"Location:" isn't showing up

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

"Location:" isn't showing up

Postby shooraijin » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:39 pm

In people's profiles on the side of the page, the word "Location:" is missing from their ... Location. ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:18 pm

Locations showing up fine for me, but some sigs are not displaying and the site freezes for me. Nothing big.
Link Antilles

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:34 pm

Ahhh, you beat me to it, shooraijin. :p
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:43 pm

It shows up for me... O.o
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Omega Amen » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:47 pm

Link Antilles wrote:Locations showing up fine for me, but some sigs are not displaying and the site freezes for me. Nothing big.
"Location" does not show up in the Lite skin but does show up on the Default skin. Sigs are only displayed once per page in a thread. So if I posted twice here on the same page, you will only see my sig in the first post. These are the patterns I have detected so far.

I also do not see the Quick Edit button in the Lite skin, but I do see it in the Default skin.... Hmmm.... Maybe this is something on my part?

I have no comment on the freezing part since I have not experienced that... yet?
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Link Antilles » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:20 pm

Omega Amen wrote:"Location" does not show up in the Lite skin but does show up on the Default skin. Sigs are only displayed once per page in a thread. So if I posted twice here on the same page, you will only see my sig in the first post. These are the patterns I have detected so far.

I also do not see the Quick Edit button in the Lite skin, but I do see it in the Default skin.... Hmmm.... Maybe this is something on my part?

I have no comment on the freezing part since I have not experienced that... yet?

Ah, I see... makes sense. Thanks for lifting some of the fog of mystery. :thumb:

Heh, well same here on the quick edit, I checked it out a few minutes ago. And the same for the Location, it was missing in the Lite Skin, too.

I guess freezing isn't the best way to put it, more like not responding here and there. Yet, it doesn't load slow for me.
Link Antilles

Postby Straylight » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:17 pm

So let's get this straight -- "location" and "quick edit" are missing from the lite skin?
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby shooraijin » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:40 pm

Yup.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Straylight » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:57 pm

Fixed.. :)
[align=center]
Straylight

Postby shooraijin » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:59 pm

Okay, whine #2 on the lite skin ;) the custom labels below the avatars are now unreadable (light grey on only slightly different light grey). :P

Also, I'm getting this phantom left-right scroll bar just below my posts now (I presume this has something to do with the Quick Edit). This is in Camino (basically Mozilla), on the lite skin.

shooraijin

Postby Straylight » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:05 pm

I can't fix your scrollbar problem, because I can't recreate it (is using Firefox 0.8). However I will sort out the labels... :P

(edit: labels fixed)
[align=center]
Straylight

Postby Omega Amen » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:57 pm

Straylight... sorry to bother you again.... In the Lite skin, I noticed the text in posts under a user's avatar identifying his champion standing in one of the arcade games is hard to read because it is light grey text on a light grey background. This is just like the previous problem with the labels.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Straylight » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:19 pm

Thanks for the feedback... fixed :)
[align=center]
Straylight

Return to Announcements and Feedback