Ponyo DVD, BD Will Both Ship in U.S. on March 2

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:36 pm

[quote="ANN"]
Frank Marshall, the co-producer of the North American release of Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's Ponyo film, confirmed on his personal Twitter account on Thursday evening that the film's DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD) releases will both ship on March 2. He added that a 2-Disc DVD & Plush Gift Set will bundle a plush doll of the title character for a limited time only. While a similar BD-and-plush gift set has not been scheduled, Marshall said that "if the DVD version works, there could be a Blu-Ray plush version."

Marshall acknowledged that the home video releases was originally slated for December 8, but noted that the final releases will include "a fabulous journey into the World of Ghibli." However, he said the Japanese Ponyo wa Kō]

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby wildpurplechild » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey, I might actualy buy this, sense I couldn't see it in theaters. Even the dub cast looks interesting.
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:16 pm

March? Man, it's taking forever.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:19 pm

I really have no accurate measure of this, so is Ponyo making a fair amount of money? Or enough to be profitable?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:I really have no accurate measure of this, so is Ponyo making a fair amount of money? Or enough to be profitable?

Budget for the movie was 3.4 billion Yen, which is $34 million in US dollars.

The gross revenue for the worldwide release is as of now $194 million in US dollars that is $17 billion in Yen as of today.

The film was released in theatres across Japan on 481 screens, a record for a domestic film. When the opening release in the US and Canada, it was a total of 927 theaters and by far the widest release for a a Studio Ghibli film ever in North America.

The opening weekend in North America, it made $3,585,852, which is a per screen average of $3,868 and it opened at number nine at the US box office.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews