Please stop using the IP address

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Please stop using the IP address

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:31 pm

There are still some users putting up links with the old 66.92.1.159 address. Please stop using the IP address in URLs, as one day it may change; our DNS mapping to http://www.christiananime.net has been up and functional for quite some time.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Slater » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:58 pm

there are still a few glitches in one of the skins which makes the site automaticly link to the forums, referring to the IP, I believe. Been a while since I've seen it since I use the old skin.
Slater

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:00 pm

If you can give us some specific URLs to look at, we'll fix that.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Slater » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:26 pm

I'm looking around on the Lite skin and I'm not seeing it, so my guess is that it was fixed within the past few months, between the time when I switched back to default and today... but I can't be sure since I really don't know my way around in this skin.

Still, the better question to ask is to those who use the IP... Why do they do it?
Slater

Postby Mave » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:04 pm

frwl wrote:Still, the better question to ask is to those who use the IP... Why do they do it?

I'm guessing that they have that address as a bookmark. I used to, when we had a server meltdown and that 66.1..bla bla address was the only thing working then.

EDIT: Wait a minute, I'm still using that address! I just realized it upon looking at the URL address. Ok ok, I'm going to change my bookmarks back to christiananime.net. Sorry, I didn't notice this earlier. :red: How embarrassing.
Mave

Postby shooraijin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:11 pm

Could be that, too. Regardless, posted links should now use the name, not the address, so that they won't break in the future. :)

Thanks for checking, frwl.

shooraijin

Postby Shadowchild » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:40 pm

I dont understand...
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:06 am

If you don't understand, you likely don't have a problem. The way to know is to look in the "address bar" of firefox or IE and see if it looks like:

http://www.christiananime.net/lksdjfalksdfjakdsjdfas.php (Replace laskdjfa;sldkjf.php with whatever page you are on).

If it looks like that, you're probably fine. If you see a bunch of numbers where 'christiananime.net' should be, though, you'll need to change something.
Mithrandir

Return to Announcements and Feedback