Chat with Vic Mignogna

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Chat with Vic Mignogna

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:55 pm

Thanks to everyone who participated -- we had a great time! Vic is going to come back, since we didn't have a chance for everyone to ask questions, but it was a wonderful time of fellowship. The transcript is attached. :)

boku no kaita posuto wrote:Vic Mignogna, a Christian voice actor who has lent his voice to multiple USA anime releases, including DNAngel, Full Metal Panic, Kiddy Grade, and of course as Edward Elric in Full Metal Alchemist , has been kind enough to drop by the CAA chat and answer questions -- this has been rescheduled to TODAY!, Tuesday, August 23rd at 6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern. We'll run for about an hour or so.

See this thread for a recent interview and commentary: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=23864

Mods will be in attendance to keep things orderly, but it'll be an open forum. Please think up your questions that you'd like to ask and we'll see you there!

How will the chat work?
Everyone who's in the chat room gets a turn. When you show up, your name goes in my hat. After Vic's answered a question, I'll take another name until they're all gone. If you don't have a question, please simply pass, and I'll get another name. When I'm out of names, we'll start over. I'll also insert questions from people who can't make it from time to time, too.

Everyone in the chat area will be "gagged" until it's your turn. Nothing personal!

Hopefully, this will be just one of many interviews with other Christians in the manga and anime industry. If you have suggestions for people to contact, please PM a mod or admin (preferably with a contact location, such as a web site, so that we have a fighting chance of getting a hold of them :sweat: ).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:03 pm

Awesome! I'll be sure to be online for this.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby R. Zion » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:09 pm

*jumps for joy and then begins weeping* Of all days....I might be in Delaware getting my Insurance license on Wednesday!

*does his patented Darth Vader impression* Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
R. Zion

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:13 pm

A chat. With us. Wow. *angelic halo descends on the site*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:14 pm

WOW!! :jump: :jump: :dance: That's so awesome! I'm so excited! ^__^

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:28 pm

KYAAA~ I'm so excited (*O*)/ I've wanted to meet him ever since Ohayocon!
Kawaiikneko

Postby Debitt » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:37 pm

^_^ Sounds great~ I hope I'll be online to speak with him a bit.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:56 pm

WAIT!!! What time is it? Please, let it be past nine!!! *thinks of church*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:01 pm

Will this be in the chat room? Because it doesn't work on my computer? will it be on just a regular forum? I don't have Java or whatever I need to run the Chat room.... *siiiigh*

EDIT: *FAN GIRL SCREAM*

Ok.. I am done now..^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:06 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:Will this be in the chat room?

See above post:
"has been kind enough to drop by the CAA chat and answer questions"

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to rewrite the entire chat system by next week, but maybe I'll get a work-around in place - no guarentees, though.
Mithrandir

Postby Madeline » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:06 pm

Wow, this is awesome! I can't wait to read the interview. :)
Madeline

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:10 pm

Mithrandir wrote:See above post:
"has been kind enough to drop by the CAA chat and answer questions"

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to rewrite the entire chat system by next week, but maybe I'll get a work-around in place - no guarentees, though.

is there a site I can download Java for free?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:11 pm

If I can't be there, is it possible to have a question list assembled that we members who may be MIA (Or at church. *Is both happy and sad. More sad, though, if she's honest*) can put our questions on. Then the mods can insert those question they consider "worthy" or outstanding into the conversation for the missing members?

Mangafanatic

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:13 pm

Well, feel free to post them here :) and I'll ask them on behalf of those who can't make it.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:34 pm

Hey, Shooraijin, is there a way if some of us can't make it... to like copy and paste the interview somewhere?

I am sorry If I am sounding difficult.. I know you guys are doing your best! And I hope I don't come across as an ungrateful member, that is REALLY not my intent..^^;

a BIG sorry to you Mithrandir... I hope I didn't sound ungrateful about the Caa Chat.... Please forgive me...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:40 pm

Yes, the transcript will be posted, assuming all goes well (crosses fingers).

shooraijin

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:37 pm

man!! first thundercats on dvd, now this!! things just keep getting better and better, rock on caa!!

i'll be there if i can, if not i'll make sure to read the interview
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:00 pm

I know I'm a complete pessimist, but I see an announcment like this as a troll magnet... A lot of anime fans know the names of voice actors, and he will have fans and, well, "un-fans" who may stop in because they saw that announcement while lurking, and see that as their opportunity to wreak havoc... I may just be paranoid, though...

I hope I can do this chat. It would be interesting... I applied for, um, fan-acting positions before... I really like doing stuff like that. It would be interesting to talk to someone who actually does it (though, frankly, I'd have loved to talk to people like Alan Young, Katie Leigh, and the late Hal Smith... I'd have to ask katie leigh why she, in her role as girl role model "Connie Kendall", bashes RPG's after playing the thief in "Dungeons and Dragons" and then, most recently, doing a role in "Everquest II"...)

Anyhow,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:18 pm

Actually, I had exactly the same concerns, and there *will* be lots of muscle on standby. We'll just leave it at that.

shooraijin

Postby Syaoran » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Sorry to be a pain but who is this person and what can we ask him.
Syaoran

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:50 pm

Syaoran wrote:Sorry to be a pain but who is this person and what can we ask him.

I think the first part of the first post should explain a lot..)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby dragonnova » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:58 pm

@,@ this is like too good to be true! ^_^ I am SO going to be here no matter what!!!
dragonnova

Postby FadedOne » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:52 pm

dude...

wow. sweet! *grin* i'm not sure i can make it...but there'll be transcripts right? *hopes very much*

Lara
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
~~~~~~
At the heart of mature [color=DarkOrchid]femininity
is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nuture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships.

At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships.[/color]

~~~~
Disclaimer: The comments of Lara, both on forum and chat, are random, unusual, and often sarcastic. Read with a pillar of salt. Thanks. :thumb:
FadedOne

Postby samaside » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:26 pm

Uhm, sorry, I don't know who admin or moderators are here... but I could ask my friend Caitlin if she'd like to do a chat someday.

She plays Winry in Fullmetal Alchemist, Triela in Gunslinger Girls, Hiyono in Spiral, and several more...

- Sparkles
-Erase and Rewrite-
"Anime is great but this... this is forever." - VM
AIM: sparklesonastick
samaside

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:04 pm

Though I'm not a fan of Fullemtal Alchemist, I would love to ask a few questions of mr. Vic. : D

Very cool. It's like... cool. Stop, colaborate and listen.
Joshua Christopher

Postby agasfas » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:02 am

Sounds fun. It's nice of Vic to take some time off his busy schedule to do such a thing. If I'm not working, I'll be sure to drop by and see if I can get some random questions answered. :P
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:07 am

...Wow... *speechless*

This is pretty darn cool.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:18 am

The time has been set (6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern, and it'll be for about an hour). Sparkles, we would *love* to have Caitlin here. PM me.

shooraijin

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:54 am

Oh great... I hope my mom will let me stay up.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:08 am

FadedOne wrote:...but there'll be transcripts right?

As stated earlier, we will provide transcripts if the interview goes as planned.
uc pseudonym

Next

Return to Announcements and Feedback