First anime you ever saw

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby JerRocks2day » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:38 am

I think my 2nd was Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon, although I didn't pay attention to DB until I was 11. Before that, there was Pokemon.
JerRocks2day

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:03 pm

jim_wijit (post: 1388434) wrote:Oh man! Superbook! I'd totally forgotten that one. That was my first. Second and first intentional one would be Digimon. I'm sort of surprised that's not a more common answer.

... Superbook. Whoa...

I would totally love to see Superbook in Japanese.
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby JaniceMcPherson » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:17 pm

:lol:Spice and Wolf was the first, I still like it but I found better stuff now.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
JaniceMcPherson

Postby Lord Omberus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Robotech. My mom grew up watching it in the 80's and passed it onto me via VHS recordings.

Then I found out how badly it had been butchered from the original shows, watched them, and saw how much better they were.

I mad.
Lord Omberus

Postby The Doctor » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:05 am

Technically, one might say Superbook and The Flying House. Then there was Robotech and Sailor Moon. Not proud of the reasons for watching the latter.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Lynna » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:48 pm

the first anime I ever watched was Pokemon, although it was only snippets of it, and I did see an episode of Mew Mew Power ( the english version of Tokyo Mew Mew. It's not half as good as the subbed)
I didn't know those were anime though...
The first anime I willfully watched was InuYasha.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Ella Edric » Sat May 01, 2010 7:18 pm

My first anime was Sailor Moon. It was TG, Ac and my fav show when we were all really little. xD I didnt even know what anime was back then.
Ella Edric

Postby Firebird3613 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:49 pm

My first first anime was Pokemon when I was about 6 or 7, and I didn't much like it.
Then, on Halloween, last year (yeah, I'm knid of new to anime), My friend dressed up as Temari from Naruto. Then, we were watching tv and flipped to Disney XD. Guess what was on? Naruto Shippuden! So we watched 3 or 4 episodes of that. Then I went home and watched the rest of Shippuden on Hulu (it took me about 3 1/2 months or something).
I went back and watched some of Naruto after that (still haven't watched all of it though).
Then of course I realized that the world of anime was a whole lot bigger, and went on to other shows.
:hits_self <----This smilie made me laugh. I'm not really sure why...:lol:
Firebird3613

Location: I could be just a dream, in which case I don't live anywhere. ;)

Postby Chrysolite » Sun May 09, 2010 9:34 am

I saw bits and pieces of Pokemon and Sailor Moon and DBZ when I was little, but the first anime I really watched through to completion was Saint Tail. That show will forever hold a special place in my heart, because it wasn't just my first anime. It marked the beginning of a lot of significant happenings in my life. That might sound weird, but it's true. My sister is almost fluent in Japanese now and is preparing to move to Japan, and it all started with Saint Tail... And I think it's what originally got me thinking about boys, too. :P
[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color]

Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise—
why destroy yourself?

Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool—
why die before your time?

It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other.
The man who fears God will avoid all extremes.

—Ecclesiastes 7:16-18
Chrysolite

That would be...

Postby crusader88 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Sailor Moon. I'll never forget running across it on the WB when I was in 1st grade. Though I didn't much think of it as anime, I even wore a glittery shirt from Hot Topic to school, for which I was roundly ridiculed.

Hmm, I've never watched it since; maybe this summer.
...you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age... Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books.

-Ignatius J. Reilly, in John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces, 1960s

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
crusader88

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue May 11, 2010 6:15 am

I think I still have that shirt. -_-;;
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews