Samurai Pizza Cats?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Samurai Pizza Cats?

Postby Benn » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:55 pm

Does anyone remember Samurai Pizza Cats? With Speedy Cerviche, Polly Esther, and Guido Anchovy? =^_^=
Benn

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:09 pm

I do, and I loved that show! I'd like to see it again.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:32 pm

I've never seen it! But I saw a commercial for it once and the opening theme, and it looked hilarious! I want to see it now.
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Robin Firedrake » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:33 pm

*sigh* yet another show that slaps random nouns and adjectives into a title and tries to make sense of it.
Robin Firedrake

Postby KagayakiWashi » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Robin Firedrake (post: 1294359) wrote:*sigh* yet another show that slaps random nouns and adjectives into a title and tries to make sense of it.

They were cats who were samurai pizza delivery cats.....and they fought against this fox guy who was very weird, so it's not that random!
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Benn » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:16 pm

Haha yeah not that random. Like to change into their superhero costumes they jumped into their pizza ovens which turned into a slide that led them down to their lair or something.

look up the opening on youtube robin firedrake. :)

I hope they put the season on DVD sometime.
Benn

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:13 pm

No, definitely not random!!

I wanna see it now. XD
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Robin Firedrake » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:31 am

I didn't say that the title had nothing to do with the show. What I meant was that someone tried to make a really crazy sounding title and make a show that fits it somehow.
Robin Firedrake

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:08 am

Ah yes, this was one of those...um...Americanizations of an anime. I believe the original show was called Kyatto Ninden Teyandee. I'm pretty sure they didn't make up a title first and then make a show. XD Though it's certainly not out of the question.

I actually would like to see both versions of this. It looks really cute and fun.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Good point, Shiro. And I didn't realize there were two 'versions'. I, too, would like to watch them.

My DA account
My MAL

Fantasy Dreamer

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews