The Familiar of Zero/ Zero no Tsukaima

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

The Familiar of Zero/ Zero no Tsukaima

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Has anyone seen this? The first season is dubbed, but the last two seasons so far are only available subbed. The fourth season is supposed to be released in July. It a fantasy/romance type anime, and is absolutely hilarious and heartwarming. I loved it. Also...(second season spoilers)

[SPOILER]If the ending of the second season does not bring tears to your eyes, you have no heart. Louise' cry of, "SAITO!" has got to be one of the most well done, heart-rending emotional voice-overs I have ever heard.[/SPOILER]
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Wallachia » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:59 pm

I've watched all three seasons.

They were good when I watched them, but I don't know if I'd enjoy them as much as I would now, especially since I'm getting pretty sick of tsunderes.

I think season 1 would still hold up pretty well, though.

Wallachia

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Destroyer2000 (post: 1484560) wrote:Has anyone seen this? The first season is dubbed, but the last two seasons so far are only available subbed. The fourth season is supposed to be released in July. It a fantasy/romance type anime, and is absolutely hilarious and heartwarming. I loved it. Also...(second season spoilers)

[SPOILER]If the ending of the second season does not bring tears to your eyes, you have no heart. Louise' cry of, "SAITO!" has got to be one of the most well done, heart-rending emotional voice-overs I have ever heard.[/SPOILER]

About the spoiler part.... SO. STINKIN. TRUE!!!! lol I agree with you 100%.
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Wallachia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Regarding that scene:
[spoiler]If the story ended there it would have been pretty sad, but of course they couldn't just stop unless they didn't want to make more cash... Not to say I didn't cry back when I watched that scene, but I wouldn't have cried if I saw the series at this point in time.

You don't have a heart if you can get through Clannad ~After Story~ without shedding any tears. That is the one show that will make even manly men cry girly rivers composed of pure depression.[/spoiler]

Wallachia

Postby Destroyer2000 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:38 am

What is Clannad about? I've heard a lot about it; after I finish Love Hina, I might start on it.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:15 am

[quote="Destroyer2000 (post: 1484836)"]What is Clannad about? I've heard a lot about it]

Clannad is basically about a guy and girl who meet, fall in love, and have a family. There's more to it than that, but anything more would probably be a bit of a spoiler. The way it follows them through highschool and into having a family and being adults is considered pretty unique, and there's a whole lot of things that happen in the second season that make it be considered one of the (if not the) best romance anime out there.
Atria35

Postby Destroyer2000 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:19 am

Awesome. Definitely watching it, then. And I hope it is more down to earth than Love Hina - that anime is just bizarre. I'm a sucker for romance, though.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

Destroyer2000

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews