Hey! The Losers guy wants to do Voltron too!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Hey! The Losers guy wants to do Voltron too!

Postby rocklobster » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:15 am

All right! The Voltron movie idea has been rebooted!:jump:
Corona Coming Attractions reports that both of the scripts written for the Voltron live-action movie have been scrapped, putting the movie's production in "reboot" mode. Both Justin Marks' script and Jeff Davis' rewrite will not be used for shooting the movie. In addition, Max Makowski will no longer be directing the project.

In July, Atlas Entertainment's Charles Roven, Richard Suckle, and Steve Alexander acquired the live-action film rights to the Voltron animated series from World Event Productions (WEP) with Kickstart Entertainment's Jason Netter. WEP is, however, still working closely with Atlas Entertainment on the movie.

WEP adapted the 1984-1985 television series from two Toei Animation robot anime: King of Beasts Golion (pictured at right) and Armored Fleet Dairugger XV. Both Golion and the first Voltron story centered on young pilots who fight against an empire of alien conquerors — with the help of five mechanized lions that combine to form a robot.

It was also revealed that the new working title on the recently announced Voltron animated series to air on Nicktoons is Voltron Force. WEP is also hoping to release a major-platform Voltron video game, and a Voltron OVA in the style of The Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knight is currently being discussed.

New Regency, a 20th Century Fox-based production company, once negotiated with WEP and the Mark Gordon Company for the live-action Voltron rights in 2007. However, New Regency never actually signed a deal, and other companies were allowed to negotiate for the rights. WEP said in a 2008 lawsuit that New Regency discovered that former Toei character designer Kazuo Nakamura "may possess rights" related to Golion and thus the first Voltron series.

As an unapologetic Voltron fan, I'm pumped! We even get a new version!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews