Edit your own anime/manga reviews?

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Edit your own anime/manga reviews?

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:38 am

I thought of a little neat idea. Recently I've had to ask gypsy numerous times to edit my own anime reviews, alongside with others as well. I thought it would be a neat idea if it was possible for others to edit their own anime which they have submitted. Like their list of reviews in the database could be in their user CP or something, and they could edit some minor gramatical errors. I know it can be annoying for some of the mods when they need to constantly edit the anime/manga reviews.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:14 pm

That idea makes good sense on a practical level. However, I'm inclined to say (and understand that I'm speaking from vague memories of discussion on this subject, not actual knowledge of the code of our database) that this wouldn't be as easy to work into the system.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:59 pm

True, it would be pretty hard to do.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:13 am

Yeah. The main problem with the system is the ability for people to just edit the URLs and get around the security protocols. Add to that changing usernames and rogue accounts and you've got a mixed up little scenario.

It's a good idea, it's just that it's not very practical.
Mithrandir

Return to Announcements and Feedback