib

Postby Mullet Death » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:20 am

Negima!? Episode 20. So much cuteness in some of these episodes. I mean, just look at this: http://www.animeb.com/members/yonathen- ... a-seal.jpg

Nodoka turns into a seal as her "dud card." XD

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:50 am

faithb4sight wrote:

Yah, Natsu is full of adorable-ness :D With a free account on Funimation.com you can watch a few in dub (not sure how many). After watching the free eps you could start the free trial for full access to all available dub episodes (through 108-ish) and cancel before you get charged (I think the trial is 2 wks long). Or pay $8/mo after that point and cancel whenever you want. ~

Thanks Faith! I may have to check into that now. :)
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby nillapoet » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:45 pm

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:
faithb4sight wrote:

Thanks Faith! I may have to check into that now. :)

Netflix has the entire first season dubbed. I think they have a free one month trial too. FWIW.
nillapoet

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:12 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:
Panda4christ:3 wrote:Watched the first two episodes of Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun (at least, I think that's what it's called). But hey, a romcom I actually like.

Yay for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun love! Now you get to meet the "ninja" I drew. XD

I just saw this D: Yes, now I understand it all~ XD

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote: I also have another favorite pairing now SPOILER: Highlight text to read: YatoxHiyori!

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kindred spirit ;w;

Oh, speaking of Soul Eater Not!

I watched episode 4...and uh...cameos happened :T
No one can escape the wrath of Soul chop!
(and yes, his hands do switch suddenly between scenes)

Mirai Nikki ep. 2 - Conflicted feelings about this. very conflicted feelings.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 3 - I watched the first couple minutes before school, this show is adorable and funny~
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby radical edward » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Finished Patlabor. Pretty good show.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby Cat96 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:35 pm

I lost interest in Soul Eater right towards the end so I'm focusing on other anime instead.

Inuyasha is interesting. I got the whole "I feel that this story has been done before but don't remember where" feel from the story. I still enjoy it though. I can't get over how funny it is when Koga comes along and flirts with Kagome. Inuyasha gets all jealous, which is very amusing SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (especially since he seems to like Kikyo) . SPOILER: Highlight text to read: On top of all of this, Kagome made it clear that she friend-zoned Koga, and she treats him like a good friend. That part makes the whole situation much more funny. I also enjoy the "sit" commands. Just the thought of a half-dog demon being face planted into the ground because a typical schoolgirl says "sit" is just too funny.

I only watched Fairy Tail at first because my friend wanted to watch it and I was bored on a Sunday. But now, I just finished episode 24 of Fairy Tail. I'm not a fan of the fanservice (as I say many times), but I can tolerate it because of how funny the show is (and I find the character interactions to be the funniest part like when Natsu and Gray fight a lot). I bought the first set on DVD (episodes 1-24), so I clearly enjoy it. I also enjoy the friendship between the members of the guild, and how they all care about each other as if they are family (and in a way, they are).

Since my dad and his girlfriend got Netflix, I was able to show them a couple episodes of FMA (2003). I don't think they'll be into it, but they at least have no problem with it, though my dad thinks its weird (then he clearly hasn't seen Ouran, which to this day I think of as the weirdest anime ever :lol: ).
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby faithb4sight » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:13 pm

I've watched through episode 27 of Kaleido Star. I don't think it was necessary to have two whole episodes devoted to flashbacks, but okay...

Cat96 wrote: I can't get over how funny it is when Koga comes along and flirts with Kagome.

^ This makes me laugh every time XD Have you seen Ranma 1/2? Koga = Kuno XD XD XD (but less pervy).

Cat96 wrote:he clearly hasn't seen Ouran, which to this day I think of as the weirdest anime ever

:lol: YES. They are so incredibly random. And everything gets so mixed up! SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Like how Cassanoda has a crush on Haruhi but doesn't tell her - and Tamaki and Hikaru get totally jealous. Then change their minds and wind up wanting to be his friend.
faithb4sight

Postby Cat96 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:02 pm

I haven't seen Ramna 1/2, but I've heard a lot about it.

XD Koga can be very amusing at times. I like it when members of his pack call Kagome "Sis". It somehow just adds to the amusement of the situation. Seriously, seeing Inuyasha get jealous is just so funny that I can barely type this without laughing. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Then Kagome makes him "sit" when he's trying to pick a fight with Koga. :lol:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: What was funnier was when Casanoda was Haruhi's guest and everyone (minus the hosts) thought he was gay. Then when he confessed his feelings, Haruhi, without realizing it, friend-zoned him. :lol:
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby radical edward » Thu May 01, 2014 5:52 am

Started Sword Art Online. First episode is intriguing
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby faithb4sight » Thu May 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Cat96 wrote:I haven't seen Ramna 1/2, but I've heard a lot about it.

XD Koga can be very amusing at times. I like it when members of his pack call Kagome "Sis". It somehow just adds to the amusement of the situation. Seriously, seeing Inuyasha get jealous is just so funny that I can barely type this without laughing. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Then Kagome makes him "sit" when he's trying to pick a fight with Koga. :lol:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: What was funnier was when Casanoda was Haruhi's guest and everyone (minus the hosts) thought he was gay. Then when he confessed his feelings, Haruhi, without realizing it, friend-zoned him. :lol:

Yeah Kagome can be so mean to Inu! Poor guy.
Speaking of poor guy: Cassanoda and Haruhi... she's so mean to him without realizing! But no sense giving him false hope I guess :)
faithb4sight

Postby nillapoet » Thu May 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Mullet Death wrote:Now I'm on episode 151 of Fairy Tail. Oh man. This arc is going to be awesome.

Did they change some voice actors after ep 85? I saw someone complaining they did on the funimation fb page and I'm not that far yet.
nillapoet

Postby ForeverInspired » Thu May 01, 2014 7:13 pm

I think that some of the voice actors for the sub version were changed before ep 85 (I detected a change around ep 50). I have no idea about the dub though.
ForeverInspired

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews