Toei planning CG 3D features

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Toei planning CG 3D features

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:43 pm

For theatrical release in the U.S., Europe

[quote="ICv2"]Toei Animation is developing two computer-animated feature films with an eye toward distributing them theatrically in the U.S., Europe and other international venues as well as in Japan and Asia. The two films, which will be produced in 3-D and are based on vintage Toei properties, are Space Pirate Captain Harlock and Daikuu Maryuu Gaiking (based on the property that was released here as Shogun Warriors).

Each film will have a budget of several billion yen ($20 million) and, if all goes according to play, will be released in the U.S., Japan, and Europe in 2012. According to The Anime News Network the driving force behind Toei’]

Hey Toei, I have a better idea. How about just releasing Space Pirate Captain Harlock on dvd!

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby rocklobster » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Yeah, I agree. That and Galaxy Express 999. If they haven't already.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1383570) wrote:Hey Toei, I have a better idea. How about just releasing Space Pirate Captain Harlock on dvd!

Thisthisthisthisthisthisthis.

Unless they're talking about the OVA which I already own. The original series though? DO WANT.
CrimsonRyu17

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews