Anime Insider ends publication after eight years

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby ADXC » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:53 am

Oh yeah, I remember that article. What a stupid way of starting up a new anime-type magazine! But they didn't even really make it past half a year though.
ADXC

Postby Song_of_Storms » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:47 pm

[SIZE="1"]There was a quip like that in Otaku USA's latest issue. Really, fans don't want to hear that "anime is dead". Then just what have we been obsessed with enough to buy said magazine? It's almost like they don't want us to be anime enthusiasts... >.>
Heck, who decides if it's dead or not? Live! Liiiivvvveeee~!

Okay, back on topic...
I hate this. What about this poor idiot who JUST subscribed to AI? Makes me sad~ ;-;[/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby ADXC » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:17 pm

@ Song_of_Storms- Hey now, I don't think there's any reason to fret. Im sure they will reimburse you(Maybe. JK).
ADXC

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:29 pm

I actually thought "Is Anime Dead?" was the hight point of PiQ's short life. Rather than simply indulging fans with big, glossy pictures and fluf piece articles, it suggested that the magazine would take a more challenging route by asking hard questions about the futre of the industry. Obviously, it DIDN'T, and anime quickly got buried under a lot of generic "geeky" news, but for a few weeks there was hope.

I actually LIKE Otaku USA. Yes, the visual style of the magazine is very similar to what Newtype was doing, but the writing style is very different. Otaku USA's reviews actually feel like REVIEWS, weighing the pros and cons of the title, whereas Newtype tended to come as like hype every single thing (which was odd, seeing as how some of Newtype's staff started out at EGM).

That's why I won't miss Anime Insider, actually. I always found it to be an insufferably shallow magazine.

Song_of_Storms (post: 1302173) wrote:[SIZE="1"]
Okay, back on topic...
I hate this. What about this poor idiot who JUST subscribed to AI? Makes me sad~ ]

I know exactly how that poor idiot feels, I renewed my subscription to Newtype right before they pulled the plug. :stressed:
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews