Funimation to Simulcast Rainbow TV Anime on June 1

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Funimation to Simulcast Rainbow TV Anime on June 1

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri May 28, 2010 10:33 am

Source
ANN wrote:Shun Oguri stars in anime of George Abe, Masasumi Kakizaki's manga about reforming delinquents

The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced on Friday that it will simulcast the Rainbow television anime series starting on June 1 at 1:00 p.m. EDT. It will also stream the first eight episodes that have already aired in Japan since its April 6 premiere.

The anime adapts George Abe and Masasumi Kakizaki's acclaimed manga about six junior delinquents and their mentor at the Shō], Crows Zero, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie - Conqueror of Shamballa) voices his first starring role in an over-the-air television anime.

Update: More background and story information added.
New show for Tuesdays! Show Info. And here are some early impressions of the series by folks who reviewed the first episode. They take great care to let us know about the content of the series, which seems dark given that Rainbow is a historical piece dealing with post WWII Japanese reform schools.

Here's another warning from Funimation[quote="Rojas via Funimation.com"]Ok, everyone. Firstly, I’]For those who enjoy darker dramas, I think this will be good.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Mon May 31, 2010 10:46 am

I think that this sort of acquisition sort of confirmed my suspicion that the reason why CR didn't get a billion shows immediately at the beginning of the season is likely because Funimation and CR are battling it out for streaming licenses.
blkmage

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews