Looking for christian themed or christian based anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Looking for christian themed or christian based anime

Postby nicktk1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:58 pm

Looking for christian themed or christian based anime for my anime club that im starting up in WCU (its gonna be a christian anime club) so any ideas. also when i say "Looking for christian themed or christian based anime" i mean that they have christian messages or something of that sort, i realize there is little to no anime that has a complete christian foundation
Thanks,
Nick
nicktk1

Postby goldenspines » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:06 pm

I sadly can't think of any titles at the moment that would fit the criteria.

But, this thread may help you out: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=40642

Please post your question in there. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby Akira Takahashi » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Haibane Renmei? SP1 did an awesome lesson plan for his Sunday School class here.

Trigun is also pretty good. Mind if I share a quick personal story?

I was a very suicidal teenager, but I'm not going into the details regarding the "why". I kept a rope by my bed at all times, thinking that one day I'd hang myself in the woods outside. I was shuffled from psychologist to psychologist (they inspired me to be a psychology major, but I left after turning antipsychiatry - go figure, I doubt that they'll graduate someone who rejects the notion of mental illness), I would collapse in a fit of exhaustion after long prayers, for they were the only things to keep me from going over the edge; and I finally did attempt suicide when I was 17.

Believe it or not, Trigun was my first real introduction to grace, as our church was in a mess without a full-time preacher, and I'd never heard a sermon on grace before. As stupid as this sounds, Trigun brought me back to the Lord. There, and people say that TV is just a distraction...
"People who sin say this: that they had to, to survive. People who sin say this: that it's too late now to stop. The shadow called Sin dogs them steadily from behind, silently, without a word. Remorse and Agony are repeated, only to end up at Despair in the end. But the sinners just don't know, that if they'd only turn around, there is a light there, a light which keeps shining on them ever so warmly. A light that will never fade." -- Vash the Stampede
Akira Takahashi

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews